New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 Red White and Blue  (Read 925 times)

Offline Coltool

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Coltool New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S2000 Red White and Blue
« on: January 13, 2024, 09:11:09 AM »
I have a IGT S Red White and Blue Slot model 964384 that after we had a series of power blips and then a six hour outage did not come back on.  It is plugged into a surge protector.  The one light inside the cabinet does light when the door is opened.  None of the LED lights are lit.  I have 125 volts in and out of the EMI and to the transformer board.  I have, when checked against ground, 63.5 volts at each of the transformer board output pins.  The transformer board refers to a fuse 40811200W EA but I see no fuses or fuse holders.  I have searched all over the machine and find no fuses so if it has fuses they must not look like anything I know about. I checked the 3v battery and it is showing 3 volts even though it is at least 16 years old.  I think I will get a new one.  None of the boards show any evidence of damage or dark spots.  I have ordered a replacement power transformer in hopes it is the problem as it was not that expensive but would appreciate any suggestions and help re where any fuses the machine might have and what they look like or other things I can check. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 11:09:34 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S Red White and Blue
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 09:20:22 AM »
 :NLG_WELCOME:

Topic moved to IGT S2000.

Please post a photo of the inside of your machine. (1mb or smaller but not too small!)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 12:46:54 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Coltool

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2024, 09:43:33 AM »
I did just now find the two fuses hidden behind a bunch of wires.  Both tested fine so the fuses are not blown

Image flipped upright by moderator
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 10:49:18 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2024, 10:03:53 AM »
You laid down the slot machine on it's side?  :Tongue_Out: just kidding

Have you tried reseating the PSU up behind the reel shelf?

Here's a link on how to do it....>>>>

https://youtu.be/PTPuiBpHiKk?si=iNbCAYdztIM2Pk0b
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Coltool

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2024, 10:15:36 AM »
I tried that.  Question-do I need to reinstall the coin hopper and coin tray before plugging it back in or can it be  started with them out

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2024, 10:51:11 AM »
You have an IGT S2000 slot machine.
This is not an S+.
I'm changing your Topic title.

No...you don't need them to figure out what's wrong.
I'd even disconnect the ballasts for the fluorescents too.
Concentrate on finding the 12 and 24 voltages instead.

Stick your red probe down into the backplane header Molex.
Check the orange and the red wires going into that Molex housing.
Those are the main power voltages your MPU needs to run.
It would be the very bottom 2-row, 10-pin vertical connector on the right side of the backplane circuit board the MPU slides into.
Do NOT connect or disconnect any circuit boards with the power switch ON.

Where in the world are you getting 63.5 volts from?
Is that ac or dc voltage?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 11:09:14 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline Coltool

• NLG
Re: IGT S2000 Red White and Blue
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2024, 12:29:18 PM »
You will have to be patient with me as I am a new at this.  What is the backplane Molex housing? On the left wall in the image I sent is what I assume is the main "motherboard"  It slides into a housing and in the back of that housing is the connections.  On the outside of that unit is another board that can be pulled out and it has a connector coming from what I thought was the power transformer because it is what the power cord plugs into.  Om the left side of that is a board that has three prongs at the bottom that are being fed 125 volts  At the top is the output.  I measured those pins by measuring between each and the ground with the meter on AC and it registered 63.5 volts  I can check it with the meter set to DC.  I am attaching a picture of what I assume is a transformer board.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 06:30:34 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Coltool

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2024, 12:32:57 PM »
I went ahead and purchased a new power supply and just installed it.  I now have power to the machine but when it came on int made the right sounds but the dials did not spin and after about 30 seconds it started making a loud noise like it was trying to alert security someone is tampering with the machine.  But progress we have power and lights.  Any thoughts?

Offline Coltool

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2024, 01:06:38 PM »
One added note  I see it displays "display Netplex is down" and then "ram error"  when the blaring starts

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2024, 01:07:19 PM »
FYI The power supply is up behind the reel shelf and behind the reels ("dials")

With the door open, turn the J/P Reset key a few times, then the blue VFD display will put out a message asking you to press, and hold the Test button a for a few seconds...then you close the door.
The reels should spin after a few seconds.
Watch the blue VFD display for messages.

Offline Coltool

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2024, 05:24:14 PM »
You don't know how much I appreciate the help.  So The reset key stopped the blaring and seemed to help but the the redls did not spin and the display says call attendant.  There were two clear keys inside the  in a plastic case unit one labeled 97 and one labeled 81.  Just in case that is important.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2024, 05:58:59 PM »
okay...you have Call Attendant...open the door and tell what you see in the blue VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display) .
You might have get ready to to turn the J/P Reset key again.

The "97" might be the IVC00097 Clear chip....I don't know what the "81" is....now's the time to take a good clear photo.
Right now you don't need to clear anything - you don't want to erase the set-up settings.

Offline Coltool

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2024, 07:35:19 AM »
I am attaching two shots of the front display and the inside LED display.  I assume the front display is what you are referring to as the VFD.  In your previous response you said it would say push the test button.  Is there a test button?

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2024, 07:41:00 AM »
Your Test button is located uner the MPU LEDS.
The small white momentary button.

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>

Offline Coltool

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2024, 07:47:58 AM »
Got it thanks.  Tried starting again and as noted the horn started so turned the rest and then tried pushing the test button for a few seconds.  Still getting the same mismatch message.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2024, 07:52:30 AM »
The left chip is a Clear chip (IVC00097).
The right chip is the Key31...not "81".
It is incorrectly labeled as a "Clear" chip.
Both are good to have later on.

When the horn sounds, turn the J/P Reset key,
If the display asks you to, press the Test button a few times.
The display may also ask you to close the door.

Turn the power switch OFF.
Slide out the MPU and take a photo of the chips onboard.

Offline Coltool

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2024, 08:24:04 AM »
When the horn sounded I reset but it only displayed the Mismatch message again.  I have attached the picture of the current chips and the other side of the board which I assume is the RAM.  the chips are DSPL0002, Version Chip L VS011GX1, Stepper GME2 SG000362 2 of 2, Stepper Gme1 SG000362, Stepper Base SB001000, and one with a paper tag on it that says SS 3668.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2024, 09:22:48 AM »
Your software looks correct but those SG362 pairs are problematic....it would be better to have SG363 pairs.
NLG member RB is an excellent source for a better pair of software chips.
I would try to message him.

The "mismatch" error that you've seen on the blue VFD display...are you sure it's not showing "Machine Type Mismatch" ? :scratch-head_2:
You might have to set your machine as an "Upright" machine.
I don't know why the chip programmers at IGT thought thiswas a good idea but it is what it is.

Remember, do NOT put any circuit board in or out with the power ON - always turn OFF the power.

Offline Coltool

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2024, 10:18:57 AM »
Thanks.  I sent you a picture of the display  You can see it says "GAME EPROM  C MISMATCH  -0xB000001"  Keep in mind the machine has been running flawlessly sincere  bought it in 2009 or 2010 until we had the power outage two weeks ago.  So nothing has changed except at this point I have replaced  the main power unit and the power conditioner that is below that the power cord plugs into.  Again I can't thank you enough for your time and patience as i learn about this machine.  Let me see about the other chips and then we can see what happens after this are installed.  If I do have to tell it it is an upright machine I will need some guidance.  Again you time is too much appreciated.  You will have to let me make a donation to your favorite charity if we get this running again as it was a gift to my wife and she enjoys playing during commercials.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2024, 10:27:33 AM »
oh! Okay! I never saw that!

I've also NEVER seen that particular error on your vfd.
I don't even want to guess what "Eprom C" is?

I must assume that it's trying to tell us there's something wrong with the pair of GME1&2 chips?  :Scratch-Head:
But yeah...I would definitely try a set of SG363's.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 06:22:41 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal