New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Display Netplex link is down  (Read 529 times)

Offline newkid3

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
S2000 Display Netplex link is down
« on: December 11, 2023, 12:55:08 AM »
Hello all, Happy Holidays to everyone.  I have a IGT S2000 Emerald Rose that I sold to someone about a month ago. The machine has been working great and they have played the heck out of it. Almost every day from the way she talks. I am just trying to help them out if I can. She said she was playing it Saturday for about 6 hours and then shut it down to go to bed. She said when she turned it on Sunday it did not boot up and the display says Display Netplex Link Is Down. Some history on this machine. I sent the 1270 enhanced board off to Lookes to rebuild about a month or so before  I sold it. He does great work. It worked great here at my place and after they took it home and set it up until Sunday. I am pretty sure it is not the MPU board itself causing the issue like from Alkaline damage because Lookes went through it good and tested it after his work.  When you turn it on all of the fluorescent bulbs come on in the Belly, reels and top box. But there are no LED's coming on at all on the CPU board. Could it be that the power supply has vibrated loose from the move and them opening and shutting the door a bunch? I did notice when I had it the thumb screw did not seem to screw in correctly on the power supply. If the power supply was not working at all would the fluorescent bulbs work? Anything else it could be? The CPU is not booting for sure for some reason. Which keeps it from communicating with Netplex. If I was sure it was just the power supply needing to be reseated I might would run over there and fix it for them real quick. The problem is they live like an hour away and if that dont fix it then it would need to be brought to my house for troubleshooting ect. So I don't know about making the trip and then them having to bring it over anyway. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Here are a few pics she sent me of it. All of the pics are with the Display  netplex error showing. Thanks

Offline dailey

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: S2000 Display Netplex link is down
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 01:02:12 PM »
With the symptoms you describe, it worked then failed to boot up the next day, the most likely cause is the power supply (No, low or noisy voltage). The first thing to do is as you suggested, re-seat it and see if that fixes the problem. Next, you will need to try replacing the power supply with a known good one. Do you have another, maybe one from another machine you can swap?

Offline newkid3

• newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2023, 02:32:26 PM »
I know they made a few different power supplies for the S2000. So will any of the power supplies out of an S2000 work in any other S2000?  Thanks

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2023, 02:52:53 PM »
I know they made a few different power supplies for the S2000. So will any of the power supplies out of an S2000 work in any other S2000?  Thanks
Yup

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2023, 11:33:25 PM »
Well I was sick for about 12 days. So I finally got over there to look at this machine. I tried reseating the power supply. Still the same. So then I put in a known good power supply. Still the same. So I took the MPU out and put in one I brought with me. I got lights on the MPU so there is definitely something wrong with the MPU. I think it has a short of kind on the board maybe. With the original MPU if I turn the power on the reels get power for about 2 seconds and a weird noise comes thru the speakers. Then the reels loose power and everything is dead. Maybe a short on the board shutting everything down. I am going to send it to Lookes after Christmas along with another board I have for repair.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2023, 07:24:54 AM »
You might want to copy or memorize this...>>>

How to diagnose a netplex link down error.

First disconnect all netplex drvices except the vfd. 
This includes the bill acceptor, printer, some progressive displays, some top box bonus devices.
Now that those are disconnected check the following.

Is your error solid or blinking.
Blinking
     Do you have a 50x or 1270 mpu?
          Remove the varta and u16.
      50x
          Mpu fault.
Solid
     Do you get no disp on your credit display
     No
          The mpu is not booting check the mpu for signs of faults or problems with the chips.
     Yes
          Check voltage at the vfd on the 2 pin connector
          Check the data cable for any signs of damage especially where the door closes.
          Mpu is faulty or damaged check for bent pins.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2024, 09:30:36 AM »
I sent this board off to lookes here on the forum. It was something bad in the 3.3 volt circuit.  He got it repaired. It is back in the machine and running good.  Thanks all

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal