New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 vision msverify comm error  (Read 16538 times)

Offline brianfink

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: S2000 vision msverify comm error
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 11:24:47 AM »
I don't know of any way to test it but, if you have a regular s2000 with no bonus game, I would swap them out as they don't require it, unless you are using titto or have a bonus game, just to rule it out. You might also try a netplex auto config if you can get into the operator menu or a clear.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 11:37:08 AM »
Thanks Brian. It was a 5 reel missing the monitor as a D.D. Run. I changed the reel tray, button deck etc. to 3 reel, I/O cards and so on. Everything works in another machine so I guess its time to trade that WAP and see what happens. I did put regular chips in it and it plays as a S2000 but not a vision.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline FoRrHouse

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • FoRrHouse New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 01:57:02 PM »
When you changed from 5 reels to 3 reels, did you also change the harness from 5 reel to 3 reel.
You don't need to change the harness from 5 reel to a 3 reel, but you do need to put jumper plugs in the last 2 reel spots if you leave the 5 reel harness in.
Don't know if this is part of your problem, but thought i would try and rule another possible issue out  for you.

E~

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2015, 03:36:55 PM »
yes tray and harness. Got to be that WAP unit.

the rockin elvis

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2015, 05:42:13 PM »
When you switched from 5 to 3 reel did you put the 2 pin jumper on the harness behind the hopper?

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2015, 06:40:16 AM »
I used a 3 reel harness. What jumper pin behind the hopper? Please explain. I've heard of using a jumper for the 4th and 5th reel harness.

the rockin elvis

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2015, 09:14:20 AM »
This one, it should be bundled just above the power dist board

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2015, 10:16:06 AM »
OK this last bit was just plain dumbness. When I found the 3 grey wire plug not connected, I ran a continuity check back to where it plugs into the monitor. All was good. I plugged the wire into the WAP unit, but forgot the monitor. What a difference 1 plug makes. Working like a charm now. Thanks to everyone for the help.

the rockin elvis

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2015, 10:32:37 AM »
It's always the little things that kick our ass, lol
Like that midget gal in Vegas back in '89...

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2015, 10:39:30 AM »
It goes to show, that no matter how much you think you know. Something is going to fool you every now and then.

the rockin elvis

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2015, 02:55:58 PM »
 :rotfl: Glad you figured it out!
One time I was checking fuses wondering why I had no power?
Works a lot better when the machine is plugged into the wall socket!  :banghead:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2015, 05:53:42 PM »
This Slingo game must not have a lot of info. to process. 95 seconds from turning on to ready to play. Just like Munsters. When I got my first Pink Panther it took 7 min. 45 seconds to boot. Changed NJ version chip ti NV chip and now 2 min. 15 seconds to boot. I love these visions with the bonus play.

the rockin elvis

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2016, 12:31:15 PM »
haha! Found an old video I did hooking up a keyboard to the Vision topbox computer a few Thanksgivings ago...>>> http://youtu.be/f1v5ITvglHk
It was fun getting into the IGT Vision computer but I don't know how to use old dos commands...Lol

Do you happen to still have the pinouts for connecting the keyboard to vision LCD. I tried to look on the old site. I can't even find the search button there. Not sure if I needed to have a logon for the old site or not. Thanks!

Ian
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2016, 04:12:00 PM »
Ian, copy that quote and PM bunker. He might have unsubscribed to this thread

the rockin elvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2016, 07:24:24 AM »
"...hooking up a keyboard to the Vision topbox computer..."

OMG...it's been 6 years since I did that...I'll take a look around. :sherlock:

Okay update...>>> I cannot find that keyboard laying around.
I know I threw out a bunch of keyboards during the summer so it may have been trashed.
Presently searching through some of my Vision platform notes.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 07:45:43 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline ianmcneil68

• ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2016, 08:42:10 AM »
Thanks for taking a look around. Let me know if you come up with  anything.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2016, 09:44:30 AM »
Okay...the moderator of the Vision section here should move this to a new topic maybe starting from Reply #32?

I need to ask whether or not the keyboard you want to use Ian, has the 5-pin or 6-pin connector end?
I attached a couple of pictures below...>>>

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2016, 09:58:07 AM »
It's the 6 pin.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2016, 10:03:38 AM »
okay, I looked through my notes but couldn't find a whole lot more so I feel like I'm starting from scratch again...haha!
Basically 4 wires are needed to communicate with the topbox computer via your keyboard.
What we need now is the layout schematic drawing of the topbox computer circuit board...I had it once, gotta find it for ya.

Here's a picture that I had saved for the pin outs of the 6-pin DIN plug...>>>

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2016, 10:15:20 AM »
4 of your wires from the keyboard are going to go to 4 of the 5 pins on the topbox computer.
I remember making a 5-pin harness by cutting off the DIN plug on the keyboard and soldering 4 pins to the keyboard wiring but noting beforehand which colors went to which DIN pin first.

Which ones on the circuit board?...I don't know yet because I need a schematic of the circuit board....still looking.
I have a drawing somewhere...lol
One thing for sure, a multimeter will tell you which one of the 5 pins on the circuit board is shooting out 5+ volts.
Also, if you flip the board over, you'll be able to tell which pin is the one for common circuitry ground (-).
You'll know you'll have power when these two are connected - the keyboard's "Number Lock"  LED will light up.
As far as the key data and the clock wires, those ones will be 2 of the remaining eight board pins for them. UGH

Here's a photo I took of my topbox circuit board with the cover off.
You can see in the smaller rectangle box that IGT etched "KBD/MS" onto the circuit board...>>>
(Click on photo to enlarge if needed.)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:48:22 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal