New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Alpha 2 V32 Video Touch Screen Problem  (Read 2377 times)

Offline tequilla9z

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • tequilla9z New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Alpha 2 V32 Video Touch Screen Problem
« on: July 05, 2019, 06:37:13 PM »
Had monopoly installed on this machine and went to install another game and I get to my set up screen and it doesn't respond when I press any of the set up screen buttons.  I press all around the screen and it responds at the top half of the screen that is all grey in color above the set up window.  I've checked all cables and also pull cpu out and reseated video card and still does the same thing.  One thing I did do was uninstall my os by accident but then I reinstalled it.  I've looked at the cable ends to make sure all pins were not bent.  I'm at a loss.  Any help will be appreciated.  I'll post pictures of how screen looks when it's booting up.  It acts like it is confused.  I get an initial full screen and then it splits into two.  When I did the install, all the touch screen buttons worked fine.  It's just when I try to boot up the game.  I've tried different games and it all does the same thing.

Offline Irish2020

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Irish2020 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally Alpha 2 V32 Video Touch Screen Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 07:08:00 PM »
I tried to help hime with this.  The machine was working perfect playing WW, Monopoly and Super QH Midnight Diamonds Playboy.  He tried to load Spiderman and while at the setup screen he uninstalled the OS 370C by mistake.  I had him do a factory reset and reload 370C.  Then tried to go back to WW which was working great before.  As the game starts to boot up its fine.  Then it switches to a split screen and continues to load.  When finished and he enters the purple setup screen.  Half is screen is gray and the bottom half is purple.  The touch only works at the top which won't allow him to setup the game.  We also tried 370b same issue.  Then we tried a couple other games, same issue.

Any ideas??  I have never came across this on my machine.  I also had him reseat the video card and check on the connectors on the cables.  It just seems strange that this would all happen by uninstalling the OS during a game install.

Thanks for any help you can provide on this..

J

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 08:04:48 AM »
The touchscreen controller is flaky.  I bet if you open the monitor door horizontally, the touchscreen will work correctly.  For some reason it works horizontally, but not vertically, it is really weird, but it works.  If this is the case, I would get a known working touchscreen controller and see if it fixes it, that is how I've been able to fix these issues before.

To add to the mystery, sometimes after you set the game up with the screen horizontally, and then close door, and reboot after the setup, it sometimes gets the touch working right.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline tequilla9z

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 04:52:56 PM »
Ok.  Think I got it fixed.  It did let me set up machine by doing the horizontal trick.  I was able to do the settings like that fine.  Then when I would need to press the buttons on the screen during game play it wouldn't let me so I tried lifting the door while pressing on the screen.  Sometimes it would work like that just by picking up the door a little.  So I started wiggling the cable slightly going into the back of the touch screen and it would work.  I examined pins on the cord and they looked fine but the cord had a kink or shall I say a bend right behind the plug.  I guess from lifting machine door many times.  So to make the cord stop bending when I opened the door I just rerouted the cable and it solved the problem.  So now i'm buying a new cord to fix this permanently.  Thanks for the help.  Even when the cord appeared fine at the pins, by having that bend in it I guess I have a wire breaking on the inside.

Offline tequilla9z

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 07:05:37 PM »
Well thought the cord fixed it.  It worked fine for awhile then went back to acting up.  Sometimes when I had door all the way closed I could touch the side of the door (like having a ground with my hand) and touch screen at same time and it would work right.  Take had away from metal and then it doesn't respond.  Gonna change out video card since one is already ordered and then if it persist I guess i'll try the controller.  Is the controller easy to change out?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 09:06:06 PM »
The video card has nothing to do with the touchscreen.  Your touchscreen controller is going bad.  You can get them most of the time on e-bay for under $50.  The controller is located under a metal cover that has 2 screws on it.  You can easily tell where it is (top right of the screen) by following the golden flat cable that comes out of the touchscreen into the controller (sometimes covered by a black tape.  Remove the 2 screws and then 2 additional screws secure the controller to the monitor.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline tequilla9z

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 06:18:21 PM »
Rick which cable plugs into the controller board?  Both?  And do I just take cover off and get a part number off it and search ebay?  Thank you for your help. 

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 06:38:37 PM »
Oh, you have an aftermarket monitor.  The white cable should be the serial cable which is the one for the touchscreen.  Since I don't have your particular model screen (I would guess it is probably a ceronix?), I would remove the cover where the plugs go into and have a look at the controller type.  Bally uses 3M EXII-7020SC on their OEM Tatung monitors.

Offline tequilla9z

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 08:30:48 PM »
Yes it is the ceronix monitor.  So the black cable isn't where the controller is?  I replaced the black cable cause it had a bend in it and when I raised the cabinet and would wiggle the black cable it would start responding.  I also tried wiggling the white cable and it didn't have any effect.  So the white cable is where the controller is?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 09:09:08 PM »
It is hard to tell from your photos, whichever cable is the DB9 is the touchscreen.  The Video cable is a DVI type cable, it is wider than the db9

Offline tequilla9z

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 09:06:17 AM »
Ok black cable in pic is the DVI cable so other white cable is where controller board will be?  Where would the ground be for the touchscreen?  Maybe that has a bad connection??

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 09:21:56 AM »
There's usually a ground strap attached to the monitor somewhere that goes between it and the cabinet frame.

Offline RVC

• Reputation Power: 3
  • RVC New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 04:53:44 PM »
In my opinion, the only thing you have to do is calibrate the touch screen, turn the key twice and touch the cross in each corner of the screen, do it after restarting the machine and with the monitor door closed

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 08:05:42 PM »
Sometimes it does not work.  If you do a touchscreen test and the little dot is dancing around (like flashing) without you touching the screen, then it is most likely a bad controller.  Oddly enough, if you lay the screen horizontally, it works fine most of the time as long as it is horizontally positioned, but as soon as you flip it vertically, then it does the dancing dot thing on the screen test and you are unable to calibrate because for some reason, even when you touch all the way to the bottom, it calibrates to about 1/10th of the screen from the bottom.  You calibrate it horizonally,  it works as it should.  I have only been able to fix this issue by replacing the controller.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal