New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: What model machine is this S2000?  (Read 927 times)

Offline newkid3

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
What model machine is this S2000?
« on: November 01, 2023, 10:35:49 PM »
I have a chance to buy this machine. I have looked but can not find any information on this particular machine. I have found it in a regular square top machine. I found a rounded top glass on the bay but it is not made like the one I am looking at. The top glass is different on this one. Is this a S2000 machine? Is it some kind of special made S2000? I would appreciate any information you could give me. Thanks

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: What model machine is this S2000?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 10:51:43 PM »
Yes, it's a S2000.  Looks like a Sunkist graphics clone of IGT's Wild Cherry to me.  The ticket printer has been removed and a cover installed over where it used to be.  It looks like it may still have coin in/out hardware as the coin head is still installed. Would need to see pictures of the interior of the machine to confirm it.  What else are you looking to know about it?

Offline newkid3

• newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2023, 11:03:39 PM »
Tilt, Thanks  for the reply. Does the center of the top glass do something different as far as lighting up or something?  It just looks weird. Is there paint missing on the center area where numbers are?

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 11:08:41 PM »
I have not seen the machine in person yet. I might get to look at it Friday. He says it has the display netplex link is down. Do you have any idea what it might be worth since it needs repaired?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2023, 11:21:51 PM »
That I don't know.  Could be the photo lighting, or maybe the backlight isn't working?

Display's netplex link down could be caused by a few things.  Most likely is a bad (or not properly seated) power supply or a bad MPU board.  If you go look at it pull  the MPU board out and look for a green varta battery.  If it has one look for signs of leaking and corrosion, which it will probably have.  A replacement MPU board will run you $150 - $200 average now.  I really can't tell you what it's worth, it depends on your location and the condition of the rest of the machine. 

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2023, 04:59:00 AM »
Take note as well that the missing Netplex printer and the printer bracket that holds it, may also cost you no less than another $50-$100 to replace, should you decide you want it to print tickets.
A picture of the insides of the cabinet will tell us what's missing.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2023, 06:24:09 AM »
Emerald Rose is in fact a clone of Wild Cherry and it is genuine IGT. I see nothing wrong with the glass other than it's not lit up in the picture and the reflection from the window doesn't help as Tilt already mentioned. It's an attractive game kit and it even has the correct position line reel glass. A printer is not necessary and if it does indeed have coin in/out equipment, that's a plus.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2023, 08:40:20 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I will probably go look at it tomorrow evening. I will report back what I find out and if I buy it.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2023, 09:00:26 PM »
Well I went and looked at the machine today. His bottom dollar offer to me was to good to pass up for as good as this machine looks. It is the cleanest machine inside and outside I have ever seen. The problem with it is it has the display netplex link is down. It has the 1270 enhanced board in it. The board does have some noticable leakage from the green Varta battery. (See pics)
I don't think there is any traces under the green battery on the 1270 like there is on the 5xx boards is there? I read on here that if the green battery is dead you will get the display netplex link is down error. I am sure this battery is dead dead dead. My error comes up right after I turn the machine on. Like it does not try to boot or anything. I also read you can remove the green battery and U16 and do away with the green battery for good. Is it possible that this modification is all that needs to be done to get my machine working?  I notice some blue/green looking stuff on some of the components close to the green battery. Could there be damage to some of that stuff or is all that stuff in the battery circuit and not needed once battery and U16 is removed? Thanks

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2023, 09:02:56 PM »
One more pic of machine

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal