New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: which Key Chip Do I Need  (Read 577 times)

Offline scottf11961

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • scottf11961 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
which Key Chip Do I Need
« on: February 07, 2024, 03:24:11 AM »
Hi everyone.  I need to key chip my machine, but not sure which ones to use. Most of my games use 97/17 or 97/31.  The machine I'm trying to key has a 1270 board. SB100342.
I think that's the SB, but not totally in love with that number. It's badly worn out. I'll attach a picture of the machine and the board. Can also use a set of strips for it. Must have been in a smoking section. Yellow stain..tar..etc I have the strip numbers, just not sure who to ask. I tried Spin and Oasis,  but no luck. 84634300 F4959

On a side note, I have 2 other machines that I need SB and game chips for, and I have the numbers. I'd rather use someone out here then hit the ebay crowd.  If someone can point me in the right direction,  I'd appreciate it.

Thank you all

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: which Key Chip Do I Need
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 04:45:22 AM »
IVC00224 and KEY00045 will do any S2000 except those with R boards. I have them available if needed.
PM or email me if interested. Tried to PM you but your inbox is full. 
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 07:34:37 PM »
Someone else told me my inbox was full. Not sure how to access it. Never did.

My game now lost its progressive screen. This all started because I was trying to add a tito. Well, the tito works great, but somehow list my progressive data. Some basic research led me to 7-3-3-1 setting, but I can't get into it. I used a 97-31 for the tito. Will the 224 get me into the progressive settings? Or 45? Or both?

Thanks

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 09:07:49 AM »

If you're familiar with E mailing, it's about as easy at that here. NLG has an "in house" message system. Simply CLICK the top right box
My Messages and a drop down menu will appear. Then you will be able to see, reply and delete messages.
CONTRIBUTING members will have unlimited messaging, access to the NLG File System, and be able to buy and sell on NLG Classifieds.
You can have an annual membership, or simply join for a month periodically.  :propeller:

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 09:50:41 AM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 11:38:13 AM »

My game now lost its progressive screen. This all started because I was trying to add a tito. Well, the tito works great, but somehow list my progressive data. Some basic research led me to 7-3-3-1 setting, but I can't get into it. I used a 97-31 for the tito. Will the 224 get me into the progressive settings? Or 45? Or both?

Thanks
the IVC000224 is a ram and E2 memory clear chip, the KEY00045 is a Key chip. the key allows you to make changes to the settings as long as the machine doesn't have credits.

Thanks,
Wayne
**note IVC000223 is a ram clear chip, similar to the 224, but doesn't clear the E2

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2024, 04:57:42 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Still a bit confused.  I was able to get into my settings using a combo of 97-31. .and I was able to finally set up my progressive. What's the difference with 224/45? Wouldn't it do the same?

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2024, 05:46:46 AM »
Why do you wipe everything out with the clear chip?
All you need is a Key to get into settings.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2024, 06:06:49 AM »
31 and 45 are Key Chips. .but someone suggested (not here) that I shouldn't use 31, and only use 45. .but I used 31 and was able to get into the settings I needed. I know I don't need to do a clear to change settings. I'm just trying to figure out the differences between the keys and clear chips. If someone tells me not to do something to a machine..I don't do it. However, I was told not to use 31 after I already used it, and it worked perfectly. 

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2024, 06:44:38 AM »
okay...I'm glad you unerstand that using a clear chip just makes things harder...haha
Really, the only reason you might need it is to change the denomination.
If you're fooling around with a machine for the first time and like...learning things, I remember erasing all the accounting was fun to do - to start a machine from zero like it just came off the assembly line at IGT.  :rotfl:
but that gets old really quick as you have to keychip again to reset everything, and that's like a pain in the you know where! lol
Especially on a multi-denom touchscreen game with progressive displays.
On using keychips, use whatever works.
The Keychip45 is the best one really, I'd pick one up for the future for sure from RB.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 07:19:54 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2024, 07:55:25 AM »
The initial problem was that I have an IGT S2000 with a progressive display.  The board had varta damage,  so I replaced it with a known working spare board. While I was at it, I changed the battery since I didn't know how old it was, and I added a tito. Upon setting it back up, I lost the progressive display. I used key 31, but couldn't get past a certain point in the progressive setup. Someone suggested I can only use 224 to clear and 45 to key. That's incorrect. It turns out I missed a setting in the key chip menu, and without that setting, you can't continue with progressive setup. My progressive display is now up and running and I used key 31.
So, my question remains..what's the difference between 31 & 45?  About a year ago, I ordered a 'master set', and it didn't have a 45. In fact, it didn't have a 31 either. It DID have a couple that I never used, nor do I know what they are for.

If 31 & 45 are keys, why do I need both? 31 did everything I needed. 17 couldn't be used in this machine, but works for other S2000 machines that I have. I also have a 40 and a 22. Not sure what they do. 28 is for my game king.  What is 45, and how is it different then 31?

Hope I didn't confuse you

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2024, 08:19:23 AM »
...Someone suggested I can only use 224 to clear and 45 to key....
I'm not confused.
Your statement above should be changed out to "you may use"....not "only". lol This is why...>>>

The Key31 is good up to a certain SBxxxxx chip number and MPU boards...I don't remember offhand exactly where that cut-off number is.
Anyways, when the SBxxxxx chip numbers are higher, then you'll need the Key45 to get into the Options on the newer MPU's.

For now, you "may" use your Key31...haha

I WAS going to attach a Clear and Keychip Guide reference sheet that I have to this Reply, but I couldn't find my most recent version to show you.
The sheet I had was the real old one which only went up to Key17...that's an old list from way before Key31 and Key45!...haha
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 03:29:56 PM by Stayouttadabunker »

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2024, 08:31:35 AM »
Ok ...I found it...it's kind of old but still somewhat relevant...>>>

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2024, 01:24:58 PM »
I appreciate your help.  I have a better understanding now.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2024, 03:30:36 PM »
You're welcome...marking this Topic as "Solved"  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline scottf11961

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2024, 05:15:45 AM »
Would you happen to know where I can get strips from? . 84634300 F4959

Thank you again!!

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2024, 05:20:46 AM »
Place an WTB ad for strips in the Classifieds Section of NLG.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2024, 06:26:20 PM »
...Someone suggested I can only use 224 to clear and 45 to key....
I'm not confused.
Your statement above should be changed out to "you may use"....not "only". lol This is why...>>>

The Key31 is good up to a certain SBxxxxx chip number and MPU boards...I don't remember offhand exactly where that cut-off number is.
Anyways, when the SBxxxxx chip numbers are higher, then you'll need the Key45 to get into the Options on the newer MPU's.

For now, you "may" use your Key31...haha

I WAS going to attach a Clear and Keychip Guide reference sheet that I have to this Reply, but I couldn't find my most recent version to show you.
The sheet I had was the real old one which only went up to Key17...that's an old list from way before Key31 and Key45!...haha

Key chips do not follow the sb chips or the board. They follow the sg chips. 224 and 45 are backwards compatible so thats why people say you should use them because buying every version of key and clear chip is a waste of money.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 09:35:51 AM by shortrackskater »

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2024, 07:10:20 PM »
Thanks Retro....I meant SGxxxx chips...typo error on my part.

Look at this old sheet I copied...haha...>>>

Keychip EPROMS
KEY00002 -Vision enable non-system
SG00018 to SG00041 use RFA 1.00.19
SG00046 and higher, use RFA 1.0020
KEY00005 -Game King/ Multi-Poker/ Triple Play/ I-Game (old)
KEY00014 -Obsolete- replaced by KEY00016
KEY00016 -Game King/ Multi-Poker/ Triple Play/ I-Game (new)
KEY00017 -Game King multi-denom or multi-denom program

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal