New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Triple Stars ram error  (Read 13199 times)

Offline T-Stars

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • T-Stars New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 Triple Stars ram error
« on: August 05, 2014, 08:15:55 PM »
Newbie looking for advice on what to do to solve "ram error" alarm/code

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: S2000 Triple Stars ram error
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 08:31:58 PM »
Turn the small brass key in the lock on the upper right side of the machine...well, right side, handle side, whatever you want to call it.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 08:53:12 PM »
Door must be open when you turn the key.  Then it will probably tell you to hold down the reset button for 2 to 3 seconds.  That's the little white button next to the lights on the MPU board.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline T-Stars

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 05:09:38 PM »
when I powered on this evening I now get a buzzing noise through speakers and the second led from top on mpu blinks on and off in unison with buzzing noise. No message on display or anything else. I closed door, powered on couple times, all still the same. What's up now? Thanks in advance for any help. I bought the Triple Stars for my wife since I myself have a few old pinball machines. You all know when the wife's happy, all are happy, LOL!

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 05:42:24 PM »
Did you turn the key?

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 07:12:17 PM »
Normal procedure when you have a ram error is
Open door, alarm will sound
Cycle jackpot reset key 3 times, vfd display will show "press reset button for 3 seconds
VFD display will ask you to close the door
Machine will reset

If you opened the door and turned the key once, then turned the machine off, I would try turning it on and opening the door then turn the key a couple more times. If that doesn't work, unplug the machine for a few minutes then plug it back in and try again, but close the door while the machine tries to get through it's startup cycle

By the way, the reset button is the white button by the lights on the MPU if that's pertinent information. I don't really know what you know or don't know about these machines so I'll try to cover all bases

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Haywired New User barely matters.Haywired New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 07:01:15 AM »
when I powered on this evening I now get a buzzing noise through speakers and the second led from top on mpu blinks on and off in unison with buzzing noise. No message on display or anything else. I closed door, powered on couple times, all still the same. What's up now? Thanks in advance for any help. I bought the Triple Stars for my wife since I myself have a few old pinball machines. You all know when the wife's happy, all are happy, LOL!

Is there anything showing up on the display when you turn the machine on ? ....If it is a blank screen it could be a bent leg or not all legs are seated with the SB chip ...just a thought ...Have you removed any of the chips from the MPU?

Offline T-Stars

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 07:43:39 PM »
Ok, yes, I turned the key...no response. I was getting the ram error message and alarm after usual booting message process, but now nothing but humming when I power on. Nothing on display now....have not removed any chips. Had been working fine till recently.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 08:19:14 PM »
Check the voltage on the coin battery located on the MPU it needs to be above 2.7 volts. Make sure unit is turned off before removing anything inside the machine.

Also are the three fluorescent lights in the machine coming on? One of your ballast my be bad if the lights do not come on you may have to unplug a bad ballast before the unit will come up.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline T-Stars

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 08:30:34 PM »
I will check voltage of battery tomorrow but the fluorescent lights are working. Thanks to all....

Offline T-Stars

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 06:53:17 AM »
Ok, checked coin battery...1.8 volts...bad. Also noticed corrosion around green 3.6v battery and some traces and nearby components...also bad. What's my next move? Replace both batteries, I can do, but not sure about trace, component corrosion, and possible board damage (hope not). Help!!! I do have the enhanced sound board which looks fine. The rest of main board seems to look ok.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 07:00:13 AM »
Green battery doesn't need replaced, just throw it out and clean the corrosion off the board underneath it. If the acid from the battery damaged the traces under it then you will likely need a new board and one of the vendors here can help you out. A primary indication of trace damage will be a perpetual door open message on the FD display, but you will need to replace the coin battery to find out for sure where you stand. Don't get carried away and order a new board yet, but depending on the amount of corrosion it's a good possibility

Offline T-Stars

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 07:30:31 AM »
Thanks Cowboy, for the fast reply. You and a few others here helped me once before when I first got the machine. Was around Christmas, 2011, a present for the wife, not scoring/paying correctly, was wrong SB chip. I will follow your directions once I get a replacement coin battery. What do you suggest to clean board with after I remove old green battery. Also, just for my understanding, why don't I have to replace the green battery? Could I have removed it earlier and possibly not have this corrosion issue? Hanging gutters today, part of my honey-do list. Thanks, again for all your help, Ed.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 08:34:58 AM »
When you remove the green battery clean the board with a mild vinegar solution as the make up of the battery is NmH which is alkaline.  Then use plenty of water on qtips and be sure it is completely dry before you try to use it.

Good luck
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 08:48:42 AM »
On your series board the green battery is dead weight and just a problem waiting to happen. And yes, you could have removed it earlier though it may have been to late by then anyway

Offline T-Stars

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 07:26:16 PM »
Thanks, Rich and Cowboy. I will order a new coin battery and remove green battery and do cleaning. Then I guess power up and let you know what happens. I am going out of town next week for a little r-n-r but will post results as soon as I can. Thanks, again.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 01:26:37 PM »
Replace the battery with a CR2032 and a battery socket.

All Electronics sells the battery and the socket.

Next time your battery gets low all you have to do is pop out the old battery and slip in the new one.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline T-Stars

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 06:23:03 PM »
Thanks for the tip Badbaud, will do.

Offline T-Stars

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 01:41:03 PM »
Ok, back at it. Removed old green battery, cleaned corrosion with mild vinegar, and dried well. Then replaced coin battery, got a ram clear chip set and started clear procedure. Removed stepper base chip and installed clear chip (00097). Powered up, got top two amber led. Powered down, replaced stepper base chip, powered back on, went through memory test, got Ram Error, as per instructions. Now the bad part, when I turn reset key to clear error, nothing happens...still get Ram Error and alarm. Tried turning key multiple times but no help. What next?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 02:01:32 PM »
If you did a full clear then you have to key chip it and set accounting denom, player demons if it's multi denom capable, machine type, and all your limits.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal