New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: The bell works in test mode but not during a handpay  (Read 4863 times)

Offline Nurbo

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
The bell works in test mode but not during a handpay
« on: August 09, 2023, 11:22:43 AM »
Hello,

On a S2000 with Hundred or Nothing game kit installed, the jackpot bell works if I go in the test section 4.2.2. Bell, but, when I hit the 7 - 7 - 7 : in fact any wins with this game, the bell ring malfunction...

The DSV sound look like a copy, do you think it can be the problem ?

I'll try to make a video.

Thanks.

IGT S2000 - Super Spin Sizzling 7
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: The bell works in test mode but not during a handpay
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 11:46:19 AM »
Shouldn't have anything to do with the sound simm. Is it turned on? Most people turn it off or remove it. There are 3 settings:

1.  Off
2.  Mechanical Bell on All Pays
3.  Mechanical Bell on Handpays Only

Offline Nurbo

• Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 12:32:42 PM »
The mechanical bell setting is : Mechanical Bell on All Pays

I thinking that it could be the SIMM because the settings are into the "sound" menu.

Vids 1 Mechanical bell in test mode : https://youtu.be/9UQHUkKRIAc

Vids 2 Mechanical bell during a pay: https://youtu.be/oMpA8JXlc_0

During a pay we can heard : ding......ding.....ding ding ding....ding....ding....instead a : RRriiiinnnnnngggggg   :Scratch-Head:
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 12:53:32 PM »
Well the sound simm is working fine.  :rotfl:

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2023, 10:29:50 PM »
Don’t think hundred or nothing supports a jackpot bell

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2023, 10:56:35 PM »
Do you think it's possible?

I searched on youtube but it returned less and less old results in the search. 4 or 5 years ago there was a lot more video on this "Hundred or Nothing" slot, and now I can only find 4 and no bells on a win, but that doesn't mean anything.

Has anyone already installed this game kit ?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2023, 07:37:30 AM »
Watched your vid again and I can hear the bell going off.  It's not as loud as the bell test because the door is closed and the simm is playing.

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2023, 07:51:39 AM »
Watched your vid again and I can hear the bell going off.  It's not as loud as the bell test because the door is closed and the simm is playing.

Would have to check the documentation for the sgchips

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2023, 11:51:43 AM »
Good morning,

Tomorrow I check which SG chip is installed, it seems to me SG363 but to be confirmed.

I will also make a video with the sound muted, to better hear the bell.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2023, 12:38:58 PM »
PSR for SG363 states:

3.2.4 Mechanical Bell Determines when the bell rings. Options are Off, rings for all wins, or rings
for hand pays only.

Offline lookes

• Reputation Power: 27
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2023, 12:43:34 PM »
Try removing the DSV if it is a 1270 board, or the whole mezzanine board if 50X. Maybe it only works with legacy sound.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2023, 12:44:10 PM »
PSR for SG363 states:

3.2.4 Mechanical Bell Determines when the bell rings. Options are Off, rings for all wins, or rings
for hand pays only.
Is 363 compatible with 100 or nothing? 

If the bell is working but too weak to hear outside of the cabinet you may want to try a different cabinet io card.

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2023, 12:46:10 PM »
Try removing the DSV if it is a 1270 board, or the whole mezzanine board if 50X. Maybe it only works with legacy sound.

Sound simm should have no effect on the bell i have ran them In machines with and without a simm.

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2023, 11:19:31 PM »
Hello,

I confirm that I use the 363 SG chip.

This is an another vids with sound setup = 0. I also removed the coin tray to hear the bell better.

I tried the bell again in test mode and it works fine. Nothing interferes with its operation or nothing is in contact with it.

I also removed the coin tray to hear the bell better

https://youtu.be/EfYCob_unNM

This is my only one machine with the bell, but I can test the bell on another machine

Very strange  :Scratch-Head:

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2023, 04:06:48 AM »
Have you looked inside the bell? It's annoying to most people especially for home use. It could have some sound dampening material in it.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2023, 07:09:41 AM »
I'd kill you if you were my neighbor.... :rotfl: :24: :Crazy: :Tongue_Out:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2023, 09:22:30 AM »
HAHAHA, I don't get the triple 7s very often  :dancing_2:

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2023, 09:24:18 AM »
Have you looked inside the bell? It's annoying to most people especially for home use. It could have some sound dampening material in it.

Hello Ron,

Indeed I will still disassemble it to check, but as it works well in test mode, there is no "mechanical" reason for it not to work well in game mode  :cool_thumb_up:

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2023, 09:25:22 AM »
That bell is not ringing properly either its faulty someone tampered with it to make it quiet or your cabinet io card is bad.

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2023, 09:29:39 AM »
Thank you all for trying to find the solution, as a reminder, the bell works fine in test mode, show in vids 1

Vids 1 Mechanical bell in test mode : https://youtu.be/9UQHUkKRIAc

Vids 2 Mechanical bell during a pay: https://youtu.be/EfYCob_unNM

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal