New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Payline light assembly not working  (Read 2516 times)

Offline gunner

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • gunner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Payline light assembly not working
« on: August 17, 2023, 11:01:12 AM »
My payline light assembly isn’t working in my Vision series game. I removed it and bench tested it and all of the light work when 12v is applied to each light, but no lights work when installed in the game. Any thoughts on a fix is appreciated.   :Scratch-Head:

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Payline light assembly not working
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 05:40:07 PM »
Was it working previously?

What SB chip are you using?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline gunner

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2023, 07:37:27 PM »
It wasn’t working when I got the game. My chips are SG000123.

Thanks!

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2023, 04:59:13 AM »
If you've never seen that reel glass display  working, it may of gotten shorted out, or a power surge and died.
Check the connections to it anyways...could be a bad ground wire broken inside or oxidized pins.
People don't realize that it's bad to connect or disconnect electronic boards in a slot machine while the power switch is ON.
There's embedded IC circuits (fuses) near the power entry area that protects the rest of the board.
You may need to place an WTB ad in the Classifieds section of NLG for another multi-line display board.
Hopefully, a member/vendor will spot your ad, and have one to sell to you.

In your photo, I can see that you're using an SB chip SB000414.
The reason why I asked is because some games don't need that reel glass multi-line display...yours however, does have the capability to use it.
That is for the "Munster Match" five credit multiplier, three reel, five line game.
Often we describe that chip this way...>>> SB000414 Munster Match 5CM3R5L
SG000123 GME1&2 pairs requires the ATA10053 file on the PCMCIA device, otherwise known as the CF card that's installed up in the topbox LCD display.
You can check to see if that ATA file is installed or not by going into the machine's accounting pages...it will be in a list of what is installed on the machine.
Do NOT put that card into a Windows-based computer, unless you know what you're doing.
Windows WILL write a 1 byte file to the CF card - rendering it useless.
You would have to know how to remove the file, to correct the disrupted checksum of the program.
We do NOT want to get into THAT right now.

Without any credits on the machine, you could try utilizing display test [4.2.1.3] for that reel glass line display, I've attached a partial section of the SG000123 PSR sheet below...>>>

4.2 Output Tests
This submenu provides access to the output diagnostic test pages and is available from only the Operator
Menu. The output circuit toggles between activated and deactivated when the Spin Reels (Enter) button is
pressed.
4.2.1 Door
Output Test Allows output tests on the player panel buttons located on the main door. The
following buttons are used for navigation and may not appear to respond to
the test: Change (Up), Cash Out (Down), Spin Reels (Enter), and Play Max
Credits (Exit).
4.2.1.1 Standard: This page tests the Change, See Pays, Cashout, Spin Reels,
Play Max Credit and Select Credit Value lamps.

4.2.1.3 Paylines: This page tests the payline lamps. Press the Change and
the Cashout button to select the payline. Press the Play Max Credits button to
turn on the payline lamp and, press the Play Max Credits again to turn off the
lamp.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 07:32:34 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline gunner

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2023, 05:27:52 AM »
Thank you. I’ll give it a try.

Offline gunner

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2023, 08:00:13 AM »
I tried the output test for the Payline lamps and they don’t come on when tested. Since the light board works when I bench test it, I have to assume either I have a wiring issue between the board and the door IO board ( I’m going to check continuity ) or my game doesn’t have the ATA10053 file on the PCMCIA. I went into the Accounting menu but only found a screen in the “Version” submenu that lists the SBchips installed. I’m not seeing anything referencing an “ATA” file. See attached.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2023, 03:18:46 PM »
Oh...the LED lamps on the circuit might be fine...they just don't get any power because someone shorted out some IC on that line before any power gets to them.
Now, I'm almost certain someone connected a harness to it with the power switch ON.

Keep looking for other accounting menu pages....there's another page somewhere that shows what BGM card you have installed in the topbox LCD unit....the ATA file would be listed on that page as well.

Offline gunner

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2023, 03:33:14 PM »
Could there be a shorted out IC on the belly OI board even though everything else that comes from that board works properly?  :Scratch-Head:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 04:02:33 PM by gunner »

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2023, 04:02:30 PM »
It's definitely a possibility. Swap it with a known good one.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline gunner

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2023, 05:48:02 PM »
I checked the wiring harness from the light board to the IO board and all wires have continuity. So, everything looks good from the IO board connection to the lamp board. I also looked through all of the menus and sub menus for any reference to the BGM card installed, but it’s not there.  :banghead:

Offline gunner

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2023, 06:10:58 PM »
Good news! I got it working. It was the light box board all along as @Stayoutadabunker suggested.  I got a new one in today and the replacement worked. I’m stumped because the original board tested fine when bench tested.  :hail:

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2023, 09:34:59 PM »
Oh that's good news Gunner  :yes:
I'm glad it wasn't the CF card needing an ATA file.
Enjoy your game!

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2023, 10:01:19 AM »
there is only a connection and traces on that display, you must have a cold solder joint on either the ground or 12 volt pin or the pin itself is dirty. that's the only thing that makes any sense. did you try the old one and wiggle the connector to see if it is intermittent?,

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline gunner

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2023, 07:06:49 PM »
Jim you are right! I was curious too, so I drilled out the rivets holding the light board to the light box and found a cold solder joint on the back side of the board at the connector. I guess when I was testing the board I put just enough pressure on the pin with the bad solder joint to make a connection and the bulbs would light so the board appeared good. When I connected the board to the game the pin wasn’t making a connection.  :yes:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal