New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Loud Klaxon sound upon boot up S2000 Double Diamond Deluxe  (Read 474 times)

Offline octoolguy

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • octoolguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Loud Klaxon sound upon boot up S2000 Double Diamond Deluxe
« on: February 16, 2024, 03:04:57 PM »
Hi All, I'm back. You all helped me out about a year or so ago with my slot machine but now, after it has been sitting idle for over a year, when I went to boot it up, it didn't spin the reels and after about 30 seconds it started the dreaded klaxon sound. The last time you helped me out, I replaced the mother board and it came back to life. I can't imagine something went wrong just because it hasn't been being used but stranger things do happen. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get it ready to sell but it won't be good if I can't even boot it up. HELP!!
I just noticed that I'm getting an error message that there is an eprom mismatch. Not sure why, it has always worked before. Nothing has changed. I also found that the battery on the motherboard was dead so I changed it for a fresh one. It's the 2032 coin style battery.
I'm an old fart with a young mind. I have an IGT S2000 Double Diamond machine that was once in the Stratosphere in Vegas. Bought from Slot Depot in Fort Mohave, Az. about 2012.

Offline dailey

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Re: Loud Klaxon sound upon boot up S2000 Double Diamond Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 04:24:18 PM »
Bet you thought you had a serious problem. That alarm happens whenever you change the battery. Simply turn the reset key while watching the fluorescent display and follow the instructions. I think you turn the key three times, depress the small white button on the MPU, then close the door.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 04:52:59 PM »
Thanks for your reply. It did the klaxon first. Then I took the board out and changed the battery. It did the Klaxon again. I have done the key thing but I don't know how many times I turned it. It did turn the horn off but I didn't know about the reset button on the MB. I'll give that a try. I also took all 3 wheels out and reset them in their slots thinking maybe something had set in on the contacts. But that didn't help. What does that error message mean in the window? Will that correct itself once I reset the MB?
I'm an old fart with a young mind. I have an IGT S2000 Double Diamond machine that was once in the Stratosphere in Vegas. Bought from Slot Depot in Fort Mohave, Az. about 2012.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 05:17:43 PM »
Let's start from scratch.  Turn the power on.  If you had the door closed and latched, it should say "System Error" in the display.  Open the door and the "Klaxon" goes off and the display should change to something else.  Most likely RAM error.  Now turn the jackpot reset key on the side of the machine or or three times.  It should tell you to press and hold the self test button on the MPU (motherboard is what the MPU plugs into).  The button is next to the LEDs on the front of the button. After you press and hold it for two to three seconds it will tell you to close the main door.  Close and latch the door.  It should say "Initializing" in the display.  If another error appears do the same thing and follow the directions on the display.  Usually after a battery change you'll only have the two errors to clear.  RAM error and EEPROM error.  Let us know how it goes.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 05:29:29 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply and help. I'll try this once my wife gets up from her nap. The horn would bring her up off the bed. LOL. Anyway, I'll try what you suggested in a bit. Report soon.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2024, 05:40:37 PM »
Ok, good luck.  Yeah, you don't want to wake up the Mrs for sure  :yes:.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2024, 05:48:05 PM »
Ok, I opened the door, turned on the power switch, listened to it doing something, then the horn sounded. I turned the key 3 times, the horn stopped on the first turn. I then pushed the tiny white button and looked at the error read out. It said that some vital settings might be lost. I pushed the botton again and closed the door. Now the message says call attendant. What next?

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2024, 05:55:03 PM »
To update, I opened the door and pushed the white button for 3 seconds. Then I I saw that the message had changed to "shut the main door". So I did that and the read out said "testing memory". Once it went all the that the machine came back to life. I put some quarters through it and it seems to work fine. BUT, I walked away from it to sit at my computer to write this and it played some very loud tune to get my attention. I've never had it do that before. There must be some setting to turn off the "hey you" sound.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2024, 05:57:00 PM »
Ok good, you got it  :cool_thumb_up:  That's the "attract sound".  Leave some credits on the machine and it won't do that.  Either that or go into the menus and disable "attract mode".

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2024, 06:03:59 PM »
Can you elaborate on how to access the menus? I know I've done it before but I forget how and it's been quite a while. And, I'm old! There is that too.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2024, 06:29:36 PM »
I'll try.  Press the self test button the the MPU board.

- Press Cash out button till you get to (3) Options
- Press Spin Reels
- Press Cash out until you get to 3.2 Sound Options
- Press Spin Reels
- Press Cash out until you get to 3.2.6 Multimedia
- Press Spin Reels
- Press Cash out until you get to 3.2.6.3 Attract Volume
- Press Spin Reels
- Press Service (change) button to adjust volume down (0 to disable attract sound)
- Press Play X Credits (Play Max Credits) several times until you're back to the main display.
- Close the main door and you're done.

This is based on SG363 GME's.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2024, 06:38:15 PM »
Thank you so much for your help. I'll do this after dinner. Or tomorrow. Or....whenever. But, I will get it done. I sure don't recall going through all that before but I must have. As I said, I'm old. Damn!

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2024, 06:48:02 PM »
Ok.  Check back in if you have any problems. 

Maybe you just left credits on it before?  The machine will only go into attract mode if it's sitting idle with no credits on it.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2024, 06:59:09 PM »
No, I don't think that was it. We used to play it until the credits were gone and we never used to turn it off. Then we decided it was just sitting drawing power so I started turning it off. That's when the problems first started cropping up. The battery went bad on the mother board which meant that I had to find another board. Which I did here and very grateful for that. The replacement board didn't use that battery style anymore so that was a big improvement. I finally got it all back to working, except for the bill accepter. And I think that could be fixed with a good cleaning with alcohol. I just never got around to it and now we have decided to sell it. We'll see how that goes. But, I do want to say a huge thank you to all the good folks here on this website. They and you have all been so helpful and kind.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2024, 02:27:21 PM »
The instructions you gave me worked like a charm. I truly don't recall doing all that way back but as I said, "I'm old". I can't thank you enough for you help.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2024, 02:38:55 PM »
Good deal, you're welcome!  With a new battery you should be good to go for quite awhile now.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2024, 04:39:42 PM »
Glad you got it going with Tilt's help.

Just to let you know, the bill acceptor heads have optics behind the plastic lens, that "see" the markings on currency.
Nearly all the manuals we have state to use "warm, soapy water", to clean them.
Using anything with alcohol, tends to clean the lens very good at first!...but over time, the alcohol "clouds" the plastics.
When that happens, bill acceptance worsens.

The ridiculous thing is there ARE some companies that make these ribbednill acceptor cleaning sheets.
They come in sealed water-tight packaging.
When you rip them open to get out the sheet, they are SOAKED with alcohol....  :24:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2024, 04:45:13 PM »
Thanks for that heads up. I do recall seeing those cleaning sheets on eBay a while back. I've just never gotten around to trying to service that bill accepter. It worked great for a few years but then when I got the machine back in working order a couple of years ago, the accepter would no longer recognize the denominations. If I recall, it sucked the bills in just fine but would give the correct amount of credit. I might be wrong but that's the way I recall it. Now that I think about it, the problem was that it would suck the bill in and then spit it right back out. Any suggestions? Dirty?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 01:12:12 PM by octoolguy »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal