New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: How to get backlight reel lights working?  (Read 5360 times)

Offline jakah440

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • jakah440 New User barely matters.jakah440 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: How to get backlight reel lights working?
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2023, 03:42:38 PM »
there is one inside but it is for the whole supply not just one of the voltages it puts out.

Offline jonbbrew

• Reputation Power: 34
  • jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2023, 04:06:22 PM »
there is one inside but it is for the whole supply not just one of the voltages it puts out.
Yeah reseated no change. Tested wire harness and it’s good too. So power supply it is I guess. Is that the only part that gets the 13v is the backlit reels? Weird how just that one part would go bad. But maybe it happens.
How about throwing me some positive KARMA love by clicking on the left!

Offline jonbbrew

• jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.jonbbrew Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2023, 05:02:34 PM »

Well, thank you everyone on the solution was I needed a new power supply as the 13 V side was not working correctly. Now I have to just find the correct strips that are actually back lit compatible.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2023, 07:12:05 PM »
Hello again,

I will also start a new post if no one replies here....But i am working on another S2000 where its backlits do not work. Not sure what the heck is going on and both of the S2000 i picked up have issues that include backligting....Either case, at least this one has BL Strips, so i really want to make it work. I checked the power supply as that was the issue on my other one that started this thread, and it is fine right up to the BL board. I do have another board i purchased but i noticed that this machine only has 3 connections not 4 like my other one.

1. Is that normal?
2. If not would that mean i have a harness missing or an incorrect one at least?
3. Can someone tell me what that connection is for and its route?

The plug is a 10 pin (5 on each row) that does not have a connection. Again, my other machine has that 10 pin connector and although its hard to trace it appears its going back to the MPU or backplane board (if that's the proper terminology).

Any help appreciated.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2023, 07:13:42 AM »
The 10 pin is not used on a 3 reel machine. The problem is likely your SB chip. Use SB100050. It has support for backlit reels.
SB100001 does not.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2023, 07:18:34 AM »
The 10 pin is not used on a 3 reel machine. The problem is likely your SB chip. Use SB100050. It has support for backlit reels.
SB100001 does not.
hmmm. Can you show me where the info is found so I can learn more? Is that chip you’re suggesting just a newer cigar game? 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 07:56:57 AM by jonbbrew »

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2023, 07:30:15 AM »
SB100001 does not.
hmmm. Can you show me where tfst I found so I can learn more? Is that chip you’re suggesting just a newer cigar game?

I don't know what tfst means. 100050 is Double Five Times Pay. Cigar is a clone.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline jonbbrew

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2023, 07:57:17 AM »

Typo. Corrected.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 02:30:53 PM by jonbbrew »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2023, 08:05:18 AM »
jonbrew,
You  can find your chips on this link...>>>

http://newlifegames.net/igt-game-bible/IGT/IGT-SpinningReel-S2K.htm
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal