New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT slot question serial #1340008 - SETTINGS FOR S2000  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Star3825

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Star3825 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT slot question serial #1340008 - SETTINGS FOR S2000
« on: April 02, 2021, 08:57:36 AM »
 Hello, new to this site… I recently purchased an IG TV double diamond slot machine that has the coin mechanisms in it. The previous owner had it set up to print out tickets, this machine is in my home game room and I want it to be able to except and pay out quarters, it also has the dollar bill acceptor. Any help in guidance would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Jack
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 02:19:23 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 267
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT slot question serial #1340008
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 09:03:39 AM »
Please post a photo of your machine so we know what it is. Likely not an IGT M.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Star3825

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 09:11:12 AM »
Not sure how to post a picture to this site
I could send as a text or Facebook messenger
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 09:34:29 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 09:33:43 AM »
Press REPLY. Click the green "Attachments and other options" button below on the left side of the box. Then just add the photo from your computer or phone. If the photo is too big, just E mail it to yourself. Your phone should give you the option to reduce the size.
Facebook or off-site image hosting links aren't recommended as they always disappear over time.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Star3825

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 10:54:51 AM »
Here it is
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 07:46:25 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 02:05:00 PM »
You have an IGT S2000

Subject moved to IGT S2000 and Vision games.
Removed three duplicate images.
~moderator
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 07:48:17 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline DB26

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: IGT slot question serial #1340008 - SETTINGS FOR S2000
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 02:40:32 PM »
This might help. Here are the instructions I used to set my S2000 up. They are from the NLG user Foster.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=18423.0

Here is an excerpt from Foster’s archived post:

Enable Key Config Menu - you cant change some things without a clear chip (you might want to get one when you get the key chip just in case - you will use it as a last resort always)

Still with power off

There a big metal box with a metal tray in it on the left wall of the machine there is a handle on it.
pull out on the handle that is the MPU
Locate the base chip use the size of key chip to help you locate it.
Look closely at the key chip and the base chip, you will see  a notch on one end of the chip, key chip must go in the same way.
Remove the base chip very carefully (use a chip puller if you have one) other wise use small screwdriver alternately at each end until the chip comes out work slowly and gently.
install key chip slowly but firmly (make sure you do not bend any pins and and align it properly.
Place the mpu in the machine.
Turn Power On (Do Not Close the Door at all)
Watch for 2 Amber/Yellow LED's then Power off the machine
Remove MPU
Remove Key Chip carefully and put it back in what it came out of black foam or tube
Install Base Chip carefully
Install MPU
Power On keep door open until we get done in key menu
The machine if you did things right will show [7 KEY CONFIG MENU]
Now this is why I wanted you play around n the menus
Also I am guessing you have a printer if you do you might want to decide if it should stay enabled)
Change the machine from Coinless to Coin
Press the Spin button - display should be "7.1 Key Config" - machine likes to capitalize almost everything.
Press the Cash Out button once (it might he the Bet One - but you will get the idea)
Display changes to "7.2 Key Config 2 (2 could be II as well doing this from memory)
Press Spinnow it should change to 7.2.1 validation
press the cash out until you see 7.2.n Coinless
Press Spin Coinless : Enabled should be showing on the machine.press which ever button is lit up (Change or Cash out it should change to Coinless : Disabled
IF you decide to disable the printer it should be in the 7.2.n menus (could under 7.2.1 I) do the same to disable it.
Press the Max bet a few times (one press at time watching what menu shows)
Stop when 7.2 Key Config 2 is displayed
Set the Coin denomination:
From the 7.2 Key Config 2 press the Change Button 7.1 Key Config should be displayed
Press Spin7.1.1 Denomination is displayed.
Press Spin7.1.1.1 Accounting Denomination is displayed
Press Spin - this is one item that can not be changed without using a clear chip first - if it is $0.01 no need to worry about it - if it is not $0.01 post back about it here.
Press Max Bet
Using the Change or Cash out navigate to the Coin Denomination and enter it with Spin use the change and cash out to pick your desired denomination and exit with the max bet just up one menu
Navigate to Player denom and set it to match your coin denomination that you chose in the previous step
Before you exit the Key menu completely double check the denom setting and coinless mode is disabled.if all are set press max bet until the machine exits all menus
-Robert

Offline Star3825

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 03:03:40 PM »
Wow...that’s a ton of information and lots of potential mistakes to make along the way

Offline DB26

• DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2021, 03:13:37 PM »
It looks more intimidating than it really is. Just always remember to turn the machines power OFF before you unplug or remove anything. Read through the entire link I sent. It talks about a lot more than what I posted. If you’re machine already has a hopper and coin comparator than the hardest parts are over. The key chip you need is based on what MPU you have in the machine. You should power off the machine and post a picture of what that looks like for us to determine what chips you need to change the settings. Definitely play around in the menus to get a feel for what each button does. Trying adjusting the volume, that’s an easy way to get familiar with the menus.
-Robert

Offline DB26

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2021, 03:17:50 PM »
The buttons can be described as follows:

Spin - steps down a level or option or resets an option to it previous value.
Max Bet - goes up a level or exits that level and saves changes made
Change, Cash Out, Bet One are the cursor keys and change an option

Here are some good instructions from user Bettor Slots on how to adjust the volume:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=4529.0

Open Door.

Press the white / creme colored test button one time on the board.
Close door partially without actually closing it so that you can comfortably see the LED disply on the door.
Press the Cash Out button 2 times.
Press Spin Reels 1 time.
Press Cash Out button 1 time.
Press Spin Reels 2 times.
Toggle the volume setting up and down by pressing the "Change/Service" button and the "Cash Out" button.
When you are satisfied press Bet Max button to confirm your decision.
Close the door
-Robert

Offline Star3825

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2021, 04:01:16 PM »
 I took the tray out but wasn’t sure which Chip it was so I didn’t mess with it. Here’s another question though, when you put quarters in it it registers a credit however the quarters are not going into the hopper they’re going into a shoot into a little hole in the bottom of the machine so even if I did get it to pay out quarters there would be no quarters in the hopper

Offline DB26

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 04:12:23 PM »
Don’t pull any chips just yet. Just get a photo of the entire board for all of us to see. Remember keep the power off when you remove anything.

My machine did this same thing when I hooked up my hopper. It could be a few things. First, check and see if your coin comparator diverter is stuck. It’s the plastic piece that send your coin either to the hopper or to the hole under the machine. It’s in the red circle in my photo.

Second, see if your hopper might be reading full. If the machine thinks the hopper is full it will divert the coins to the bottom. See if the top coin probe might be grounding out and making the machine think it’s full. I have included a photo of my hoppers probe and wiring.
-Robert

Offline Star3825

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2021, 04:25:31 PM »
Thank you , this is great info
I can Work on my pinball machines but this thing is somewhat scary

Offline Star3825

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2021, 04:29:56 PM »
How can I actually check to see if the coin diverter thing is stuck?

Offline Star3825

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2021, 04:33:28 PM »
Also, is there supposed to be a quarter behind the mechanism that says “ Slide to 🔜replace coin ?

Offline DB26

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2021, 04:50:01 PM »
Also, is there supposed to be a quarter behind the mechanism that says “ Slide to 🔜replace coin ?

Yes, whatever the machine is setup for. So if it’s setup for quarters then there should be a quarter placed there.
How can I actually check to see if the coin diverter thing is stuck?

I would power the machine off and try to move it with your fingers. If it moves freely, it should be okay.

A quick way to remedy this problem (If it is not stuck) is to (With the power OFF) disconnect the wires in the photo below. This will permanently disable the machine from diverting to the coin drop. They are located behind the coin comparator. You can access them behind the belly glass door.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 05:15:21 PM by shortrackskater »
-Robert

Offline Star3825

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2021, 05:26:55 PM »
Should the coil be pulled or out ? Also, it was a bit warm to the touch, but that may be normal. Looking closely at the mechanism, I can’t really see at what point it deflects the coin. Here a couple pictures

Offline DB26

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2021, 05:53:58 PM »
I think it’s normally out and only pulled in when it’s energized. (meaning the machine things the hopper is full) It being hot makes me believe it’s energized, and if that’s so then it’s probably deflecting the coin away from the hopper. Turn the machine off, disconnect the coil and then it back on. See if your coin goes into the hopper then.
-Robert

Offline nglayton

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • nglayton New User has no influence.
  • I have too many hobbies......
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2021, 07:41:34 AM »
I took the tray out but wasn’t sure which Chip it was so I didn’t mess with it. Here’s another question though, when you put quarters in it it registers a credit however the quarters are not going into the hopper they’re going into a shoot into a little hole in the bottom of the machine so even if I did get it to pay out quarters there would be no quarters in the hopper

I think it will also divert the quarters to the hole in the cabinet if the Hopper limit is set to ZERO.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 02:40:09 PM by nglayton »

Offline DB26

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2021, 09:34:10 AM »
That’s a good point. Before you do too much troubleshooting check to make sure your limits are set in the settings. Here is a thread that helped me out with this:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=10394.0

And here is quote from user Jim from another old thread:

Your hopper limit is currently set to zero.  You need to cash out and clear all credits from the machine.  Open the door, press the white test button on the MPU to enter the menu on the LED.  Work your way through the menu to Options, then to Limits, and then to Hopper.  Increase the value of the hopper limit to the highest amount that you want to spit out the hopper.  Any cash outs higher than the amount you set will go to hand pay.[/size]Jim
-Robert

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal