New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 809 3 Quarter paying double with 3rd coin ONLY  (Read 5983 times)

Offline Samman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Samman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
809 3 Quarter paying double with 3rd coin ONLY
« on: March 27, 2019, 07:13:22 PM »
Machine pays PERFECT with 1 or 2 coins played.  On 3rd quarter, all payouts are DOUBLED. I have checked top multipliers and they seem clean and making contact.  Any help appreciated.

Offline Samman

• NLG
Re: 809 3 Quarter paying double with 3rd coin ONLY
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 07:59:54 AM »
Hmmm, no replies as of yet. It appears that my issue may have stumped the forum members. By the way, it is an 809-ZT machine.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 12:04:57 AM »
Sam:
Do you have a set of test cables that you can put your multiplier unit on a bench and watch it operate in real time?  I had the exact same problem with my 809 several years ago.  In order to see the problem I remember using the cables that I bought from a member of NLG and wondering how I could have possibly fixed the game without them. 

It has been about 5 years since I had this problem and honestly I DO NOT recall what the exact issue was.  I DO recall that it was obvious what was wrong once the multiplier was on a stool that I use for testing.

Sorry I cant be of more help.  The mind ain't what it used to be.

Ra

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 02:02:42 AM »
there is an odds disc in feature unit - most likely sticking - not resetting

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 02:07:44 AM »
Yes, the odds disc!  IF you have the cables play 2 coins, set up a pay and see what happens.  Then play 3 set up the same pay and see what happens.  I think a screw driver and perhaps a little light oil did the trip for me.

Ra

Offline Samman

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 05:35:41 PM »
I took apart odds 3x unit on top. Properly greased and checked all contacts. Still have issue. Sad. I guess I'll have to pay tech to look at it. 

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 05:39:30 PM »

Sam

It could be a tooth not catching.  Do you have the extension cables?  They are worth their weight in gold in matters such as you are faced with.

Ra

Offline Samman

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 09:22:17 PM »
So, the extension cables are basically two insulated wires with alligator clips at each end? I need explicit instructions, as I'm not a tech. With the unit powered on and the top unit removed, I gather I'm able to power cycle the top unit with the aid of the extension cables and visually observe the actions of the upper unit.  Where do I connect the wires? Not sure if this is something I could do without the expertise that someone like you has.

Offline GOS

• Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 09:42:17 PM »
thought i replied regarding the 3 multiplier being lubed and checked - not the stepup unit - attached is picture of a 809 feature - the stepup on the right side - handles the lights and how many coins played so that the correct mulipler unit is activated.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 05:28:04 AM »
Sam:

i am sorry that a I was not more specific.  The extension cables are 24 or 30 individual wires at least 6' long with the appropriate beau plugs on the end.  You remover your troubled head unit and set it on a bench or stool next to you game.  Then you plug the appropriate end of the extension cable into the head unit and the other end into the beau plugs in you game cabinet.  Now you can set up a 3 coin hit and watch what happens, or does not happen in real time. 

I had a similar problem to yours on an 809 about 5 years back.  It drove me crazy until I had the head unit out.  Then what the issue was became perfectly clear.

I bought my cables form a guy on NLG named Jim.  He was a gentleman and I bought his deluxe set with ALL of the cables needed for ANY Bally EM.  He even made a special Molex extension for my Bally Arrowline since the hopper has an addition set of wires right from the factory.

I will try to post a picture of the cables if possible.  MONEY WELL SPENT if you are going to keep these old machines happy.

My opinion is free and worth every penny :rotfl:

Ra

Offline Samman

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 09:38:34 AM »
thought i replied regarding the 3 multiplier being lubed and checked - not the stepup unit - attached is picture of a 809 feature - the stepup on the right side - handles the lights and how many coins played so that the correct mulipler unit is activated.

Yes, checked the step up unit on right and cleaned and oiled. But I also took apart the white odds unit (on left of picture with numbers on wheel) as well. Problem now worse. Getting 3 to 4 times normal 3 coin payout.

Offline Samman

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 09:41:49 AM »
Sam:

i am sorry that a I was not more specific.  The extension cables are 24 or 30 individual wires at least 6' long with the appropriate beau plugs on the end.  You remover your troubled head unit and set it on a bench or stool next to you game.  Then you plug the appropriate end of the extension cable into the head unit and the other end into the beau plugs in you game cabinet.  Now you can set up a 3 coin hit and watch what happens, or does not happen in real time. 

I had a similar problem to yours on an 809 about 5 years back.  It drove me crazy until I had the head unit out.  Then what the issue was became perfectly clear.

I bought my cables form a guy on NLG named Jim.  He was a gentleman and I bought his deluxe set with ALL of the cables needed for ANY Bally EM.  He even made a special Molex extension for my Bally Arrowline since the hopper has an addition set of wires right from the factory.

I will try to post a picture of the cables if possible.  MONEY WELL SPENT if you are going to keep these old machines happy.

My opinion is free and worth every penny :rotfl:

Ra

I’m sure the extension cable you describe is worth it. Let me run right down to the slot machine store and get it. Lol. Obviously, this is something I cannot make up or buy. I do appreciate your help though.

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 09:59:03 AM »
The plugs to build the extension can be bought at K-Lar I believe. They did have both the 18 and 24 pin plugs, not sure if they have any of the 30’s.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Samman

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 10:12:06 AM »
The plugs to build the extension can be bought at K-Lar I believe. They did have both the 18 and 24 pin plugs, not sure if they have any of the 30’s.

Outstanding!  Now what is K-Lar ? Can you provide a link? I’m not getting any hits back from Google.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 03:23:13 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 10:35:40 AM »
They are located under Sponsors on the Home page. You need to go to the parts, Bally Electromechanical. Here’s the link to K-Lar..

https://www.slotmachinerepair.com
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 03:25:53 PM by shortrackskater »
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2019, 11:24:45 AM »
Sounds to me like your 3X multiplier unit might be defective.

Offline Samman

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 03:02:32 PM »
They are located under Sponcers on the Home page. You need to go to the parts, Bally Electromechanical. Here’s the link to K-Lar..

Thank you. I called and left a message with them.

Offline Samman

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 03:09:39 PM »
Sounds to me like your 3X multiplier unit might be defective.

Any idea on cost to replace one?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2019, 05:29:59 PM »
They are located under Sponcers on the Home page. You need to go to the parts, Bally Electromechanical. Here’s the link to K-Lar..

You can order right off that web page.
And remember...

Offline Samman

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2019, 06:06:48 PM »

You can order right off that web page.

Site works EXCEPT for the Bally parts section. Anyway, I'll run this issue by Alan and see what his thoughts are.  Maybe best to go with a new 3x multiplier instead of buying electrical plugs and then having to wire them up, only to find that the issue is a bad 3x multiplier.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal