New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ won't boot up all the way  (Read 908 times)

Offline JethroP

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • JethroP New User has no influence.
S+ won't boot up all the way
« on: October 24, 2020, 07:54:08 PM »
I just picked up my second slot.  Red, White, and Blue S+.  Now I have 2 S+ machines, but the new one doesn't boot up all the way.  When I turn it on, the bill acceptor spins for a few seconds, pauses and does it again, and again for about 10 seconds or so then quits.  After that nothing happens like on my other machine where the reels cue up and the LED's on the door light....

I have checked the 3 fuses at the power supply.  I also pulled the MPU to look for obvious burned parts and saw none.  Reinstalled the MPU.  What should I check next?  Voltages at certain connectors?

I'm wondering about swapping out the MPU in the non working machine with the one in my working machine to see if it's something on the board, but don't want to damage anything in the process.

By the way, the person I bought it from had not used it in 4 years.  Could the battery go dead and cause what I am seeing?  They said it worked before, but who knows.

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
Re: S+ won't boot up all the way
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 08:15:45 PM »
First of all any code numbers on the display?
At that time do the reels spin freely are all they locked up?

Offline JethroP

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 08:17:24 PM »
The LED's are blank.
The reels spin freely.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 08:24:03 PM »
The harness from the power supply to the motherboard is likely bad. Remove it from the MB & inspect it for burns specifically at the green wires. It's a common issue with age. Ken has some new & better harnesses listed in the classifieds.

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=29640.0
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline JethroP

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 08:37:07 PM »
I removed the harness from the power supply to the motherboard and inspected.  It looks good.

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 09:05:09 PM »
Try to wiggle that plug on the motherboard and check to see if the reels lock up while wiggling it
If it locks up it is the plug or the motherboard connection.

Offline JethroP

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 09:20:16 PM »
Try to wiggle that plug on the motherboard and check to see if the reels lock up while wiggling it
If it locks up it is the plug or the motherboard connection.
Yay!  That did it.  It came to life!  I can play coins now but I can't add credits with the bill acceptor.  The bill acceptor is not taking in any bills.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal