New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 873 payout issues  (Read 1482 times)

Offline traxinger31

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • traxinger31 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 873 payout issues
« on: May 23, 2020, 12:39:04 PM »
Hello,
I bought myself a Bally 873-A Slotmachin a few weeks ago.
I have already fixed 85% of the machine.
But i still have two main Problems and I don#t know what I could do next.

(1): When I get a winning combination, (like 2 Cherry's) the machine would like to pay out,
       but the payout motor don't start to rotate.
       Then i must open the door and "simulate" the payout by pressing the button which counts the coins which where payed out.
       After that I'm able to play the next rounds normally till I have a winning combination==> the issue starts at the beginning.

(2): Since yesterday, the Fuse for the payment mechanism always gets blown when I close the Door (pressing the doorswitch)

Could you please help me with your knowledge about such machines? That would be very nice
Thanks.
Christoph
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 02:29:52 PM by traxinger31 »

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 873 payout issues
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 08:13:08 PM »
Can you post a photo of the button to which you referred. Would help us understand your problem.

Offline traxinger31

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 12:08:20 AM »
Here is a photo of the doorswitch

Offline rdaniel

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 08:56:06 AM »
That switch (button) has nothing to do with the hopper payout. It completes the circuit to the counters for coin in,  coin out and cash box counters can operate. Sounds to me like you have a short somewhere in the 50 volt circuit

Offline traxinger31

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 11:35:02 AM »
Thanks, so I must find the shorty.
It would be no option to simply take out the buton (let the curcuit always open) would it?

Offline rdaniel

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 11:44:29 AM »
You could simply cut one wire and see what happens.

Offline traxinger31

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 12:31:30 PM »
Ok, I will see what I can do.
Do you or anybody have an solution for Problem #1?

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 02:44:20 PM »

(1): When I get a winning combination, (like 2 Cherry's) the machine would like to pay out,
       but the payout motor don't start to rotate.
       Then i must open the door and "simulate" the payout by pressing the button which counts the coins which where payed out.

you mean you are manually pushing down the linkage to step up the replay counter unit?

when a win is detected, the payout relay should power.  A switch on the payout relay turns on the hopper motor and powers the override solenoid to allow coins to eject.

the payout relay is on the back side of the hopper unit (see page 44 of the bally 400 manual).

if the override solenoid is powering but the hopper motor is not spinning, you'll need to check the hopper motor itself and make sure the pinwheel can spin (unit not gunked up).

you can jumper wire 40 to wire 50 on the payout relay and the hopper motor and override solenoid will turn on as soon as you power on the machine.

Offline traxinger31

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 09:11:31 PM »
Thanks for the tip, but the override selenoid also don‘t work

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2020, 10:27:59 AM »
is the payout relay powering?

there's two redundant switches on the payout relay that have green wire 40 and white wire 50 on the blades.  At least one needs to be closed for the hopper and override solenoid to power.

yank the hopper and check those switches.

Offline traxinger31

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2020, 10:41:31 AM »
Yes, well, the payout relais closes normaly i figured out today, but the relais by the override selenoid which would power the payout motor and parallel the override selenoid only closes for ~0,1secends. (To less time for any payout things)😬

Would coud be the problem🤔

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2020, 11:19:03 AM »
download this manual:

http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/bally_manuals/bally%20400%20supplement.pdf

look on page 44.  The payout relay is #51, and it should stay powered until the payout is complete.

if the payout relay is not powering and staying powered, you'll need a way to measure voltage or continuity through the reels.  Got a meter?

did you get the 873D schematic and it makes sense?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 12:02:59 PM by wolftalk »

Offline traxinger31

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2020, 11:35:41 AM »
Thanks for the hint, I have checkt it ouz and:
The relais #51 stays powered during payout process, I can see this and can measure it.
But the #2 relais (or whatever this is on page 44) only closes for ~0,1sec., and I thinks this thing should activates the hopper motor, so the energie dont comes to the #2, but why?

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2020, 11:46:26 AM »
#2 is the override solenoid. 

it pulls in and retracts the coin knife/kicker to allow coins to exist the hopper.

the override solenoid should be powered when the payout relay is powered.

1] remove the hopper
2] take off the shield #50 covering the payout relay
3] look at the switches on the payout relay and post a picture.  Are the contacts dirty/burnt/pitted? ... especially the ones on the blades with the green and white wires on them
4] operate the payout relay by pushing the armature plate down on top of the coil.  Did the switch contacts touch before the armature was all the way down?  You want the contacts to touch and the blades to keep moving a little ... that causes the contacts the slide across each other and make a good, kinda self-cleaning connection.

most likely if you clean and adjust the payout relay switches, the hopper and override solenoid will work.  The only thing in the circuit is payout relay switches and the plug connection to the cabinet, so also check the wire 50 and 80 plug pins (see plug chart on schematic)

Offline traxinger31

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2020, 11:55:41 AM »
Thanks, I will check this.
You mean that on wire 50 and 80 is always power and the relais #50 activates the hopermotor &selenoid relais). Nothing more is actually in this circle

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2020, 12:09:36 PM »
yup.

below is the schematic.   Both of the payout relay switches close at the same time when the payout relay powers ... for redundancy and having two paths for the high current to go thru.

close either/both of the switches, and the hopper motor, override solenoid and safety timer motor all turn on.

Offline traxinger31

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020, 12:14:22 PM »
Ok, I‘ll try, it must work, (or something is damaged)

Offline traxinger31

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2020, 12:39:52 PM »
A  short questions, do anybody know what switches exactly are on the payout relai? Is their any picture which exactly explains the single switches?

Offline traxinger31

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2020, 02:28:30 PM »
Crazy, the machine works perfectly (a relais contact burnt and because of that the relaise don‘t close perfecly==> no realy good contact for the hopper motor).
I changed it with a unjused relais from the rail mechanism
Thanks for all advices :thank_you:

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2020, 03:27:40 PM »
A  short questions, do anybody know what switches exactly are on the payout relai? Is their any picture which exactly explains the single switches?

there's no switch stack diagrams for the slot machines.   You look at the wire colors - which you get off the schematic.

there's two switches on the payout relay that connect the white wire 50 to the green wire 40.  Make sure both are clean and close well when the armature plate is pushed down on top of the coil and you'll minimize arcing/burning of the contacts.

dry black carbon on the switch contacts is ok.  Shiny/oily or varnish-like coating should be cleaned off.
[size=78%] [/size]

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal