New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Machine Type Mismatch Error  (Read 17303 times)

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Machine Type Mismatch Error
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2014, 08:24:38 PM »
As per #1 first post,  It worked when you bought and got it and then you cleaned it and dicked around with it now all the sudden-it does not work, Correct?. Something occured in this exchange and work I would think.  It is always easy to blame a mpu/cpu and this may be the case but I smell a rat.  Just a old timers 2-cents.  Do you have another cpu to try to rule this out?  It would help.  If not many here would help on that at a decent price I would think.  Also--Check ALL the pins on the back of your cpu/mpu-gold in color-look for any laying over/bent--may help).

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Haywired New User barely matters.Haywired New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2014, 09:09:29 PM »
Ok ..Reseated and double checked all connections ..I\O boards etc ....Machine goes thru boot up process mismatch error is not showing up ,seems to be ready to play.....BV cycles as it should but will not take bills....Im trying to insert bills to see how it plays but now getting BV errors ...first stacker problem,reseated cash can that seemed to go away...second error BV error ....removed BV and transport looked it over and reinstalled .....now received BV Jam error....I installed a known working BV out of another machine and came up with the same errors ......I would have tried another board but I do not have another 1270 .....only have 504's in my other machines
Yes it did play when I purchased the machine ....who knows what could have happened to it the 5 hours it spent in the back of a truck ...when I cleaned up the inside,I'm pretty sure I didn't unplug,disconnect or rewire anything to make the machine have errors .....Don't know what you are implying by smelling a rat.....Im just asking members for their ideas and assistance on how they fixed similar errors they might have had in the past.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:10:25 PM by Haywired »

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2014, 05:02:51 AM »
He means something kinda obvious bit out of the ordinary, he wasn't referring to you personally. Sounds like you might be getting closer. Does the machine take coins? Was it laying on it's back for the trip? Something could have slipped behind the motherboard. Traveling on it's back isn't normally bad for these machines, but stuff floats around in those cabinets that's not supposed to be there

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 07:41:17 AM »
I believe I am getting closer .....Just BV errors,last night I installed A known working BV and came up with the same BV errors....the machine is set up for pennies but has a nickel in the CC and hopper is nickel also,so I was going to change the coin denom settings to nickel and see if it will take coins.The machines were on their backs the whole trip,but were well straped down.My next thought was to trace all harnesses to the motherboard and make sure they are all seated.Good thing is that I have another working 5 reel machine to check things out with ....only problem is the other machine has a 504 board instead of a 1270 like the machine I am working on.Wierd thing is that the BV was working as well as the game before I transported it.
Thanks to everyone who has given me advise with my issues,I really appreciate it

Offline PLUNGER BOY

• Sr NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • PLUNGER BOY New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 04:25:03 PM »
Is the bill validator  enabled . Did you do a netplex configuration .what are your limits. Won't take bills if set low or off

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2014, 05:12:37 PM »
Last night when I checked it was enabled ...but I need to check the limits .....where do you guys usually keep yours set at ????

Offline PLUNGER BOY

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2014, 05:41:27 PM »
Max out all limits.  I do not use coins . all coin  parts have been removed . I use bill validator and TITO. My coin option has been disabled .P.B.

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2014, 05:50:37 PM »
I came on here to ansewer a PM and got to reading this thread and I have a question. Why does everything on this site have to become a major problem?  I don't seem to have all the major problems with my machines, sometimes like this thread they are just a little ol simple problem.

Eric The coin size you have in your comparator doesn't make any difference. Your machine is kind of stupid and just doesn't care what the value or size of the coin you have installed. Be aware if your machine is programed for a penny and you are using nickels, for each nickel you drop in you are only going to get a credit of one penny.  Why not give this a try and if you don't like it it's easy enough to change back.   In Key menu set 7.1.1.1  Accounting at one cent and 7.1.1.2 Coin Denom  to one thousand dollars, ($1,000.00 ) this way for every nickel you drop in you will get $1000 credits.

OK Let's go to the BV, first thing is bypass the micro switch on the cash can door, second remove the BV and cash can from the machine. A S 2000 does not require either one. Now with the BV and can removed, open and close the main door latch 3 or 4 times. The BV error will now be cleared and machine is waiting for you to add credits.  If the BV error didn't clear, you have a door optic problem. If the door optics are good and you had tried the opening and closing the door latch, the MACHINE TYPE MISMATCH would have cleared and you would have fewer gray hairs.  ( By the way the CC will not work until ALL errors are cleared.)

NO I'm not going to post in this thread again, I see a big argument about a Mismatch error being cleared using the door latch. The fellow that says it doesn't work is the same fellow that don't know what the F**k he's talking about. Basides if all I wanted to do is aruge, I'll take my X Wife out to lunch.
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 08:41:25 PM »
Update .....I did what Buzz suggested ...micro switch on cash can door has already been bypassed ...removed BV and cash can ....opened and closed door multiple times ....gave me multiple BV errors last one would be the stacker error ....Errors didn't clear so I understand I have a door optic problem ....adjusted the optics to line up as much as I could ......door has probably 5\8" of play but I adjusted for that ...no change ...so correct me if I am wrong..at this point I find some NOS optics or do I bypass them for good .....Thanks Buzz for the reply ...this might be a simple little problem to fix,but unfortunally I don't know all the "tricks of the trade"so to speak ...that's why I keep asking the questions

Offline PLUNGER BOY

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2014, 05:02:05 PM »
To test your door optics . Open door push the button on the cpu go to  4 I/O test. Scroll to 4.1 input test. Scroll through to 4.1.3 processor input test. Scroll to main door . Close door. Open and close latch it should go from 1 to 0 every time you unlatch the door. if this works its not the main door optics P.B.

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 05:27:33 PM »
PB
Tested ok ....went from 0 to 1 when down ...with latch in down position the 1 only stays on for a second ..or should it stay on 1 until the latch is raised,or does it matter as long as it changes.

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2014, 05:42:04 PM »
I guess the next thing to do is trace all wires to the BV ..being that so far all the errors have something to do with it ,there has to be a wire shorted somewhere....if I have to I have another machine I can swamp harnesses out with

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2014, 05:57:24 PM »
Or unplug it from the motherboard and see if it clears up, then if it does take a good look at the harness and BV housing, components, etc. If not, then pull the motherboard and inspect it. Obviously there is more than one thing it could be and it's boiled down to process of elimination.
You're learning a lot though :yes:

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2014, 06:12:46 PM »
As in Post #1 and Buzz's and others input,  Keep this easy,  This should be an easy fix.  I understand I guess you are newer to these?.  Do this,  Roll back the clock, put everything the way it was when you got it.  I also do, and this is a problem Assume you have proper clear chip to work with?.  What is the EXACT problem with this game--WE can fix this for you given proper data--don't worry about printers etc.---irrelevant.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2014, 06:34:07 PM »
As a note, How did this member get to door optics etc-? I prob. did not read all the posts?  Easy to chk A 1 or 0 = open or closed on those and for that matter many other game platforms.  Sorry, but if it Was in front of me--No more than 10 minutes--Not in front of me.

Offline PLUNGER BOY

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2014, 07:17:01 PM »
When you change bill validators from a working machine .  Did you do a netplex configuration you have to do this or your machine may not see the new BV  in the machine. P.B.

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2014, 07:30:11 PM »
Tomorrow night I will unplug from the motherboard and check out everything else,wires harnesses etc to the BV.....before I do that I will try the other BV and this time I will do the netplex configuration ...I did not do that in the first round.
Many thanks to everyone for the advise ...I am learning alot 

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2014, 07:35:41 PM »
It may work swapping in a known working one, but your machine configures netplex devices every time you turn it on. In otherwwords, it knows when something plugged in is responding properly, but it ignores that device of it's been removed since the machine was last turned on. Give it a shot though

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2014, 07:36:58 PM »
Haywire,  Know and remember that it Worked when you got it,transported and now problems,-so all that gear worked. --Keep it easy.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2014, 09:39:34 AM »
I came on here to ansewer a PM and got to reading this thread and I have a question. Why does everything on this site have to become a major problem?  I don't seem to have all the major problems with my machines, sometimes like this thread they are just a little ol simple problem.

Eric The coin size you have in your comparator doesn't make any difference. Your machine is kind of stupid and just doesn't care what the value or size of the coin you have installed. Be aware if your machine is programed for a penny and you are using nickels, for each nickel you drop in you are only going to get a credit of one penny.  Why not give this a try and if you don't like it it's easy enough to change back.   In Key menu set 7.1.1.1  Accounting at one cent and 7.1.1.2 Coin Denom  to one thousand dollars, ($1,000.00 ) this way for every nickel you drop in you will get $1000 credits.

OK Let's go to the BV, first thing is bypass the micro switch on the cash can door, second remove the BV and cash can from the machine. A S 2000 does not require either one. Now with the BV and can removed, open and close the main door latch 3 or 4 times. The BV error will now be cleared and machine is waiting for you to add credits.  If the BV error didn't clear, you have a door optic problem. If the door optics are good and you had tried the opening and closing the door latch, the MACHINE TYPE MISMATCH would have cleared and you would have fewer gray hairs.  ( By the way the CC will not work until ALL errors are cleared.)

NO I'm not going to post in this thread again, I see a big argument about a Mismatch error being cleared using the door latch. The fellow that says it doesn't work is the same fellow that don't know what the F**k he's talking about. Basides if all I wanted to do is aruge, I'll take my X Wife out to lunch.

AMEN!!! Well said Buzz... :agreepost: :I_agree_1: :agreepost: :1:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal