New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S-2000 Half Assed Battery Replacement  (Read 3884 times)

Offline mvco

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
S-2000 Half Assed Battery Replacement
« on: November 29, 2014, 05:32:01 PM »
Hi all,

This may bring me an ass chewing, but wanted to get opinions on if I could be doing any harm.

Lot's of S-2000 games here, so much that a battery seems fail every few months at least.  About 6 momths ago, I had two main batteries crap in one week, and was out of the proper solder in coin type battery.  Did not want to wait, no patience, so I took a 3.6 volt S-Plus style battery and soldered it in.  So quick and easy, just cut out the coin battery and toss these bad boys in there.  It helps that I have about 30 S-Plus style new batteries I picked up in a bulk buy a year ago, so plentiful supply here.

My question, is any harm being done using a 3.6 volt versus 3 volt battery?

I just had two more dead ones today, including a Game King, and these seem to be working fine.  Have them in about 5-6 machines now.  Just hoping no harm is done, and if so, need to go back and replace with proper batteries.

Thanks for any opinions.  I do have the flame suit on, LOL's

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: S-2000 Half Assed Battery Replacement
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 05:39:36 PM »
Doesn't hurt one bit. S2000, GK/I-Game, and S+ all get the same battery around here. The games that typically use a 3.0v won't be harmed with the extra .6v.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:41:14 AM by CVslots »
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline mvco

• Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 06:10:26 PM »
Thanks Roz, glad to hear that. 

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 07:54:26 PM »
Actually it's not a question of not pulling the extre .6 volts, this only applies to current, not voltage. i.e. a circuit requires 12v 1 amp, you would do no harm with 12v 10 amps, but you would kill the circuit if you put in say 24 volts 1 amp.  You should always match voltage as much as possible.  That being said 3 Volts vs 3.6 will probably not harm anything.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 11:34:52 PM »
I got a 502 board recently that had a 3.6 soldered on it. It worked fine but since I had the correct batts, I replaced it. The 3.6 came in handy. It was relatively new showing 3.65V with a tester. Just used it to repair a S Plus board. Actually need one more. If you have plenty Bill, I will buy one off you. Let me know..........Ron
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 09:40:37 AM »
Thanks for the clarification Rick. My dad was an Electrical Engineer for 45 yrs, and I should know these things! Unfortunately, to this day, I still just DO NOT understand electricity... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

But I do know that the 3.6v for 3.0v battery DOES WORK without any issues.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 10:12:58 AM »
Lets think about this, 502/504 board with a brand new 3 volt battery, I don't think any of us can say what the life expectancy of that battery is so I'm going to say it's 5 years plus ( I think it's closer to 10 years ) In my experience when that 3 volt battery drops to 2.8 you had better think about changing it. OK so in 5+ years you have used 2/10s of one volt, not much of a voltage drop is it. So in theory if we start off using a 3.6 volt battery we have just added 15+   years between battery changes. Whats the down side to using a 3.6 battery, none.  Oh that's right it's not correct! We wouldn't want to do anything to a slot machine that's not correct,  :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head: But if we really want to be correct shouldn't we have locks on the doors and someone else have the keys !!

Now all BS aside, I've tested a lot of battery's on a lot of boards and the lowest battery I've seen is around 2.7 volts, never any of them have been lower than that except for 0 volts. they are not like a flashlight that get dimmer and dimmer, at some voltage around 2.6/2,7 they go to zero fast.

Ron I have some battery's if you want them.
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 11:46:36 AM »
Sure Buzz, I need only one but wouldn't mind having a spare on hand. I rarely mess with S Plus machines. PM me the cost with shipping & I will Ppal you. First class mail is fine........Thanks

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 12:33:32 PM »
Merry Christmas   

I'll be in Vegas and Laughlin until mid week and will mail them when I get back. I borrowed a          I Game from Kirk 3 or 4 years ago and now the dickhead wants it back. Looking at the sky it looks like Catch A Wave is going to get wet before it gets where it's going. ( It will be fresh water )
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 12:37:06 PM »
Thank you Buzz. Have a safe trip !

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal