New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Changing SG Chips  (Read 4371 times)

Offline xcopy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • xcopy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Changing SG Chips
« on: September 04, 2014, 10:21:52 AM »
Here is the much awaited question 2, thanks to all who responded to my first question. Now I no longer fell like a newbie
Here we go.
My current menu seems to be missing a few options such as 3.2.6.4 reel spin option, 3.2.5 rollup sounds, 3.1.10 sub menu 3.1.10.1 Data Entry and maybe a few others I can’t think of off the top of my head.
According to a PSR  I found for SG000363’s it looks like these are available options
I currently have stepper GME SG000312’s installed and no PSR to compare to.
Question 1:  Do the menu options depend on the SG chips, if  363’s were installed would I have access to these other menus or does it depend on the SB chip or possibly both?
Question 2: When changing out the SG’s is a clear required?  I would just stick in the 363’s but I’m thinking a clear may be needed and since I don’t have one I’d rather not mess anything up!
Thank you.   

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Changing SG Chips
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 01:37:34 PM »
I only do a clear when all else fails. I change chips all the time. Usually just a few turns of the key and push the button. Presto, just like magic. I do not know your other answers.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 07:03:20 PM »
Certain options are only available in certain SB Chips.  What game theme do you have, I can't seem to find what an SB10028 is.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline coorslight115

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • coorslight115 Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 07:24:26 PM »
A few questions...Do you have an enhanced board or a standard 502, 503, 504? Do you have a multimedia lite board with sound simm installed , if so what simm number.

Offline xcopy

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 07:36:29 PM »
The stepper base is SB100288 super mag 7.  Only marking visible on the board is model:1952-2, and there is a DSV00076 SIMM  installed.
Thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 07:46:52 PM »
Does the machine have the legacy spin sounds and credit rollups? Or does it have it's own?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline coorslight115

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • coorslight115 Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
    • tim@jjslots.com
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 07:50:16 PM »
The SB100288 is a 3 reel plus bonus reel 4 coin chip. The DSV000076 is correct. I am not sure this game will run on a 363 chip set correctly. Do you have a 3 reel with a bonus reel setup? before we go any further?

Offline xcopy

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 08:40:20 PM »
Rickhunter, I'm not exactly sure it may have its own sound not many sound options available in the menus
Coorslight115, yes it is a 3 reel with bonus reel.  In the Program Summary Report for S2000 Slot Version SG000363 I found it has Type 78 (Super Mag 7, Classic 7s)   listed under  STEPPER SLOT GAME TYPES  and goes on to list menus I'm not seeing, so I was thinking installing the 363 may open those up ?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 05:53:07 AM »
A couple of things.  There are 2 different versions of Mag 7's.  One is just a 3 reel with a 4th coin bonus, where the 7's pay in any position, not just lined up.  Then there's the mag 7 you have which is the 3 + 1.

Does your reel spinning sounds have the melody shown in this video.  This is what we mean when we say legacy sounds.  It may sound a bit different, but it has the same melody.  Changing the SG chips would not show you the options regarding roll up sounds and spin sounds.  The SB Chips control everything regarding those options.  Since it is a 3+1 and you have the right sound simm, you are most likely getting the sounds meant for this theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URWkHVL1FZ4

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 01:25:24 PM »
I had a Super Mag once with a 504 board,  SG363, DSV00076. Everything worked great. There are no enhanced reel spin sounds, only legacy. Enhanced sounds only come into play on a bonus spin. Also if the SIMM was removed, there was no sound at all.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline xcopy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 08:10:42 PM »
I guess just wishful thinking after going into the MMLB Sound File Test and seeing a bunch of sounds I haven't heard and thinking maybe they could be accessed through enhanced.  Maybe they will all come screaming out when I hit the Jackpot.. Ill just save the 363's for my next machine since I haven't had any issues with the 312's.  Thanks again for all the help!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal