New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Solved! Coin-In Error(NOT Coin-In Jam)  (Read 4576 times)

Offline ThirdGenAmusement

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Solved! Coin-In Error(NOT Coin-In Jam)
« on: August 31, 2020, 11:20:08 AM »
Still banging my head against this s2000 5 wheel slot.  Had everything working again as of last night when I was able to set the 7 segment readout to the correct setting.  I played the heck out of it for a good hour or so and worked perfect.  Once again I was getting ready to take it off my lift calling this DONE but then I started to get the error about the belly glass being open.  I dont recall the exact error that would pop up/cause reel tilts but I was able to push in on the top left side of the belly glass to get it to do normal play.  Then that wasnt enough.  I opened the belly glass door and would then push the switch in by hand.  Then that wasnt enough.   Sometimes i would have to push the switch in hard to get it to work.   At this time I would also get a Coin-In error also along with the belly glass door open error but would go away and machine would work perfect if I got the belly glass door switch in its "sweet spot"  pushing in on it.  So I bipassed the switch.  That took care of the belly glass door open error but now I get a persistant:

Coin-In Error
Closure M
Call Attendant

Here's what I've done so far:

--Swapped through all the I/O cards I have. I/O cards that were in the machine with the Coin-In Jam error would produce that error instead of the most recent Coin-In Error.

--I have re-cleaned the optics in the coin comparitor as well as the set of optics below the coin comparitor. 

One thing of interest.  After shutting the machine off and turning it back on the machine will power up like normal with no errors and even play for a short "3 or 4 spins" before the Coin-In Error comes back.  When the machine is on and getting the Coin-In Error and I lift the latch to open the door/clear errors, the reels will spin and do its normal thing like its setting back up to play but then the Coin-In Error comes up however more often than not as I type this clearing the errors does seem to clear the error and the game will play.  I can pound around different areas of the door and cabinet with no ill affects.  I can also lift and push down on the front door with no issues either. 

The error if in game play seems to come once the reels stop and the pull lever coil releases to allow you to pull it to play another bet.  Its shortly after that coil pulls or releases but not while so I dont think this is a direct issue but may lead to the sequence the machine goes through.  I havent had a real tilt due to the Coin-In Error meaning it doesnt seem to happen while in game play.  Its hard to rule out some connection issue of sorts but trying to make a connection error happen doesn't seem to surface.  I had considered bypassing the door closure sensor to rule that out but it doesn't seem to be the issue.

Appreciate any ideas to pursue.  Boards  look good as does the batteries check out.  Varta is still on the board though I may mod this so thats out of the question.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 11:57:05 AM by ThirdGenAmusement »

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Coin-In Error(NOT Coin-In Jam)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 01:11:03 PM »
Are you actually using coins to play or does it randomly happen when playing credits? The Varta battery should definitely be removed. It's trouble waiting to happen if it hasn't already caused damage.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

• ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 02:09:14 PM »
Hi RB,

I am using bills at this point and set it up for hand pay above 1.00 payout for now.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 02:22:50 PM »
Just for diagnostic purposes, you can cash out (zero credits), insert your key chip(no need to clear). Disable token payout & enable coinless mode to see if the problem persists or goes away. No need to disconnect the coin in harness but you can use a jumper if you have one. One or the other must be hooked up or you will definitely get an error.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 03:51:32 PM »
Ok, made those changes but the issue still happens.  It played for awhile before the error occurred.  I didnt remove or unjack the comparitor.  It was left hooked up as if it was to be used.  The error has started to occur after the Spin Reels/Repeat Bet button but before the reels have a chance to spin.  And now its taking more tries at clearing the error by lifting and lowering the door latch.

On a side note, I had to leave for a few hours earlier so the machine was left on with no errors and at the point it was ready to play.  I got back and it was in the same state, no errors and ready to play.  I played it once and it did the Coin-In Error.  This was before making the changes. 

Below is a link to a video.  The file is to big to post the video file.

http://photos.app.goo.gl/7MpmLWJK9VmnGU8G6
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 03:54:48 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 04:32:52 PM »
You were playing with the belly door switch. Take the wires off and twist them together. Switch is out of the loop
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 04:56:57 PM »
You were playing with the belly door switch. Take the wires off and twist them together. Switch is out of the loop

Thank you therockinelvis. Thats been completed.   

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 03:57:13 PM »
Hello,

I had taken a break from this slot and issue for a bit but getting back on it.  I have noticed that the coin-in error tends to happen after the machine has been on for 5 or so minutes possibly after it warms up   The longer its on the less it wants to clear.  Has anyone had any solder issues with the components on board? The error can occur in game play which also causes a reel tilt as well as jut sitting idle.  Any other ideas to checkout?

I took a video of the error and when it occurs but the file is way to big even after compression.  I have the video stored at this link:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ti9rraeYL6VvkS3U6

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 05:14:21 PM »
I had a problem sort of similar to this because I have a 5-reel game too. (Three Times Pay)

I changed out all sorts of stuff, I/O cards, harnesses, MPU's, etc.....nothing worked.

You know what fixed it?

There was a slightly bent pin on the inner door I/O card on the far right when looking at the pins with the Molex latch pointing away from my face.

I took a needle nosed pliers, and straightened it out, pushed in the I/O card back in very carefully and the errors went away forever.

I believe the I/O card was the wide socket 802 (for double row button decks)

Maybe this might help ya?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2020, 08:22:52 AM »
Thank you Stayouttadabunker.  I did go through the i/o cards with your suggestion as well as the main board connectors to ensure they were straight and luckily(or unluckily depending how you look at it) my pins were straight.

I have some different i/o cards coming to swap out so see if there is a change.  One of my door i/o cards solder points isn't shiny silver but a dull grey which would indicate a cold solder joint.  I have an iron which temp is correct for board work but my tip is pretty big so these little tiny areas I would need to touch up.  May pass it to my brother with a solder station to see if he can re-solder that area.

Ideas are welcome.  My solenoid for the handle on the side of the slot doesn't always lock the handle from being pulled.  That lock seems to be one of the first things the slot does when played is energize that coil.  Maybe I have a short in the coil?  The error does happen after its on for awhile just sitting there so probably not associated.  Just digging for a reason lol.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 08:36:00 AM by shortrackskater »

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2020, 08:51:14 AM »
I just re-watched your video...
I noticed that the flashing [20] up on the line display panel was acting sort of erratic.
Could you check the wires at the molex connector going to that reel glass display?
Maybe there's something wrong in that area?

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2020, 04:25:13 PM »
Received some more 802 I/O cards and swapped with no change.  I can disconnect either door I/O card and the error changes from Coin-In Error to Coin-In Jam.  Reattach the I/O card and after clearing the error it will either work for a pull or two or go right into the Coin-In Error again.
I am considering temporarily bypassing the door sensor to do some wiggling of wiring to see if once errors are cleared I can come across something that causes the error again.  I was able to do this to the I/O card between the main door and belly glass and couldn't really make this error out.  Shouldn't be the other I/O card but would like to rule out it and the wire loom inside to make sure its not a broken or partially broken wire.
Any thoughts on this being something faulty with the main board? 

Stayouttadabunker, I did reseat the cables going to the display. I wonder if its my frame rate of my camera that made it look funky. 

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 06:23:19 PM »
You're probably right about the camera frame rate making the display look "off".
I'm interested in this topic because I know it will help members in the future that run into this error.
I wish I knew exactly what triggers the MPU to display your error.
I will do some research on it.
Hopefully someone who's run into this error before will come forth with some advice that'll solve it soon.
hmm...read the first paragraph of Repy #11 in this topic....>>>> http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=28764.msg151542#msg151542
It seems like he "brought on" the "coin-in error" by messing with a door optic bypass utilizing the cherry switch.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 10:06:20 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2020, 06:31:28 PM »
Thank you. I hope to find an answer to. Appreciate your help.  Googling this error didn't turn up much but know I've seen one of two other similar posts somewhat recently though I don't believe there was resolution.  I'll keep plugging away and post anything I can figure out.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2020, 07:04:27 PM »
Might have nothing to do with the "Coin-In Error" error but I noticed :sherlock: in the 11 second video you posted in Reply #4, the paper is in the ticket printer backwards...that's why when it finishes printing, half a ticket is sticking out.

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2020, 09:14:54 PM »
LOL!  Yes, that was IGT #23,419 life lesson that the black reference marks serve a purpose on the printer and paper.  HAhahah!! 

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2020, 11:37:31 AM »
Had a little time so I swapped the power supply from this machine with another known working s2000.  No difference.  Sometimes a power supply with failing components can pass along "dirty" power making some weird glitches but this doesn't seem to be the case with this. 

On a side note.  When the machine errors and I cycle the door latch to clear the error, the machine does its thing with spinning the reels. At the point the last reel stops it will light up the buttons, etc like its ready to play before it errors out.  If I time it right I can hit the button or pull the handle to start the game but then it will error out with the Coin-In Error.  I can cycle the door latch again to clear the error and the machine will pick up where it was before the error and even pay credits if I hit something before it errors out again.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2020, 02:13:44 PM »
Does your mpu fit tight into the backplane cage? I had a machine that errored from vibration. I replaced the backplane board and all is good.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2020, 06:32:40 PM »
I may have missed this....have you tried another MPU board in this problem cabinet with the suspect chips?

I want to rule out any problems with the MPU, backplane or software.

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2020, 06:47:03 PM »
@Therockenelvis The board does seem to fit fairly snug.  It takes some good force to remove the board but that's my only measure as far as how well it fits.  Very interesting thought though.  I have, while the machine is error free, banged areas outside of the cabinet to see if there may be a connection issue and so far it hasn't errored.  My next step I'm  considering is bypassing the door optics so I can have the door open and tap on components to see if I get an error.

@stayouttadabunker there is a guy I know here in town with an operational s2000 enhanced board 3+1 real machine I am going to see if I can"borrow" to hopefully see if the error carries over to his.  Hopefully I can get this done by the weekend.  I'll keep you posted.  I'm not sure which would be easier, putting his board in my machine or putting my board in his. 

Thanks again for more ideas!  I appreciate your time!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal