New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: VERY low sound issue.  (Read 1241 times)

Offline 68droptop

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • 68droptop New User has no influence.
  • NLG
VERY low sound issue.
« on: January 06, 2020, 11:29:12 AM »
I have a 3 reel S2000 Pure Pleasure with a sound issue I cannot figure out.
I am getting sound at a VERY low level out of the speakers and cannot figure out why.  I can hear hiss through the speakers and very softly hear any tones that are being generated.  Volume levels are set high.

I have swapped the amplifier board with a known good one to no avail.  I swapped the entire CPU and daughter board into another machine and the sound works in it.
Looking for suggestions on what to look for.
Thanks.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: VERY low sound issue.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 01:00:04 PM »
you have eliminated all but the wiring harness, swap it between the two machines,  I have heard the opposite of the wrong harness, where the sound on the lowest setting is very loud, usually the wiring has to be changed, compare the two harness, especially the long black connector with the jumper loops on it.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline 68droptop

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 01:15:19 PM »
Thank you for the reply.  Which harness are you referring to?  There are a lot of wires... 

I am no expert on these, but am learning.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 01:28:56 PM »
up in the top box where the audio amp is located. only one harness, goes directly to the feed through area between the cabinet and top box,  there should be a connector that goes to the two speakers, a connector that applies power, a connector that sends down a signal to the speaker in the bottom of the cabinet, and the long black connector ,which is the input from the cabinet via the feed through. all these connections are on the audio amp.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 01:31:16 PM »
The picture you showed was of the main mother board. all the audio comes from there, up the side of the cabinet to a feed through area up to the top box area.

Signature:

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 01:58:29 PM »
Jim is referring to the harness with the long black plug in the top box.

Offline 68droptop

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 02:01:13 PM »
Perfect. Thank you both.  Will check this out this evening.

Offline 68droptop

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 11:39:23 AM »
The picture you showed was of the main mother board. all the audio comes from there, up the side of the cabinet to a feed through area up to the top box area.
Jim is referring to the harness with the long black plug in the top box.

Good news/ bad news...You were absolutely correct on the harness.  I swapped it out with a known good one and the sound fired right up again, although through a single speaker.  Will have to check out why that is happening.
However, after 30 minutes I got another error, Display's NETPLEX Link is Down and the bill reader does not work.  Older bill reader, so I may try to swap it out with an extra MEI unit I have. (if I can find the right green bezel for it, they are hard to find.)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 12:24:31 PM »
There's a previous post to that, some harneses do not have the 2nd speaker wired, check the harnesses and compare the two to see if there's a different in the wiring.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline 68droptop

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2020, 02:17:40 PM »
Unfortunately I cant compare it to the other one.  That machine just left.  I sold it off to fund buying a bunch of spare parts for the other machines.  A new harness is on the list of parts I would like to have on hand.
However, when the harness that is in the Pure Pleasure machine now was in the old one, both speakers worked. 

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2020, 02:55:04 PM »
You might have had the same issue I had on my machine where a couple of caps on the mmlite board was causing issues.  Have a look a this thread.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=26225.0
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline 68droptop

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 05:36:03 PM »
You might have had the same issue I had on my machine where a couple of caps on the mmlite board was causing issues.  Have a look a this thread.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=26225.0

Great Info, thank you!
I'll check it out as soon as I can and will report back. (Just got my butt kicked on fixing a Game King and am done for the day!)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal