New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: VDF Fonts  (Read 1587 times)

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
VDF Fonts
« on: February 27, 2019, 01:56:33 PM »
Hi, this maybe a weird question but I notice that on some IGT s2000 have  stylized font that scrolls (and does many different effects such as transistion, scroll up and down and break apart)  across the VDF such as “Good Luck” or “Play 3 Credits”. I have an IGT S2000 Double Diamond that doesn’t do any of these effects on it’s VDF, I am wondering how do I make do these effects? Thank you :)
Slot Machines and more slot machines! Instagram: @itsaslotmachine

My latest adventure:
https://m.facebook.com/AnAtypicalGirl/

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: VDF Fonts
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 02:07:14 PM »
It's not a setting, I am 99% sure it is the base chip determines how and what gets displayed there.  I can change the base chip only, and the game behaves differently, all other things being equal.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.ItsaSlotMachine Is working their way up.
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 02:22:17 PM »
What base chip do you have? And what does the base chip do? And do you need a specific base chip for specific themes?

My latest adventure:

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 02:29:29 PM »
From what I’ve learned the difference on the VDF dIsplay is controlled by what Cersion chip your machine has. I only have and use two different ones. One ends in a 0 and the other ends in a 1.. I don’t have the complete chip numbers in front of me, but I’m sure I can find the information if needed.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Dpalmi

• Sr NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Dpalmi New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 02:37:23 PM »

I believe you can see the type of font you are talking about in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex1GjjSp5jM

If I remember correctly, this is an older version of the "Version" chip and the pictures you have attached in the original post are newer version of that chip.  I don't remember the exact #s, but I am sure someone will chime in....

dpalmi (Dan #2)

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 02:39:50 PM »
The video shows the correct font that I’m talking about and where casb I find the Cersion chip in my machine?

My latest adventure:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 02:41:39 PM »
I stand corrected then.  Not the base chip.  The base chip is theme specific, there's usually only one per theme/max coins (with a few exceptions)
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 06:52:36 PM »
Thank you, What chip controls the VDF? And how do I change out the chip so that the VDF can scroll the font and say “Insert Coin” as mentioned earlier?

My latest adventure:

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 06:54:25 PM »
Or do I need the enhanced CPU?

My latest adventure:

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 06:56:23 PM »
It is the version chip that controls it.
The chip that ends with a zero will have the graphics you are talking about  but it can only be used on a single denomination machine. If the version chip ends with a 1 then it will show what is called a split screen which contains more information on the screen and is also required for multi denomination machines. This convention holds true for standard S2000 machines. Reel Touch and Vision machines do not work with the VS chip zero and one as above.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2019, 01:51:32 PM »
My slot machine is a multi denomination machine with a split screen, Why does a multi denomatuon machine require the chip that ends with 1? 

My latest adventure:

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 185
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 02:13:09 PM »
The  1 chip is required to support multi denomination.
You will not have the options to set up multi denom with a chip ending in 0. If you just want to run one denomination you can do that to your machine but you will have to clear it and key it to reset everything after you replace the VS chip.
With the 0 chip you only get the choice of setting the accounting denomination which will also be the game denomination.  The 1 chip you set the accounting denomination let's say .01 then you also have options to set the game denominations like .25, .50, 1.00, 2.00. Along with that you can also set the payback % for each denomination.
So you could set the .25 to 88% payback and the 2.00 to 92%. These options are not available with a chip ending in 0.
Hope that makes sense.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline ItsaSlotMachine

• It's A Slot Machine
  • I'm a slot machine
    • Atypical Girl
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2019, 06:05:01 PM »
Thank you and that makes total sense:)

My latest adventure:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal