New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB Piggy Bankin 5 Coin Tilt Codes  (Read 6749 times)

Offline formertexan

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • formertexan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: BB Piggy Bankin 5 Coin Tilt Codes
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2023, 04:48:52 AM »
I took all the connections off from my power supply and put them back on again with the game chip in XU3.

This time the FAIL did not light up.  ALL the red lights were lit up except the 3rd one (-12V).

I now have the following code on my screen and I don't know what this means and also what to do next.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 08:18:37 AM by formertexan »

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2023, 05:03:59 AM »
I disconnected all my connections from my power supply and re-connected them.  I turned the machine on with the game chip in XU3 slot and the FAIL light DID NOT light up.  All the red lights were lit up except the 3rd one (-12v). 

I had the following message on my screen.  Picture attatched.  What does this mean and what do I do now?  I turned the machine off and waiting to hear from anyone as to what is going on now.  I might get another FAIL light when I turn the machine on. 

Offline playklax01

• playklax01 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2023, 06:39:26 AM »
The NEW appearing is automatic when you post a reply.  Nothing special needs to be done.

The 'log' message with a '1' in the bet size indicates bad log data.  The resolution calls for another hard clear (change the XU3 chip again). 

You're running into errors I haven't seen in real life before, but they are documented in the owners manual.  Here's a link to it, I think it will help you.

https://manualzz.com/doc/6279328/wms-400-slot-manual

You mentioned earlier about the I/O and/or CPU board being not fully inserted.  That could definitely cause problems which is why I suggested earlier to make sure they're tightly pressed in (but don't go overboard).  You should feel a snug connection and the front should be even (not crooked).  The tabs on the sides should be (just about/are) touching the card cage. 

These games are almost 30 years old, you won't find any new OEM power supply replacements.  Some folks on here may have used working ones available for sale.  The alternative to use a PC power supply is getting hard to do as well, as the type needed is becoming more rare.  That would be the easiest route though.  I actually bought one of the new PC style ones on ebay before (to have a spare) where someone did all the conversion work already.  I don't know if they're still available on there, but worth a look. 

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2023, 01:37:42 PM »
I just put the Williams 25C chip back in XU3 and turned machine on.
I'm now getting what I had earlier, about 2 days ago.  The pictures are in my earlier posts.

JPr   SEt1    6;    0000   0000    6;     JPr    SEt2     6;      0000    0000    6;       40  0     0    25    6;         Stnd      6

What do I do now??????

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2023, 02:54:32 PM »
After the codes I typed on the above message, I took out CPU Board and removed the Williams 25C chip, and put the game chip back in.  When the machine booted up the word "clr" showed up in the credits. I Pushed the (homemade) diagnostic button "once"  and nothing happened.  I pushed it several times and nothing happened.  I closed the door and nothing happened.  I pushed the "diagnostic  button several times and the word "clr" stayed on the screen.
I turned the machine off and back on again and the word "clr" is still showing in Credits.  I even turned off the Jackpot reset key.  Nothing happened.
The "Fail" light is still "off".  4 of the other red lights are lit with the one in the middle (-12v) not lit. 

So, I still have problems even though "clr" is showing.

Any advice???

Offline tollguy316

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • tollguy316 New User barely matters.tollguy316 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2023, 06:15:20 PM »
I'd  start with getting a power supply

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2023, 09:25:20 PM »
What do I search for asa power supply?  I don't know that much about a power supply to even start asking, or Googling.

Any help, or advice would sure be appreciated.  If anyone on the forum or if you know of anyone that has one or where to get one, please pm me.  If that's OK to do on this forum, if not please post it here.

Offline playklax01

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2023, 07:31:45 AM »
If nothing happens when you push your homemade diag button, is it possible the button is bad?  Could also be due to the missing power light on the I/O board.  From what you said, you made it all the way through with the hard clear process.  Pressing the diag button should reset the game and all should be good.  But you have that light out, so it's not all good. 

One last hail mary you could try is to check the fuses on the power supply boards.  Take precaution to not get shocked obviously!  You'll need to disconnect the wires, and remove and open the big gray box.  There'll be a big board on the bottom and a smaller board on top.  The smaller board is the one that typically needs to be replaced, the bottom one is pretty stable.  You'll find some fuses, I believe, on both boards.  Check them all.  Also check the general fuse on the outside of the metal box, but I believe that is an all-or-nothing fuse which would turn everything off if it's blown, so it's probably not that (can't hurt to check). 

You likely won't find anything on Google.  What you're looking for is a Williams 400 model power supply.  Anything that says BB or Bluebird is not the correct one.  The power supply has long been discontinued from the third party who made them.  There is a part number (I don't recall what it is) from them on the smaller power board inside that metal box, you could try a search on that and see if there are any comparable replacements. 

eBay is possible, I've gotten some on there in the past (I hoarded everything I could on these machines years ago, as I knew they were getting hard to find for).  There is this store that does repair, I've never used them but it may be worth inquiring with.  If they're able to recap and rebuild everything for $60 (plus $30 shipping), that's not a bad deal at all!  If you go that route, check with them first to make sure they'll work on this model power supply. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225728635636

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2023, 08:17:35 AM »
I pushed on  the I/O board and finally got 5 red lights and "fail light, NOT lit.

I closed the door and turned the Jackpot key.  I now get different things every time I turn the key. 

Bet      Info
Cash    Info
Line     Info
Prog    Info 
The "spin"  button is lite up on each of these codes
Dot     Fail    (spin button NOT lit now))

Don't know what to do now!!!

Don

Offline playklax01

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2023, 06:31:49 AM »
Turning the jackpot reset key without a jackpot to reset will go in the 'lite' auditing menu.  Normally after some games have been played, there will be more info, like last 20? results of the reel spins, etc. 

You wrote me a DM on the Dot Fail message and I responded to it, but not sure if it went through.  Let me know if it did or not.

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2023, 07:20:29 AM »
Your message went through and I thank you for the information.  I'm going to take the upper glass out this morning.  I see it's the whole piece of glass in the top part.  I guess I try to lift it up and then pull outward?

Thanks again for your very helpful information.

Don

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2023, 05:01:47 PM »
I haven't been able to post on here for a couple of days.  I've had computer and internet problems.

UPDATE: On I/O Board I now have ALL 5 red lights lit and the "FAIL" light is "OFF"

While I Had the I/O board out I happened to notice something hanging down from the top end of the board between the edge of the cage and the PC Board, slot backplane.  I found out it was a cable tie hanging down.  I tried pulling on it, but it was either attached from above or the head was to big to pull through.  I thought maybe this was pushing against the PC Board, slot backplane, and causing a short or error.   I got the idea of removing one of the reels and see if I could see it without the reels inside.  Well, to start with on the cable attached to the reel, I tried pulling it off to the "right" instead of "straight" out.  I even tried pulling it off with the large pliers.  I hope  I didn't damage anything on the circuit board.  With the cable off I then tried to get the "latch" loose so I could slide the reel out.  The latch didn't want to come up, I was trying to force it up with 2 scred drivers.  I was trying to pull up from the front,  Maybe it lifted from from Right to Left.  Anyway, I ended up breaking the tab in half.  So I plugged the cable back in and that was it.  No reels out and no tabs out either.  Any advice as to how the reels come out?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

I think I got the RAM cleared.  I got a "CLR"  I took out the Williams 25C chip and put the XU3 Game Chip in and for the first time the reels turned, both the top and bottom candle lights were flashing.  No Bongs!.  On the screen, it came up with a   dot   Fail.
This is where I am now.
I just got to thinking, maybe something is wrong with the speaker, shouldn't I hear some bongs?
The first attathment is inside of my power supply;  The 2nd is board inside DOT screen;  3rd another board inside DOT;      4th is cap I broke off trying to get the reel released.
Sorry for the long post.  Any more ideas?

Don

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2023, 01:02:06 AM »
I just took out the 2 left reels and saw the top of a plastic cable tie sticking into the top of the Card Cage.  I should have taken out the 3rd reel, because when I tried to reach around the reel with a pair of short tweezers and with my left hand (I'm right-handed) the tweezers touched the top of the tie and turned it around so that it dropped into the Card Cage.  I tried pulling it into the Card Cage several days ago when I had the I/O board out.  I just don't want to take out the I/O Board now that I have no Fail and all red lights are lit.

I turned the machine back on and I still have the same tilt code showing   dot    FAIL     0

Didn't someone say there was a fuse in the DOT board: behind the grey screen?  If so, is it soldered to the board?

What does dot  FAIL   0   mean?  Does this have something to do with my display screen?

Thanks,

Don

Offline playklax01

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2023, 07:30:29 AM »
The pictures help for sure!  Dot Fail will present when 1) there is a bad upper power supply, or 2) there is no communication with the upper controller board.  On your picture with the upper controller board and the upper power supply, on the left top side of the controller there are 2 connectors with one having a white connector attached to it sticking out.  Based on the picture, it looks like there is no cable attached to that piece, is that correct?  If so, that's your problem right there.  There should be a thin cable attached that drops down and connects into the backplane.  Without that cable, the CPU cannot talk to the Dotmation board and tell it what to display on the screen, hence the Dot Fail message.  If this is the case (no cable present), the problem is going to be tough...  1) You'll find the end of the cable somewhere in the machine, but knowing which wire goes to which connector is anyone's guess...  or 2) There is no cable anywhere and you need a new one.  Someone would have to chime in if they have one available.

If the wire is attached that white connector, then we have a different problem but let's start here. 

There are no fuses on the controller board itself, only the power supply would have one (or two?). 

That cable tie you said dropped down somewhere, it would be a good idea to find it and get that out of there.  Foreign items can cause all kinds of problems and possible damage. 

Is your coin tray attached to the game right now?  If it's not, you won't have any sound.  If it is, check the blind mating speaker connection.  It's another weak point of these games, but very easy to fix. 

In your machine's condition, you should get a bong for the machine being able to initialize properly, then a buzz for the Dot Fail message. 

Offline playklax01

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2023, 07:39:47 AM »
And above all, protect that orange screen at all costs!  It's almost 30 years old and absolutely impossible to find a replacement for.  There was talk of someone who was attempting to make recreations of it with newer technology, but I haven't heard any progress on that.  So keep that thing safe!

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2023, 09:17:24 AM »
I took out my upper glass again and checked all the connections and they are all connected. took out the fuse in my DOT board.  The number on it is EF 3.15A H250V.  Does anyone on here know if I can get it here and if not can I get it from Amazon.

I don't know much about fuses could someone help me find on Amazon which fuse to get if I can't get it here?

Thanks

Don

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2023, 02:43:30 AM »
I took my Dotmation Controler PC Board and Supply, 12v/110 Power Board to Dallas,tx this past week.  A slot repair shAlsoop checked out my 2 boards and said they were OK. 
Also they asked if the 8 on the I/O boaard was lighting up.  "No" it is NOT lighting up.
I just took out the XU3  chip and put in the Williams25C chip.  The machine did a few things and reels tured once.  I now have the work "clr" on the display.  I removed the Williams 25C chip and installed the XU3 chip.  I turned the machine on and it showed CLR.  I pushed the homemade diagnostic buttonand nothing happens.  Could I have a bad pushbutton?  Maybe the wire is in the wrong place. There is  on  c  on  tabs on the switch.  A wire is attatched to the on  and the c.  Does it matter which wires are attathed and to what terminal? 
I am leaving the machine turned on with the word CLR showing in the display.
What do I do now.  Atleast I didn't get the DOT Fail this time.
Photo Attatched.  Disregard the lit FAIL light.  This picture is just t show the diagnostic button.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 08:22:48 AM by formertexan »

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2023, 08:36:37 AM »
Sorry, I haven't gotten back on the board for some time.  I have had foot surgery and not getting around well. 

I took my DOT cards to Dallas, TX and they checked them out and said they were OK.
I have since pulled out most of my plugs going to the backboard and used the sweeper to blow them out.
The latest info is that a couple of days ago, my machine booted up to the game.  No sound.  I was able to put quarters into the machine.  I turned it off and now, I get the DOT FAIL error.

I think the reels are out of sync.  I am trying to either take off or move the Opto Interrupter on the reel.  The manual says "Align the three opto interrupter tabs:  The opto stop is usually the first symbol or the jackpot symbol.  Opto-stop placement is critical:  The three opto-stops MUST line up.  Without alignment, reel symbols can't stop together on the pay line.  You can adjust one reel's opto stop position by moving the reel's opto interrupter tab.  You can move the opto interrupter position over a broad, two-and-a-half-inch range.  Begin alignment by sliding each opto tab to the center of the opto stop symbol.  Take care not to bend the opto interrupter track.   My opto interrupter tab is not in the same place on the reels.  I have the opto interrupter tab on the first reel in the first opening at the end of the reel strip and a single piggie in front of a single black bar.
The middle reel is also in the middle of the first opening at the end of the reel strip and the Opto interrupter is in the middle if the first Beak The Bank.
The third reel is also at the first opening at the end of the reel strip and the Opto interrupter is in the middle of the first Break The Bank.
Don
Is this how I am supposed to place the Opto interrupter tabs? 

« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 12:41:47 AM by formertexan »

Offline playklax01

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2023, 06:42:48 AM »
Sorry, I haven't gotten back on the board for some time.  I have had foot surgery and not getting around well. 

I took my DOT cards to Dallas, TX and they checked them out and said they were OK.
I have since pulled out most of my plugs going to the backboard and used the sweeper to blow them out.
The latest info is that a couple of days ago, my machine booted up to the game.  No sound.  I was able to put quarters into the machine.  I turned it off and now, I get the DOT FAIL error.

I think the reels are out of sync.  I am trying to either take off or move the Opto Interrupter on the reel.  The manual says "Align the three opto interrupter tabs:  The opto stop is usually the first symbol or the jackpot symbol.  Opto-stop placement is critical:  The three opto-stops MUST line up.  Without alignment, reel symbols can't stop together on the pay line.  You can adjust one reel's opto stop position by moving the reel's opto interrupter tab.  You can move the opto interrupter position over a broad, two-and-a-half-inch range.  Begin alignment by sliding each opto tab to the center of the opto stop symbol.  Take care not to bend the opto interrupter track.   My opto interrupter tab is not in the same place on the reels.  I have the opto interrupter tab on the first reel in the first opening at the end of the reel strip and a single piggie in front of a single black bar.
The middle reel is also in the middle of the first opening at the end of the reel strip and the Opto interrupter is in the middle if the first Beak The Bank.
The third reel is also at the first opening at the end of the reel strip and the Opto interrupter is in the middle of the first Break The Bank.
Don
Is this how I am supposed to place the Opto interrupter tabs?

Regarding the latter part of the post.  If you suspect the reels are out of alignment, you'll need to go into diagnostic mode and go to the selection that will turns the reels to each payable position.  You just need one of them, doesn't matter which, it will start with the jackpot position (7-wild-7).  If those aren't aligned then carefully and slowly (they're fragile!) nudge the opto thing on the reel a notch or two, a little does a lot.  Press (I think Spin) for the next reel combo and see how they look now.  Rinse and repeat.  It can take a while to get perfect alignment, so don't get discouraged. 

No sound.  Is the coin tray attached?  If not, you'll have no sound.  If it is, check the blind mating plug on the righthand side and see if it's connecting correctly and tightly.  These get loose and broken all the time, it's a very weak plug.  It's a simple connection though, you can rig up your own if you need to, just match the position of the wires. 

Offline formertexan

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2023, 02:34:40 PM »
When I try to go into the diagnostic mode, I don't think it's going there.  I start off with the following:

Prog     Info    I turn Jackpot key
DOT     FAIL         "         "
Coin     Info         "

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal