New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 Bill validator issues  (Read 11667 times)

Offline DMC7126

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • DMC7126 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S2000 Bill validator issues
« on: April 03, 2015, 08:40:48 PM »
Greetings,

I had just purchased a IGT S2000 Cleopatra mechanical 5 reel, 9 line slot machine in early October. Everything works great on it except when I take out the cash box and/or the acceptor, the acceptor will not link up to the machine; it just flashes the blue ambulance on the faceplate. The box and the acceptor are seated correctly (it does it normal 4-5 second test cycle). I've tried turning off and on the the power, open and closing the main door to get it to light up and take bills. Is there something I've over looked, or is there another step to get it to take bills. (I've even accessed the main computer to check the setting and it shows the validator is set to on). Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 01:31:16 PM by Ron (r273) »

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: IGT S2000 Bill validator issues
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 08:51:15 PM »
Sounds like an issue with the cash box/cashcan linking to the head. Common when the gears on the cashcan start to wear. check the caskcan for any obvious issues (i.e. briken teeth, etc). Seller have any kind of warranty? Are they willing to help at all?
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline DMC7126

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 09:04:58 PM »
Not more than an hour ago I replaced once of the plastic wheels on the side of the carrier because one of the teeth was bent a bit (and would make an awful grinding sound where the teeth were meshing when it would go through the warm up cycle. I bought another unit off of eBay, mainly for that gear part. It is the same carrier with a validator. I put that unit in the machine, but it wouldn't link to the machine) I haven't checked the gears on the cash box itself to see if any of them are bent/broken. I believe there is a 1 year warranty on the parts when I bought the machine.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 10:32:17 PM »
If you have warranty I'd contact them and ask for replacement part.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 07:39:58 AM »
Cash door optics? They can be a pill sometimes.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 08:03:31 AM »
Try the netplex menu. Are you sure you have the same ID on new head?
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 10:17:05 AM »
Do you have credits on the machine? If you are over the bill limit you will get the blue ambulance until the credits go below the bill limit that is set on the machine.
Note: in order to change any limits there must be no(zero) credits on the machine.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 10:58:35 AM »
I don't know why I didn't think of this early, Buzz would kick my butt (then again, maybe he had something to do with me remembering now!)...

Remove the cash can and look inside the housing where it goes. At the back on the bottom/floor, there are 2 little "skis"/lifts. Take a screwdriver and GENTLY, very gently, lift those little skis up a tad. These are what lifts the cash can to engage it to the bottom of the validator. Reinstall your original validator and see what you get. :wave:

Offline DMC7126

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 04:59:14 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try the trick with the lifts at the bottom on the cash can. I'll try the auto configure in the netplex menu and see if it does anything too.

I do have credits in the machine but it's not much. I've changed the credit limit and jackpot payout shortly after I got the machine so it doesn't print a ticket after a 500 credit win. I haven't changed the head on the validator; its the same one that came with the machine. It worked just fine when I got it; its just the past month it's been giving me a headache. Everything else work just great; just have to change some reel lights.

Offline DMC7126

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 02:10:56 PM »
I checked the 2 lifts on the bottom of the cash box, and they look ok. I tried moving them with a  screwdriver, it they did not budge so I'm not going to take that any further. I  did the auto configure in the netplex menu and the validator goes through its normal 3-4 second test cycle,  but nothing changes (it still flashes the blue ambulance) I took both the can and validator out and reseated them numerous times and still nothing. When I take out the validator and push it back it, the screen on the door says "bill validator comm failure", but still does its test cycle and the machine plays just fine with credits I have on there. With the "comm failure", does this mean the validator crapped out? (I also check the wiring to the validator, and everything is nice and tight.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 02:58:13 PM »
At this point, since everything is seeming to check out ok, it is looking like possibly the bill validator head or transport may be at fault. Since you have a warranty, I would suggest you contact the seller, as I'm sure they have a tested BV they can send you.

(We never got an answer from you as to HOW MANY credits you had on the machine? Like mentioned earlier, could you be over a limit? There is a limit in the settings that will not allow more bills to be accepted when it reached a certain credit amount.)

Offline DMC7126

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 03:02:32 PM »
As of now, I have about 3000 credits in the machine, but I've had upwards of about 6000 in there with no issues

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 09:25:13 PM »
That is relatively high....I tend to thin Now that a bill limit is set somewhat lower. Have you checked it in the settings? You can look "but not touch", in the program.

Why dont you want to contact the seller? Was it a shitty ending or what? Most customer come back with any little question they have...it's almost expected...

Offline DMC7126

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 01:37:03 AM »
I am going to contact the seller this afternoon when I'm done with work. I just wanted to see first if it was something simple that I could take care of first

Offline brianfink

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 09:38:38 AM »
Just curios when you removed the acceptor did you open it up and check inside the transport? There could be a bill crinkled up inside or a piece of paper blocking one of the sensors. I would open up and check the head as well. 

Offline DMC7126

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 01:00:06 PM »
I called the place where I got the machine from and FIXED the issue. After being walked through some on the interesting programming in the computer, turns out (and a big thanks to CVSLOTS!) the credits were too near the maximum setting in the validator. The tech I spoke with had said that most of the validators have a max setting at 3000 credits, and when it approaches that limit, it will shut down until the credits run down. All I did was cash out what I had on the screen and it came back on! To all those that had posted suggestions and tips, I heartily thank you for them. Since this is my first (of hope to have a least a few more in the future) machine, I'm still learning the tricks of the trade; but I like to learn something new. Thanks again to everyone!

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 06:05:10 PM »
Awesome! Glad to hear you got it working. The limits are not actually set in the validator, they are on the menu settings. If you'd like to bump that up, say to $9,999, we can help you do that. You will need a Key chip though, no biggie.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal