New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Triple 7 red hot " Displays netplex link is down " Not sure what to try next  (Read 2587 times)

Offline Bit67

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Bit67 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
 Hello this is my first post and my first time dealing with a slot machine.

So here is where I'm at, the slot lights up display passes test, then shows the NETPLEX link down message, nothing else no reel spin ect.... The very little I know about this slot is it recently hit a jackpot. It was given to me and I did not try it out prior to moving it. I have re-seated all the connectors, ribbon cables and plug in boards. The coin battery was low and has been replaced.

From what I have read so far this slot only has 2 netplex devices the VFD and bill acceptor. I have disconnected the bill acceptor and there is no change.

I opened up the power supply behind the reels and there is no obvious damage.

I'm not sure of the exact terminology. The " backplane " board has a red led. It is not lit. Also the power in box behind the coin chute has a red led and it also is not lit. I circled them in the picture.

quick update: I turned it on and it is cycling the power and lights. I forgot it did this once before but after cycling power several times it then did the above with the netplex message.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 03:02:33 PM by Bit67 »

Offline lookes

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
Let it sit for 2 minutes at 'Netplex Down' and see if it says 'nO dISP' on the LED display. The three LEDS on the MPU tells me it's trying to boot.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
I was thinking power supply. If you have a good one, it's worth a try swapping it out.

Offline Bit67

• NLG
 Well a few days ago I did allow it to sit powered up and  there was no change in status.

Currently it will not power up, it just blinks the lights repeatedly with the power switch on. 

Is the assumption of a bad power supply correct?
If so I do not have a spare. Will i have to worry about getting an exact replacement? Reputable sources for a replacement?
Thank you in advance.

Offline lookes

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
That sounds like a power supply problem. Just in case, unplug the low voltage connector on the fluorescent ballasts.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I would try this...it takes less than 5 minutes to do?...>>>

Pull the machine's power cord out of the wall socket.
Open the door and slide out all the reels from the reel shelf, and place aside...in the order you removed them.

Now reach in there with both hands, put your left hand on the left hand side of power supply box.
Put your right hand on power supply harness connector Molex on the right hand side where all the blue and brown wires are going into.
Push/wiggle everything together with both hands to make sure all the Molex pins are in full contact on the power supply connectors.

Slide back in all the reels onto the reel shelf.
Plug back in the machine's power cord into the wall outlet.
Turn on the power switch.

If this doesn't work, send the PS in to Lookes.
He knows how to repair them.
Or place a WTB ad in the Classifieds section of NLG.
Perhaps a member vendor will spot your ad, and have one to sell to you.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Bit67

• NLG
update: I have diagnosed the power cycling to be related to the bill accept head. If I reinsert it the power comes on and I'm back to the original issue with netplex down message, which stays there no matter how long the slot is plugged in.

Next I plan on checking voltages and trying to isolate the problem. I have unplugged the wires to the bill accept device and there is no change.

Offline dailey

• Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
I suggest you read the article in Slot Tech Magazine about NETPLEX Link Down.   June-2015 issue, Page-4

https://web.archive.org/web/20191028195210/https://slot-techs.com/magazine/backissues.htm

Offline Bit67

• NLG
Update:

I have replaced all the electrolytic caps on the power supply and after playing with the voltage adjustment pot, the slot powers up and works. Woohoo

So now I noticed the payout lines seem to work correct straight across and diagonal on the 3 lines, but the other payout lines are not matching up correct when it pays out. I’m not sure were to start with this issue.

The reels are installed with labels 1 2 3 left to right. I am also getting a Reel 2 Tilt on occasion.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Hard to tell but looks like reel 2 strip belongs on reel 3.  Try swapping the reels or strips. Make sure reel 2 is pushed in all the way.

Offline Bit67

• NLG
 I'm not much of a gambler, but correct me if I'm wrong. It looks like the slot is paying out reversed when it comes to lines 6 - 9.

Is there information regarding which reel tape part # belongs in this slot and where it goes? Also, newbie here, do I need to check the rom, or whatever chip should be installed in the game?

Thanks so far with all the help.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Once again, reel 2 needs moved to reel 3.  Notice that reel 2 has less symbols than the others, it should be reel 3 that has less symbols.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
...The reels are installed with labels 1 2 3 left to right. I am also getting a Reel 2 Tilt on occasion...

Basically, two things generally cause reel tilts.
#1). The reel base isn't pushed back far enough to clear the reel glass or display panel behind it.
#2). The reel optics are dirty/dusty and need to be maintained/cleaned.

For your information, the reels are all the same...it's the symbols imprinted upon the strip tapes, that are different.
If you want to see the "1, 2, 3" numbered labels in order on the reel bases, just move the #2 strip tape to the #3 reel basket, and the #3 strip tape to the #2 reel basket.
The strips have notches near the bottom on both sides, that line up with plastic nibs, inside of the reel basket rims.

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Bit67

• NLG
 Ok you were right as far as I can tell. The tape part numbers are sequential from 92036900 ( 1 ), 92037000 ( 3 ), 92037100 ( 2 ).

After taking a good look at the reel tapes I realized # 2 has been replaced.

All payouts are correct in the credit amount. But the 7,8 and 6,9 lines flash a win reversed from what they should.

I can live with this but I would like to figure out why this is.

One more question, is it common to have backlit tapes in a slot without backlit reels?

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
One more question, is it common to have backlit tapes in a slot without backlit reels?

:sherlock: Sounds more like someone may have taken out the backlit reels, and kept them? before you got the machine...which may be the reason the strip tapes are on the wrong reels.  :facepalm:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal