New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Connecting jackpot bell 831  (Read 1276 times)

Offline SPN

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • SPN New User barely matters.SPN New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Connecting jackpot bell 831
« on: November 28, 2020, 02:16:39 PM »

I have a bally 831 C and wonder if there’s a easy way of connecting the bell, on all pay or just jackpot ?

I have tried to solve it my self but I  can’t figure it out.. 🤨

:thank_you:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 12:54:40 PM by SPN »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: Connecting jackpot bell 831
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 07:08:20 PM »
schem for the 831-C says the bell rings when any of the following power:
- top jackpot relay
- center jackpot relay
- bottom jackpot relay
- melon jackpot relay

those relays power directly from the reel wipers, and they must be working if you are getting the 100 (melon) and 200 (bally) payouts.

a set of switch blades on each of those relays have yellow wire 30 on one blade and probably red wire 10-2 on the other blade - looks like bally forgot to label the wire on my schem.  Make sure those switches work right.

10-2 goes on one side of the bell, and the other side of the bell is blue wire 20 (6V fused power).

if it's not working, how are things connected in your game and do you prefer voltmeter or jumper wire when looking for problems?

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 05:21:58 AM »

Yes I’m sure all the payouts are working perfect.

Just to be sure the bell was not connected when I bought the machine so there is no wires that I know of I can use.

I think I can use the voltmeter but I’m not very good at it, still learning :)

On which part am I suppose to connect the wires, is it to the reel mechanism beau-plug  or to the top beau-plug or ?

I can take some pictures if it will help

Thanks 😌

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 09:24:55 AM »
pictures definitely help.  If you have trouble downsizing them for the site size limits, email the hi-res versions to slotpics@cdyn.com and I'll do it for ya.

if you don't mind, emailing highest possible res pics to that email of the entire front of game, entire inside of coin door, and as many pics of the insides as you'd like is very helpful.  I'll add them to the stuff on http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots and eventually make a proper website out of it all.

you bell should be mounted on the top/right side of the main cabinet area, so the wiring harness around there should have the solid blue and solid red wires hanging out of it.  The 831C had a top light, so those wires may be coming/going to the top compartment to either a terminal strip or up thru the top to a light tower.

bell should have two lugs to attach the wires.  Since it's an AC coil in the bell, doesn't matter which wire goes on which terminal.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 10:40:14 AM »
If there’s a bell in the machine and it’s all original.
There should be wires to operate the bell.
In the back right corner behind the handle mechanism is a small bundle of wires.
This is where the red and blue wires should be for the bell.
Also a black and yellow wire for the top light if there’s one.

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 12:58:05 PM »

[/size][size=78%]Here’s a picture of the machine and as you can see the top light is working fine, I have checked but there is no red and blue wiring inside the slot machine.[/size]

What more specific should I take picture of that can show where to install the bell ?

There is also installed a chime gong assembly that works.

I will also send you more picture to the email

Thanks 😌

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 01:07:32 PM »
A photo of the ID plate located below the handle front bottom helps. If it is still on the machine.
Also photos of the area in question and the front of the machine with the payout schedule clearly visible.
This information will save a lot of time, as to knowing exactly what type of machine we are dealing with.

Very nice machine, haven’t seen too many like it.

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 01:33:37 PM »
Here’s the I’d plate.

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 01:38:15 PM »

Here’s a picture of the payout schedule

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 02:48:31 PM »
These photos are from a similar machine.

The red and blue go into the back of the bell cover.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2020, 02:49:23 PM »
Second photo

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2020, 02:53:41 PM »

I don't have those wires on my machine but where are they connected too? (Pictures would be very helpful )

Thanks 😉

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2020, 03:27:49 PM »
It depends on the machine.
The blue wire is the 6 volts. The red wire completes the circuit through the wiper boards behind the reels.
Wiper boards are wired with a jackpot circuit that coincides with large payouts.
This is typical to most machines of the general era, but your machine may vary.

I would take a good look at the wire bundle. It’s possible that the wires were snipped off
and tucked inside. Check were the wire a loose, not all tied together if possible.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2020, 03:08:41 PM »
below are downsized pics of the game.  Cover needs to be taken off bell to see what is connected to the terminals.  Bell red wire is visible in the pic, blue wire not sure.

on the 831-C, the bell is rung when any of the melon/bottom/center/top jackpot relays are powered.  Those relays are powered by circuits thru reel wiper boards.

second pic is the melon jackpot relay with red wire visible.  The other three jackpot relays are in the top compartment.  Should be wire 10-2 on the plug charts on the schematic.  Wire is unlabeled on my schem, so I marked it on the below schem chunk.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2020, 03:56:27 PM »
bell with the cover off :-)

the wires went under the cover, but were not attached, so not an obvious problem looking at it with the cover on.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 09:38:44 PM by wolftalk »

Offline SPN

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2020, 12:53:44 PM »

Finally the bell works perfect and now the whole neighborhood can hear when I hit the jackpot! 🥳🎰💰

:thank_you:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal