New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ Double Jackpot Haywire 2 coin slot machine  (Read 1477 times)

Offline kmarrocco

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • kmarrocco New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ Double Jackpot Haywire 2 coin slot machine
« on: September 03, 2020, 05:07:06 PM »
I just picked up 2 slot machines.  One works fine but I am having trouble with the second one.  It is an IGT S+ (I think) Double Jackpot Haywire 2 coin game.  When I power it on, all the lights come on, the bill collector spins up and makes noise (like the working machine) and then the reels do not spin and no code is displayed.  When I touch the reels they seem powered because they do not freely spin.  Any ideas on what it may be?  I am new to slot machines and am interested in getting it up and running.

I should also note that the optic sensor has a wire damaged so I have ordered a new one to replace it, but I don't think it is related to the problem that I am seeing.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT S+ Double Jackpot Haywire 2 coin slot machine
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 11:30:29 PM »
Welcome to the site.

:NLG_WELCOME:

Since you're not sure if your machine is an S+ or not, I think the first thing we need to do is make sure that it is so we can give you accurate troubleshooting information.  If you're able to post a picture or two of the inside and outside of the machine, we can help identify it.

Videos are also helpful if you're able to shoot a brief video showing what your machine is and isn't doing, as it lets us see exactly what's happening since we're not there to see it in person.  If you are able to take a short video, you can upload it to YouTube and then post the link to the video here for us to help troubleshoot.

If it is an S+, the following FAQ may apply to your machine, although typically the reels are free-spinning if the power supply connector is at fault.  Worth a look, though, since it's a common issue:
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=28443.0

Also, while the broken door optic shouldn't prevent the machine from displaying an error code, you will need a working set of door optics in order for your machine to accept coins and work properly.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline kmarrocco

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 05:56:09 AM »
Thanks for the welcome and the quick reply.   I have taken a couple of pictures but have tried to reply twice now and am getting a file size error.   I will try to post them below since this is the 3rd time typing this.  I have posted a video at power up on YouTube as suggested.

https://youtu.be/50IZ6Whgc5Y

I don't think my issue is the common burnt power connector issue because mine looks ok.  At this point I am thinking that it may be related to the main board but I am not sure where to check next.   

Regarding the door optic, I have one on order but it does not arrive until Tuesday.

Offline kmarrocco

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 06:12:23 AM »
Pic 1

Offline kmarrocco

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 06:13:08 AM »
Pic 2

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 12:06:44 PM »
Great pictures and video. You do have a later IGT S+ machine. I'm assuming that nothing happens after the video ends?

If this machine is new to you and has never worked, and you've previously removed the suspect power connector on the motherboard to inspect it and replaced it properly, I think the next step is to look at the MPU board to see if you even have software installed on it. If the SP chip is missing, the machine would do what it's doing now.

With the power off, remove the MPU board tray in the back of the machine by lifting straight up on the black plastic knob until it frees from the motherboard in the bottom of the machine, then pull the tray towards you to remove it. If you can post a picture of the board here we can tell you if anything is missing. While you have the board out, also check for any bent or broken pins on the connectors on the edge of the board that plug into the motherboard.

As you discovered, there is a file size limit on pictures. You may need to use a photo editing program to reduce the size of the picture, which will also reduce the file size of the image.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline kmarrocco

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 12:13:43 PM »
All pins on the main board appear to be in good shape.  None are bent.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 12:32:49 PM »
I'm not seeing anything obviously missing or broken. Your SP chip doesn't have a label on it so the UV erase window is exposed, but since the board is in an enclosed space that's typically not an issue despite folks here getting up in arms about it.

Since you don't know the history of the board, though, it's possible that it sat in sunlight for a month and maybe that chip got erased.

Do you have a known good MPU board or set of known good EPROMs you can try in the machine to try and narrow down the issue?

Offline kmarrocco

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 12:41:34 PM »
The other machine I got is a triple diamond and is working fine.  Could I try plugging that main board into the Haywire cabinet to troubleshoot further?   Will that mess it up somehow?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2020, 02:47:40 PM »
That should be fine if they're both S+ machines. Just make sure the power is off when removing or inserting the boards.

If you get the machine working with the board from the Triple Diamond machine, the payouts won't match the reel symbols, but that won't be important for testing purposes.

Offline kmarrocco

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2020, 03:46:53 PM »
When I put the triple diamond board in the haywire machine it powers up the same (lights come on, bill validator makes noise, reels don't spin) but then I get a 61 code.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2020, 03:58:48 PM »
When you get code 61 (common when changing games) Press the white test button next to power switch(or behind it) until the machine dings and you see 61_1. then close door and turn the JP key one time and wait for machine to reboot.

Offline kmarrocco

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2020, 04:07:21 PM »
The machine now seems to power up fine including the reels spinning at the end of the sequence.   I cannot put coins in though because the optic sensor is bad and the replacement is not here yet.  I suppose I could take the one off the good machine.

Offline kmarrocco

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2020, 04:12:54 PM »
So it works now with the borrowed optic sensor.   So that confirms it is the main board or the chips on the main board.   

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2020, 04:47:44 PM »
If you are very careful and pay attention, you can switch the sp and ss chips from trip. dia. to haywire board, then you will know if it is board or chip
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline kmarrocco

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2020, 05:18:57 PM »
I thought about that as well but I think I will just order new haywire chips and try that so I don't end up damaging the triple diamond chips. 

Thanks to all that helped me troubleshoot this machine.  This forum is great.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2020, 05:29:41 PM »
Stay in your comfort level
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline kmarrocco

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2020, 02:16:24 PM »
So my new game chip and reel chip came today.  I have tried them both and still no luck.  Seems like it must be related to the main board.  I will have to look to order one of those online.

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2020, 03:14:27 PM »
So my new game chip and reel chip came today.  I have tried them both and still no luck.  Seems like it must be related to the main board.  I will have to look to order one of those online.

I have a tested 10mhz mpu board with new battery. PM me if interested.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline kmarrocco

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2020, 03:54:15 PM »
So I have put newly purchased game and reel chips in a newly purchased and tested main board.  I am stuck on code 68 which says is an incompatible  data PROM.  Which chip is this pointing to?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal