New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 select denomination  (Read 2274 times)

Offline henrydwh

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • henrydwh New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 select denomination
« on: December 10, 2021, 04:47:08 PM »
First off  :thank_you: :thank_you: to everyone that helped me get my machine up and running!  And  :thank_you: to Jim at Midwest Slots for all the parts and advice, couldn't have done it without your help!!!

Now, my S2000 Five Times machine has a "select denomination" button and it's not working and I have browsed the the settings but I am either missing the particular setting or there another way to do this that I am missing?  Is it worth having it? I kind of like to have all the options working, but it plays just fine now!

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 09:05:46 PM by henrydwh »

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 select denomination
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 05:32:47 PM »
You have to set that up while in the key chip menu. What Version & SG chips are you using?
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline henrydwh

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 07:40:10 PM »
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a SG chip? Is this an additional chip for programming or the stepper chips on the board?

Online RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 07:55:03 PM »
VS009SX0 is a single denom version chip. Your SG000362s are ok. You will need VS011GX1 or jurisdiction equivalent to set up multi denom. If it was mine I would be replacing all of those chips. You can use a regular SB chip for 5X Pay Deluxe instead of SB001000 and SS chip.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 07:59:15 PM »
It's the (S)tepper (G)ame EPROMS.  The operating system for the machine. Your 362's have some issues.  I'd get 363's.   You have a SB001000 base chip and a S+ SS8257 reel chip (90% payback).  I'd replace them with SB100180 which is the S2000 Base chip for 5x Pay Deluxe.  Then you can select the payback in the menus with that up to 98%.  Your version (VS) chip doesn't support multi-denomination. 

You'll also need a Key and Clear chips to change the denomination setup. 

So basically what I'm recommending is replacing all your game EPROMs with newer/more capable ones.  RB can fix you up with a set.

ETA: RB beat me by a few minutes.

Offline henrydwh

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2021, 08:59:07 PM »
Ok, Thanks for the info! So what am I looking at as far as cost? This is my first slot I am learning as I go! Also I have been reading that you can change the machine by buying a kit ( Top box and belly glass new reel strips and chips) is this something that I would be able to do? say a Double Wild Cherry or a Double or Triple Diamond setup? Also been reading on the TITO setup, interested in that as well! To be honest I will not be doing anything else to this machine this year, just got it working and got several party's coming  up and would like to have the machine working as is now and jump back on it after the first of the year! But I am definitely putting a plan of attack together! 

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2021, 09:11:33 PM »
I'm sure RB will get with you on the chip costs. 

Yes, you can change the theme by changing the glass, reels strips, and game software.  Some game themes have their own custom reel glass, others generic and use mostly blue or black reel glass.  There's short and long reel glass for the S2000.  If the credit display and ticket printer is to the right of the 3rd reel it's a short reel glass.  If the ticket printer is in the topbox and the credit display is below the reels it will have a long glass. 

You'll have a half dozen of these machines before you know it!

Offline henrydwh

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2021, 09:34:15 PM »

You'll have a half dozen of these machines before you know it!

My wife has already put her foot down, no more machines!  :lol: I have 2 pinball machines a cocktail arcade MAME machine and my just purchased PE+ poker machine and now my S2000 slot machine!  That's why I am interested in changing themes , I am actually running out of space in my basement!  :hissyfit:

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2021, 09:37:03 PM »
 :24:  One member here posted pictures of slot machines he had in the kitchen some time ago.  Not sure how he got away with that one.  There's always room for one more though  :arrowthruhead: :propeller:

Offline henrydwh

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2021, 09:55:34 PM »
Hell, I would put one in the bathroom if I had a say! Who needs reading material! :24:

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2021, 10:30:14 PM »
Why didn't I think of that? :duh:  :24:

Offline henrydwh

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2021, 03:43:33 PM »
It's the (S)tepper (G)ame EPROMS.  The operating system for the machine. Your 362's have some issues.  I'd get 363's.   You have a SB001000 base chip and a S+ SS8257 reel chip (90% payback).  I'd replace them with SB100180 which is the S2000 Base chip for 5x Pay Deluxe.  Then you can select the payback in the menus with that up to 98%.  Your version (VS) chip doesn't support multi-denomination. 

So basically what I'm recommending is replacing all your game EPROMs with newer/more capable ones.  RB can fix you up with a set.

When you say my 362's have some issues, what does that mean? The reason I ask is last night while I had people over for the Thursday night game, while idle I heard the machine reset, like power the power flickered and I went over and look at the machine and it had a printer commutation error, this happened a couple times. Then I had a friend playing it and it went into a general reel tilt. I cleared that and it played fine the rest of the night, any ideas???????

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2021, 04:22:04 PM »
It just means that the version is known to have issues with certain hardware combinations, 363's seem to be more trouble fee.  The other problems you are describing sounds like a loose or a marginal power supply.  The power supply in the s2000's is behind the reels.  Make sure it is not loose.  If the game continues to behave as you describe, remove the power supply and inspect the connector for burned pins.  If it looks ok, then re-install and see if the problems presists, if they do, you should probably try another power supply (good to get a spare anyway while parts are still cheap and easy to find since the S2000's have been discontinued for quite a while now and the parts will eventually dry up).
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline henrydwh

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2021, 04:38:45 PM »
I will checkout the power supply right now.

Offline henrydwh

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2021, 08:43:47 PM »
I checked out the power supply, everything looked good. I found the power supply where the A/C comes in from the cord was not tightened down to the case, so I fixed that. I actually pulled it out of the machine a blew out all the dust and found a bent pin where the case light connects, fixed that, repaired the cut wires in the circuit and got my case light working.  Had it on for over an hour and played it several times and had no errors, so I will keep an eye on it, but hopefully I corrected the issue.   

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2021, 10:25:07 AM »

I know 363s have issues on enhanced boards and 5 reels i have never heard of 362s having issues what issues do they have. I run 598 in almost everything I build.

Online Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2021, 04:27:51 PM »
The one that trips up a lot of people up is getting stuck in the IPC/WAMM selection after a clear. 

Offline henrydwh

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2021, 07:04:21 PM »
Can anyone tell what this plug is for? I am thinking I am missing a led strip where you insert your bills in the validation.It seems very dark!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2021, 07:56:15 PM »
That plug needs plugged into the board above the bill slot to light up the yellow insert bills sign.  That's way it's dark it's not plugged in.

Offline henrydwh

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2021, 08:06:42 PM »
That plug needs plugged into the board above the bill slot to light up the yellow insert bills sign.  That's way it's dark it's not plugged in.
I think I am missing the part that it plugs into.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal