New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 873c need a schematic  (Read 761 times)

Offline prayerny

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • prayerny New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally 873c need a schematic
« on: December 14, 2020, 02:55:30 PM »
I can't post photos due to size requirements.  I have a 873 C, 5 pay lines, 7s and bars.  Can anyone help me?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally 873c need a schematic
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 02:59:32 PM »
Welcome to NLG noobie!

Email your pictures to yourself.

From there you can reduce size to 1000kb and post them here.

No one is going to give you any schematics until you can tell us ...in clear detail....what is wrong with your machine?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 03:02:48 PM »
Welcome to NLG!

Email your pictures to yourself.

From there you can reduce size to 1000kb.

No one is going to give you any schematics until you can tell us ...in clear detail....what is wrong with your machine?

Or you can try this drag and drop jpg file size reducer.

https://tinyjpg.com/

Offline prayerny

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 04:45:38 PM »
I purchased the slot machine not working missing and cut wires.  I have the hopper working and reels working good. Coin switches, coin coil, switch a, b, c, and dsshpot switch working. Counts coins inserted, pays out but the handle is locked. The step up reset is always on.

Offline prayerny

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 04:51:02 PM »
Here is a photo of the top shelf.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 07:52:30 PM »
So the handle release won’t unlatch or does the handle stay down?
The coin relay switch (bottom left of reel mechanism) closes a circuit to the handle release coil after a coin is inserted.

Step up reset coils in some case open a switch at the end of stroke, thus cutting power.
Check for switch contacts that should be open after the reset,  but are still closed.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 08:04:37 AM by DavidLee »

Offline prayerny

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 05:14:39 AM »
Yes the handle stays latched, what is the name of the switch on the hopper are you referring to? Is it the zero switch because that one is closed and the switch below that one is also closed.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 07:51:32 AM »
The coin relay switch stack bottom left of the REEL MECHANISM completes a circuit to the handle release switches.
Note I think I said hopper in the previous post. The coin relay is on the reel mechanism.
Try a light cleaning of all the contacts in the handle release switch stack. See if that makes a difference.
If not, then clean the contacts in the coin relay switch stack.
While doing this, inspect for broken wires, burnt coil wrapper, misalignment or missing parts.

Attachment of a well lit focused photo of the situation helps a lot.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 08:07:28 AM by DavidLee »

Offline prayerny

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 08:18:53 AM »
Thank you will give that a look.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 08:34:05 AM »

I'd have to disagree with that .... look in http://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/

all the paperwork for an 873-C is there.  The bally manuals are in bally_manuals/

if you want to email your highest possible resolution pics to slotpics@cdyn.com, I'll add them to that site as well.  A full front shot of the game including the paytable and as many internal shots as you like give people ammo to copy/draw on them.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 08:52:15 AM »
haha!

Well....I had no clue what was wrong with his machine....he didn't even say....very vague at first.

Could be just a loose wire or bad contact...who knows?...and I thought it was possible he doesn't even need schematics at that point..

Some people we don't know, just come on here and sell whatever they get from us, on ebay.  :talktothehand:

I needed more information.

You'll notice in his Replies, he gave out a lot more information as to what problems he was having and now is getting new life to his machine!  :cool_thumb_up:

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2020, 09:27:16 AM »
well, he did say he needed a schematic :-)

it's probably fair to say that anyone familiar with EM pinball machines can fix an electrical issue with an EM slot just from the schem.  The only trick is figuring out where unlabeled things like the reel mech A-C switches, dashpot switch, payout relay, etc. are.

eventually I'll cobble together a web site that makes that easy.  DavidLee has marked up some pictures in various threads, so they just need to be collected in one place with links.  Can probably do it in a sticky thread on this forum also, with the first post containing links to subsequent posts with pictures of areas of the game with pieces labeled.

one problem tho is sometimes pictures don't show enough of the surrounding area to get context of where in the game the parts are.  e.g. I'd prefer david's pic in post 7 to show the entire side of the reel mech ... the clock/fan in the picture would make it easy for someone to locate that stuff.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 09:32:11 AM »
I totally agree. with you wolf.  :yes:

If you could assemble some of more popular sheets together here on the forum and make them a sticky, we could easily give them or point to noobies where to get paperwork.  :cool_thumb_up:

I,  for one,  had no clue which sheet to give him anyways.... :rotfl:

Offline prayerny

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2020, 09:47:44 AM »
FYI... I am a technician by trade and the schematics that you have dont look like what I have.  So I thought I could seek help here.  I only have a 4th and 5th jackpot relays, so I thought maybe parts were missing. I will send you pics soon. Thanks for the chuckle

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal