New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: please help igt s + db validator inop  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Ricky

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Ricky New User has no influence.
  • NLG
please help igt s + db validator inop
« on: November 10, 2020, 05:25:59 PM »
hello im a newbe.i bought a igt s+ started with a battery code got that fixed then got a 61 code and could not get out of loop.then I purchased ram clear and bv on off chips.installed ram clear chip and now working like it should but when installing bv chip .when turning machine on with bv chip I get nothing in display?go through settings and its saying bv is off and bv does cycle during power up .please help thanks.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Ricky

• NLG
Re: please help igt s + db validator inop
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 05:39:59 PM »
thanks for the reply! that is the same directions that came with my chip and followed them correctly. when I put the db clear chip in and power machine up im sopose to have a 0 in the coin in display and I have nothing its blank.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 07:27:08 PM by Ricky »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 03:03:07 PM »
If nothing is happening when you correctly install the SET chip, I would say that your chip is suspect and I'd suggest contacting whoever you bought the chip from to obtain a replacement.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Ricky

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 03:28:56 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I contacted who I received chips from He sent me new ones and it does the same thing he said he tested the bv chip i sent back and said it was ok.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 03:56:35 PM »
You're for sure replacing the chip in the GAME socket on the MPU board, and for sure inserting it the correct direction with all pins inserted correctly?

Just verifying here, is your machine functioning normally with coins with your current GAME chip installed?

One unlikely thing to try is if there's a jumper next to the GAME socket you could try setting it to the opposite of what it's currently set to (either connect or disconnect the pins) to see if you get any response from the machine. Just be sure to set the jumper back to what it was when you're done.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Ricky

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 04:37:00 PM »
Yes I tried check several times it's inserted correctly. Machine is taking quarters and works as it should. Not really sure what your talking about with the jumper

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 05:47:00 PM »
When you put the set chip in, did you push the little button next to the on/off switch? Pressing it should get you to the 9 menu and pressing it again gets you to the denom. menu. Pressing again sets it all. All steps with the door open
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Ricky

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2020, 06:08:19 PM »
Yes I pressed it several times and I even tried to hold it down for a few seconds and all displays still stay blank.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2020, 06:35:36 PM »
You may have to clear it again. Since you have a new set chip we can rule out bent legs. 

the rockin elvis

Offline Ricky

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2020, 05:33:58 AM »
Ok I will give that a try after work

Offline Ricky

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2020, 04:32:06 PM »
Update i got bill validator to turn on it was a issue with one of the pins.but when I put in a  chrisp dollar it spits it back out any ideas?

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2020, 05:04:21 PM »
Crisp Dollar, meaning a 1? We need to know if your validator is a JCM 200 or 145. Or is it a WBA 11/12? The older units won't take most of the newer large head bills

the rockin elvis

Offline Ricky

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2020, 05:36:17 PM »
Sorry that might help its a dbv-200 and I'm aware about not taking newer  Currency So I just put in a $1 bill and it spits it back out.thanks

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2020, 05:52:41 PM »

Check this video for proper operation of the dbv200

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvA70sgMse0

the rockin elvis

Offline Ricky

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2020, 06:33:13 PM »
I tried a new $20 and $50 and it took it just won't take $1 but thats fine. thanks for all your help guys I really appreciate it!!

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2020, 06:48:25 PM »
Fantastic. It might have the ones disabled

the rockin elvis

Offline Ricky

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2020, 07:44:55 PM »
If i wanted to change that are there dip switches or something to change that?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2020, 12:02:05 AM »
If i wanted to change that are there dip switches or something to change that?

Although unusual for someone to do (except for older machines from New Jersey where it used to be required that machines not take $1 bills), there is a DIP switch setting on the underside of the bill validator head that can inhibit the acceptance of $1 bills. If DIP switch 1 is set to ON, it will not accept $1s.

See the attached image. The DIP switch bank is under the head of the DBV-200. You'll need to power off the machine and as I recall there are a couple of screws you need to remove to access the underside of the DBV-200 unit.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal