New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: How do I add a Topper to a Vision Game  (Read 2626 times)

Offline gunner

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • gunner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
How do I add a Topper to a Vision Game
« on: July 11, 2023, 07:35:50 PM »
I’ve searched the forum but couldn’t find a conclusive answer for a vision series game. I recently purchased an oval topper to install on my Munsters Vision. The topper has two connectors, one for the tower light (candle) and the other is for the LEDs and light in the topper. The tower light is pretty straight forward, but not sure how best to hook up the other 4 wire connector. My understanding is that the LEDs need 12v and the topper light needs 24v. I can’t figure out if I can tap into the game for power or if I need to purchase a separate power supply for the 12 and 24 volts. Any help is appreciated.

Offline dailey

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: How do I add a Topper to a Vision Game
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023, 11:33:10 PM »
I would think a vision series would be the same as an S2000. The game has the 12 & 24 volts needed. The 4-pin connector is supposed to plug into the power distribution board. Look in the top box to see if you have one there. If you have no distribution board in the top box, you can add one.

Offline gunner

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 04:47:30 AM »
Thanks. That’s was my thought after reading some older posts. But, I’ve looked for a power distribution board like that and it’s not there. If I add one…how do I power it? I’m guessing I would need some type of harness as well? Do you have any details? Thanks in advance.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 05:29:09 AM »
I have made a harness to install one in a vision top box before but it has been a while. Post a picture if the connectors available in the lower right side of the top box. I have the dist boards also. If you do not have the stand offs to screw it to, you can velcro it to the back. If you have an open 10 pin female connector, it will be a breeze.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline gunner

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2023, 09:24:38 AM »
Will do. Thanks!

Offline gunner

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2023, 09:58:51 AM »
The first picture is the right side of the top cabinet and the second picture is the bottom of the right side behind the speaker.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2023, 10:57:30 AM »
Well crap. You have nothing there but 12vac. How about the left side rear?

Offline gunner

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2023, 11:53:49 AM »
This is the left.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2023, 05:44:01 PM »
I just don't see any open 12/24v sources there. You have 24 going to the fluorescent ballasts and fan. You may have an extra connector for that in the top box. It would be nice to find the 12v in the same connector but you can find it elsewhere even if it's in the main cabinet. I seriously doubt that vision has a connector for a backlight controller. If it did, we could use that. 24v+ orange, - blk/orange. 12v+ red, -blk/red.

Offline gunner

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2023, 06:13:20 PM »
The ballast and fan are 24v.

Offline gunner

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2023, 06:16:18 PM »
I was thinking I could get the 24v there but not sure where to find the 12v dc. Do you know where I can find a schematic for a vision series game? I have manuals but no schematics are included.

Offline dailey

• dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2023, 08:31:38 PM »
Personally, I would consider installing a power distribution board and extend the wire harness all the way down to the mother board. The top box power distribution board in my machine (S2000) gets its 12 & 24 vdc power from Netplex connector J2 on the mother board. Any unused Netplex outlet on the mother board will work (J2, J3, J14).

You can make a harness. It needs a 10-pin connector on one end to plug into the mother board. The other end will be a 4-pin straight connector for the power distribution board input.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 08:52:03 PM by dailey »

Offline gunner

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2023, 08:43:21 PM »
Thank you. I agree. I ordered a power distribution board yesterday, but want sure where to tie in.

Offline dailey

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2023, 08:54:26 PM »
I just attached the schematic for the power dist board to the previous post.

Offline gunner

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2023, 04:42:58 AM »
Thank you!

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.ChrisColumbus New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2023, 08:34:46 AM »
I also have a vision that I had to rob power from netplex to use for the distribution board. See pictures. The nextplex from the topbox will plug into the power distribution board on one of the 4 netplex connectors. Then make a harness (pigtail) from another netplex port to power the 12/24 v feeds to the distribution board. It was very simple. I did not have a 4 pin connector just an 8 pin so i shaved off the bottom row to connet to the 4 pin power feed on the distribution board. Then your monitor netplex will have to plug back into one of the unused ports on the distribution board (as you can see on the bottom netplex connector). I believe I had to make another harness. It's been since 2008 so I  cant remember, unless you have another one laying around. Hope that helps! I have a "vision ready" machine that was before the s2000 vision. It has the ears internally, so It did not come with the distribution board or a place to hang it. Velcro and gorilla tape seems to work. Just put something behind it so it doesn't hit the metal solder on the back and short out. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 09:11:52 AM by ChrisColumbus »

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2023, 09:50:28 AM »
Here is how to make the pigtail

10 pin netplex pins                          4 pin power input

10  9  8  7  6                                   1 2 3 4
5   4  3  2   1

10 pin                   4 pin
pin 1    goes to      pin 1
pin 2    goes to      pin 2
pin 6    goes to      pin 3
pin 7    goes to      pin 4

Offline gunner

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2023, 05:21:39 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help! I installed a power distribution board and made up a few harnesses as advised. My topper works perfectly!

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2023, 05:35:56 PM »
Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Offline ChrisColumbus

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2023, 06:10:52 AM »
Nice topper. It looks brand new!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal