New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Triple Stars Rebuild  (Read 883 times)

Offline JakeMyer

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • JakeMyer New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • N/A
S2000 Triple Stars Rebuild
« on: April 05, 2023, 06:06:25 PM »
I am Currently building my first S2000 That has been Striped out "I have 2 of the same machine". These are technically my first 2 slot machines to ever work on so im REEEALLLY in the dark on what is missing from the inside of these machines. I need to know what MPU Board and Game Chips I need to purchase to get these machines running and if you see anything else that is missing that you might want to comment on.

Also if anyone knows of a parts list that is inside of a S2000 that I can refer to for missing parts.
-Thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: S2000 Triple Stars Rebuild
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 09:54:42 PM »
You have an enhanced backplane.  So you need source an MPU cage and a 1270 mpu (also known as an enhanced S2000 stepper mpu).  You need to post pictures of the door as well.  You have the correct I/O card dangling that should be attached to the mpu cage if you had one.  The door also needs to have another I/O card as well as various electronics to drive the VFD display and the led digit display.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline JakeMyer

• NLG
    • N/A
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 10:14:58 PM »
Yes it seems like the MPU Cage is pretty hard to get your hands on huh ? Here is a picture of the door let me know if this helps .

Offline JakeMyer

• NLG
    • N/A
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 10:46:12 PM »
Would this be the correct MPU ?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 10:56:21 PM »
yes  :yes:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023, 12:20:30 PM »
The door looks to be complete from what I can see.  You will just need to source the mpu cage now.  I'm pretty sure you can find one (they should be the same for any type of mpu type as I have converted my s2000 to an enhanced mpu a while back).  Many of these machines have been parted out, so finding a cage should not be that difficult.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline JakeMyer

• NLG
    • N/A
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2023, 11:09:30 PM »
Thank you everyone for so much help . So I managed to get the board , game software , clear chip and key chips headed my way . I also found a cage for the CPU.

Now on to my next  question . Does anyone know what I need to complete this bill validator ? I believe it is the interface but I don’t know which one to get . Thank you so much for everyone’s time and help .

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2023, 05:37:54 AM »
You'll know why yours is missing when you see how much they're charging for those EBDS's.
I don't know if yours uses one or two switches.
Look at this link below from Patriot Gaming...>>>

https://patriotgaming.com/bill-validators/mei-cashflow-interface-pcb-board.html

Here's another link at WSPS for more interfaces...>>>

https://wspsvegas.com/product-category/mei/interface_boards/

Hopefully a member here might have a spare one for you.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline JakeMyer

• NLG
    • N/A
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2023, 05:43:52 AM »
Lol great ! Does MEI have a cheaper unit that is a more cost effective route ? Or is this the only way to go ?
Also where can I look to see if it is 2 or 1 switch ? Thank you for your help .

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2023, 08:17:37 AM »
I don't even see an interface card in your picture. If it's missing that's why it won't work. You can see the switches from underneath it when you remove the stacker.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2023, 08:35:52 AM »
Does MEI have a cheaper unit that is a more cost effective route ?
No.1...The company that makes these (MEI), will NOT sell one to you.  :no:
No.2...There's none for sale on ebay, or amazon at the moment.  :sherlock:
I don't know if the places I've linked you above will sell one to you, even at their exorbitant prices.  :money: :money: :money:

Your best bet is to place a WTB ad for one in the Classifieds section of NLG, and hope someone has an extra one to sell to you.  :yes:

Have you tried asking JIM of Midwest Slots?
He may have one for sale?
Sells lotta parts for machines.
He's on the NLG homepage in the member vendor list.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2023, 08:51:57 AM »
one vs two switches doesn't make a difference for home use as far as i know.  I have both types on my IGT machines and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Validators are crazy expensive right now because there are component shortages so everybody is buying up the older validators to fix the current machines.  Even the old WBA validators are selling for 2 or 3 times what they were selling just last year.  You could bypass fixing the validator and just setup tito to give credits as a way to put money into the machines if you don't want to pay for the price of the interface board (that doesn't even guarantee that your MEI head is working).

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal