New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: reel and belly lights out  (Read 861 times)

Offline scratchee35

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
reel and belly lights out
« on: October 29, 2020, 05:29:31 PM »
s2000 3 reel 1 line triple diamond
i lost the power to my florescent belly and reel lights...top works fine
both were working...machine plays perfectswapped with known working lights, transformer, power supply...nothing changed.
any suggestions?
thanks!!!
S

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: reel and belly lights out
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 05:46:52 PM »
Gee I don't know scratchee?  :scratch-head_2:
You sure the machine is plugged into the wall outlet? just kidding. :rotfl:

Check the Molex connector housing from the lights to the transformer.

I will bet that a black wire has come out of a pin in there.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline scratchee35

• scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 06:08:01 PM »

i checked the wires, connector and molex...dont see any issues...no voltage at the connector that plugs into the transformer
machine works perfect other than the 2 lights
thanks!!!

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 06:56:53 PM »
hmm...My only thought is to use a multimeter and check those wires for continuity...eyeballing them won't see an internal break.

Those wires are so old from heat that they are brittle.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 07:14:32 PM »
trying but i lose them pretty quick on the inside of the door to the back of the machine.
question...can i cut the wires going to both transformers, then tap into the wires on the top and connect them to the the wires that feed the payline and belly transformers?
just an idea.....
S

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 08:12:12 PM »
I'd imagine you could if wanted to go that route.

But I wonder if you dis-connected the power going to the top, the belly & reel fluorescent s would come on?

It almost sounds like your main power supply for some reason, can't push the amperage to start up the ballasts on the door?

Try that first before splicing into the top.

Swap the lamp too...you could have a couple bad ones.

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 05:18:03 AM »
tried a 2nd known working power supplyunplugged top light from transformerswapped known bulbs
unless someone comes up with a better idea, i think im gonna try the spice route...atleast 1 at a time, just for s&g
thanks!

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 06:59:01 AM »
so, you are saying that the reel and belly lights are not working.  they are lit using 25vdc supplied to the electronic ballast. If you don't have any voltage going to either ballast then something came unplugged or a wire got cut or ?   you can splice into any  SOLID ORANGE WIRE, IGT used the same color code for all the wiring, Solid Orange Wire and black wire with a orange tracer is the 25 vdc .

That being said, you may still have a potential problem lingering in that machine if you have a cut wire dangling somewhere, as luck would have it, it could short out and cause an intermittent condition.

Let me look at a machine tonight and see if I can trace it back to its origin.

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2020, 10:28:02 AM »
correct....i dont have power to the transformer on either payline and belly glass...ive pushed pulled prodded twisted...no luck....normally, when i get a new machine, i get it working, 100% before cleaning and reconditioning the machine.  thats why im pretty sure i had them lit...but its possible that i missed this small issue because it had the wrong top glass in it when i got it.i appreciate anything that can be done to narrow the problem
thanks!!!
Steve

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2020, 05:04:53 PM »
the power for he reel lamp and belly lamps come from one source, a plug behind reel #1,  it feeds the electronic ballast for the reel lamp and then goes on to terminate at the belly ballast.  your plug probably came undone!. 

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2020, 05:07:25 PM »
Scratchee,

I'm not anywhere near a machine at the moment.

Can you pull out the plug where the harness begins at? Behind the reels?

When you do that, take a picture of it....it should be doubled right?

Meaning, one is routed to the transformer on the belly door and another wire running to the reel glass light?

If you can do that, then you can stick a multimeter in each end and see if there's continuity?

If you're not getting power to the transformer, then that means there's a problem back at the doubled wires connector?

Back there too, you can see with a multimeter if there's any power coming out.

***updated***
Sorry Jim....I didn't see you posted.
That's the area I was talking about in the picture you posted.

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2020, 12:16:06 AM »

thanks guys...had to work late last night...and early today...will be home around 6 tonight.well the 6 didn't work out so well..it was a lot later than that..anyways,

well...I don't know how, or why, but the break was right before the door hinge, as best as I could tell..after twisting the wire harness apart to find the hot wires, it started working..i think the main problem was it being pulled by the 2nd harness, which was laying on top of it...its hard to explain, fbut I put a wire tie on the door frame, and on the side wall, separating them....so far, its working.  I know that it's "rigged" but seems to be a good alternative to tearing into a wire harness...atleast for now it seems good.
thanks for everyone's input!!!

Steve
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 01:16:46 AM by scratchee35 »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal