New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 Questions  (Read 12165 times)

Offline CJ

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • CJ New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S2000 Questions
« on: November 17, 2014, 07:03:37 PM »
I will soon be receiving an IGT S2000 Triple Double Wild Cherry Machine for home use and I have a some questions. Never owned a slot machine before . I'm sorry if this has been answered before. I have looked and read lots of articles on here, but I still can't understand. Maybe link me to some good articles I may have missed.

S2000 RAM Clear and Key Chip
   1. What would I need to use this for?
   2. What is the correct chips that would work with the model listed above?
   3. Looking for more information on all the eproms in the mpu and what they do.
   4. How about changing game theme. What's the process and where could I get the correct game chip

Other
    1. Machine is setup coinless, but what if I wanted to change the machine to payout coins? How Would I enable that?
    2. How to change coin denomination?
    3. What is Haywire? This feature sounds interesting and it seems popular. How to convert machine if I wanted to?
    4. I have been seeing some slots featured with the Premium sound card package. I actually would like it to play some nice sounds in addition to the current ones.

I will wrap this question up.  If there is anything that you think I should know with this slot machine, let me know and any other info would be awesome.

My head is spinning with all this information I have been reading.

:thank_you:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 03:39:40 AM by jcharles15 »

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S2000 Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 07:34:09 PM »

I will soon be receiving an IGT S2000 Triple Double Wild Cherry Machine for home use and I have a some questions. Never owned a slot machine before . I'm sorry if this has been answered before. I have looked and read lots of articles on here, but I still can't understand. Maybe link me to some good articles I may have missed.

S2000 RAM Clear and Key Chip
   1. What would I need to use this for?
   2. What is the correct chips that would work with the model listed above?
   3. Looking for more information on all the eproms in the mpu and what they do.
   4. How about changing game theme. What's the process and where could I get the correct game chip

Other
    1. Machine is setup coinless, but what if I wanted to change the machine to payout coins? How Would I enable that?
    2. How to change coin denomination?
    3. What is Haywire? This feature sounds interesting and it seems popular. How to convert machine if I wanted to?
    4. I have been seeing some slots featured with the Premium sound card package. I actually would like it to play some nice sounds in addition to the current ones.

I will wrap this question up.  If there is anything that you think I should know with this slot machine, let me know and any other info would be awesome.

My head is spinning with all this information I have been reading.

:thank_you:

You are in the wrong category for S2000 machines. You need to go to S2000 and Vision Games page for this post. Lots of help there for your problem.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:55:41 AM by Ron (r273) »
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 07:38:54 PM »
Not anymore, got ya covered.
 :NLG_WELCOME:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 07:43:39 PM »
1.  When you change games, sometimes you will need a keychip to re-enable bill validator.  You will rarely, if ever, use a clear chip, it is recommended that you don't use it unless as a last resort.
2.  Depends on the SG game chips that you receive with your unit.  Most people here like to use either key 17 or key 45.
3.  Depending on whether you get an enhanced board or a series 50x board.  But they have these in common:
     a.  SG chips go into the slots GME1 and GME2 sockets.  These are basically the "OS" of the slot.
     b.  SB chips go into the BASE socket.  This has the specific game information, like paytables for the specific theme on your machine.
     c.  VS chip, or version chip.  This determines certain jurisdictional options like multi-denom.
     d.  If you have an enhanced board, you will have a boot chip usually labeled DPL.
4.  When you buy a game kit, you will usually get the Base chip, reel strips, and glass.  Some games require specific SG chips, but most of the time you won't have to change those.

1.  It depends on how much coin equipment is in your machine.  To work with coin-in/out you need:
     a.  A hopper.
     b.  A Hopper plate with connector.
     c.  A coin-in assembly which includes the bracket that holds a coin comparitor, coin-in optics, diverter and associated harnesses.
     d.  A coin head.
     e.  A coin tray.
     f.   Plastic bracket on bottom of door.  Some machines have all holes blocked from factory, these type of machines require the replacement plastic bezel which has holes to let coins out.

2. You use a keychip to change the coin-denomination in the setup.  If you are using coin-in out.  You need a hopper for the target coin size, comparitor (if you go from small to large dollar or .50 token), coin-in encoder to match, coin head.
3.  Haywire is a game theme that will randomnly repeat a pay. It is called haywire because the reels spin in weird patterns and make weird noises, it "haywires."
4.  The sounds are highly dependent on the game theme.  Some themes support enhanced sounds, some don't.  Best to ask on the site for recommendations if you want to be sure.  User Yoeddy1 is the resident S2000 sound guru, he has just about tried any combination of sound setups on his games.

If this is your first slot machine,  play it a lot, and learn what each part inside does, so you can learn to troubleshoot if something ever goes wrong.  Keep notes of what gme and base chips you own so when you ask questions, people are clear on what it is you are dealing with.

You will find really quick, that this hobby is a money pit.  It's like a potato chip, you can't just have one.  Ideally you want a pair of each machine you will ever own, so that if something goes wrong, you can troubleshoot with a healthy machine next to it.  We have a belief here that when you turn off the lights in the slot room, the machines tend to multiply overnight and you end up with a gameroom with multiple slots.

I'm sure the first things you will get are kits to change the them, maybe a topper.  If your player panel buttons do not have LEDS, you WILL want to have leds.  Maybe 3 reels are not enough, you get parts to do a 5 reel conversion and the associated game kits.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 07:49:51 PM »
JC15 They are not lying to you. I bought my 1st slot 1 year ago last August.  15 mos. later I have 5 slots 1 video poker and a pinball machine. Welcome to the club. :applause:
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 07:54:11 PM »
Now that's a thorough response, Rick!  :1:

Welcome JCharles  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline CJ

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 09:46:08 PM »
So pretty much the Key 97 Ram Clear Chip should only be used if for example the machine locks up and/or keeps giving errors.
Does that also clear all data, settings and accounting data ?

If changing the game theme, is it that you have remove the old game 1 and 2 chips and replace with the new game theme 1 and 2 chips?

Also Key 17 is really just for getting into advanced configuration menus?

I printed an article called the "S2000 RAM CLEAR and KEY SET UP FOR HOME USE"
It shows you in steps on how to clear and enter key chip. Do you always have to clear ram when going into key chip menus?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 10:45:56 PM »
A Clear will clear everything, and when the game boots, all settings will be default settings, which typically don't work on a stand-alone environment.

Depending on the game you are changing.  Each set of GME chips is compatible with a variety of games.  Most of the time you will NOT have to change them.

The key chip is needed to change accounting denomination, multi-denom, SAS, to name a few.  If you ever get a TITO board to accept TITO titckets, you will need a key chip.

The only requirement to keychip the machine is that it has zero credits on the machine.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline CJ

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 02:31:00 AM »
ok if I wanted to get into the keychip config menus,  then I could use:

Keychip 17 or Keychip 31 or Keychip 45

Depends On the game chip number. I will have to wait and see which one it is.

thanks

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 06:02:36 AM »
ok if I wanted to get into the keychip config menus,  then I could use:

Keychip 17 or Keychip 31 or Keychip 45

Depends On the game chip number. I will have to wait and see which one it is.

thanks
In my opinion, a Key00045 along with a IVC00224 Clear and you are good to go for the majority of games.

Now if you have an enhanced MPU running a flash/Rboard, then you would use an RBK(#) chip to do both functions.

Offline pinshoppe

• Reputation Power: 1
  • pinshoppe New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • The Pinball Shoppe
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 03:56:55 PM »
i am having an issue trying to key my enhanced multi denom.  I keep getting a key access failure, therefore, cannot program the multi denom.  There are no credits and i have tried multiple times.  ideas? thanks in advance

Offline Harvs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 04:09:00 PM »
i am having an issue trying to key my enhanced multi denom.  I keep getting a key access failure, therefore, cannot program the multi denom.  There are no credits and i have tried multiple times.  ideas? thanks in advance
What MPU do you have, and what KEY chipare you using?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 05:40:27 PM »
Is it multi denom now? If it is make sure you have zero money in the machine. You could have zero credits at a higher denom but there may still be money in the machine at a lower credit value causing the key chip failure.
IE if the machine is set at 1 dollar there still may be $.50 in the machine, but at a dollar play level it would show zero credits.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 08:00:19 PM »
If you have a different base chip, swap it.  Reboot, clear errors.  Put back original, reboot, clear errors, then keychip.  It is an alternative to doing a clear and it does not erase your settings.

Offline CJ

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 02:30:25 AM »
I would like my igt s2000 triple double wild cherry to play more enhanced sounds. There is a video by yoeddy of this machine and it has a melody when the reels are spinning. Also when there is a jackpot, it plays a nice melody.

Current chips in machine
Game 1 : SG000362  (6/25/05)
Game 2 : SG000362  (6/25/05)

Version Chip: VS011GX1 (8/20/04)

Base : SB100661

DSP : DSPL0002 (6/21/04)

It has a multimedia lite board with SIMM : DSV00042 (10/24/01)

In the I/O test for the multimedia sounds, there is lots of different sounds and melodys that my machine does not play.

Any newer chips for my machine?. I want to get the best sounds and melodys.

Offline CJ

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 04:46:44 AM »
aside from the question above. I am also looking for a coin hardware kit that includes everything to use coins

Offline pinshoppe

• Reputation Power: 1
  • pinshoppe New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • The Pinball Shoppe
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2019, 12:50:44 PM »
Was using wrong key chip, thanks :duh:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal