New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Wild Cherry Bonus Pie - new install problem(s)  (Read 3864 times)

Offline deanwaters

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • deanwaters New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Wild Cherry Bonus Pie - new install problem(s)
« on: March 29, 2014, 08:15:36 AM »
Greetings everyone!

Well, I just added a beautiful IGT S2000 Wild Cherry Bounus Pie to my collection.  This is the one with the display screen where players fill the pie on the screen with cherries to trigger a bonus payout.  It is a slant-top machine that came from the Bellagio.  When I bought it, it played perfectly.  I think I screwed it up in transit.  To be fair, it did get jostled around more than I'd otherwise like to admit.

Anyway, now when I power it up, it does many strange and unusual things.  Oh boy, how to describe..... here goes:
It would run through the self tests and then the screen would come on with "COM Link Failure", "Main Door Open", and "Bill Door Open" messages.  The dot matrix display would rapidly go between "CALL ATTENDANT", "Video display comm failure", "DOOR OPEN M", and "DOOR OPEN MB" messages.  THEN..... after checking the connections and several reboots, it just went to "CALL ATTENDANT", and "SYSTEM ERROR".  Turning the reset key changed the message to something about an event log being full and to press the test button for "2-3 seconds" to clear it which I did.  GREAT! (sort of).  On the next reboot, the messages about the video comm link went away and the only message was about Main Door Open - for about 4 minutes.  Now it's back to the Main Door, Bill Door, and Video Comm. 

Wild guess here.  Wondering if I screwed up a board while moving the machine.  Not sure where to go next...  Ideas?

Thanks for your time and thanks for reading!!!!

Dean
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 06:28:20 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Wild Cherry Bonus Pie - new install problem(s)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 10:52:42 AM »
I would start by checking thoroughly to make sure nothing, like coins for example, could have been floating around inside the machine during transit, then I would pull and reseat the MPU board and finally I would check door optics alignment to make sure the door is showing closed when it should. Of course, as far as the door open MB, make sure your cash box is seated correctly and the door to it is closed also. This is what I'd start with anyway...

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 04:37:23 PM »
When you remove your board tray, check the GREEN Varta battery. This sometimes goes bad and leaks messing up the board. Make sure your door is latched all the way down. That is how the door optics see each other. You can put a piece of tape on the outside of the door and one on the cabinet and make a pencil mark where they are. Then close the door to see if they line up. As far as your cashbox, open the door and you will see a switch on it. Remove the 2 wires and put them together and it is bypassed. No more worries from it. Normal start up on vision machines can be from 2 minutes to 7 minutes. Starts with waiting on video, app start, waiting on video again, reel spin, please wait then ready. And usually has computer lingo going across video monitor. Since you move the machine pretty sure something is just loose. The main power supply is behind the reels. Sometimes the screw is missing and it slides away some. Like Cowboy said check everywhere for coins stuck. They get in some bad places.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline deanwaters

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 04:49:09 PM »
Well I FINALLY got around to working on this machine again.  Thank you for your wonderful advice.  So here's where I'm at:  Same error conditions as before, but I have some more information.  The Main Door, Bill (front) Door, and top Door (where the video screen is) are all wired in tandem.  Thus when any of these doors is open, it would be reported as a Main Door open.  So with that in mind, I went into the menu [4 Input Tests] section and checked the Main Door test. When all 3 doors are closed, the value of the Main Door input test oscillates between '0' and '1' at about half-second intervals.  That appears to be normal operation.  (My other IGT S2000's do the same thing when all all doors are closed and the machine is playing normally).  When any of the doors are opened, the display changes to either a '0' or a '1' (can't remember off the top of my head which) and doesn't change.  So, what this is telling me is that the door optics are aligned and working.  It also tells me that the switches on the Bill Door and the Top Door are also registering properly.  There is a Bill Door input test display under the same [4 Input Tests] menu.  This seems to be for the internal validator cash-can door.  If oscillates between the '0' and '1' always, regardless if the inside bill validator cash-can door is open or closed.  The switch for that door has probably been bypassed already.   Net-net is all the [4 Input Tests] seem to be passing muster, and the machine matrix display and video display still give errors for Main Door Open and Bill Door Open. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 01:43:22 AM »
Did you check that "GREEN" battery? There is a Trace under it that gives this error. Some can repair this trace boy it is very small and requires great soldering skill. I have had Boards go bad giving the same errors when they test good. Try a board from your other machine. If it powers up then you know.

the rockin elvis

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 10:55:06 AM »
Dean  Do you happen to live around Portland, OR, and bought this machine from Ron or Skip ??   
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline deanwaters

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 04:49:39 PM »
Well Buzz, as a matter of fact I do live in Portland.  I bought the machine from a fellow who owns a chain of mattress stores.  Super nice guy. Don't remember his name off the top of my head.  I've got it written down somewhere.  Machine worked great when I picked it up.  Worked great when I got it home.  I borked it when I moved it into position in the corner of the room.

Do you know this machine or the history of it?  It's beautiful.  It's from the Bellagio and has the nice marble-esque formica on it with the gold trim.  Not a scratch on it.......I just wish it worked (again).

Offline deanwaters

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 05:03:32 PM »
Question:  Can I take the main board from one of my other S2000's and put it into this Wild Cherry machine without screwing things up (or rather, screwing things up even more)?

I don't necessarily want to pull the game and reel chips from any of the boards (yet).  Ideally, I'd simply take the board from an S2000 Triple Gold Bars machine and plop it into the Wild Cherry Bonus Pie machine and see if the door errors go away.  There are two main differences between those two S2000's:
1) One is a sit-down slant-top machine, the other is an upright.
2) One has the video display monitor as part of the game.  The other one doesn't

All I really want to do is see if changing the board makes a difference.  What I don't want to do is screw up the game or settings on the (working) other machine.  I might go from one dead machine to two dead machines if I screw this up.

Thanks
D

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 05:29:09 PM »
I have never messed with a sit down machine. I have read that they have 3 door sensors and that all doors have to be closed. Wanting to say a top and bottom door??? And the BV door. I know upright's have the belly and the door. Since it worked before you moved it something is out of alignment. If the BV door still has the wires to the switch, cut them and splice them together with a wire nut or tape. Do the same with the bottom switch since I think it has the same roller type switch. You tested the door optics, so it must be one of the others. When my trace under the green battery went bad the machine would stop during play and other times would not boot up at all and sometime when left on for a while would start working. After changing the board not a problem since. I am pretty sure that you can use you board from other machine except you will have to unplug the video so it doesn't try to find it. It would have protocol issues trying to use regular sg and sb chips with the vision plugged in. You will have to turn key a couple times then push button to get past error. Putting the board back in other machine won't change anything except any credits will be lost. Wait till tomorrow to see if someone else chimes in, in case I'm wrong. If it were mine I would try it. But then again I would change the chips also. Hope this helps.

the rockin elvis

Offline deanwaters

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 07:23:12 PM »
Well there's certainly corrosion on the green battery on one side.  Can't tell if the corrosion goes below the battery onto the board.  I see replacement boards on eBay and one of them in particular shows a board with the green NiCad battery removed.  The listing states that the NiCad BT2 battery has been removed (on purpose) and isn't needed for home use.  Really?  If that's the case then yippie skippy!  I don't know that that battery is for and if I can live without it, so much the better.

Anyone know what that battery does (and if I need it)?

Thanks

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 08:42:31 PM »
On the 500 series boards it's for telltale stuff. On the 1270, it's required for operation

Offline Buzz

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 09:03:53 PM »
Dean  Three or four years ago I hauled a 40' Trailer completely full of furniture and about twenty slot machines from Southern CA to OR I think the Town I went to was Forest Grove. Anyway one of our members Ashyron and his Brother were the owners of everything and they had a Cherry Pie that fits the description of the same machine you have. They had two really clean  slant tops from the Bellagio, Cherry Pie and it seems like the other one had something to do with Balloons in the bonus round.

Ron posted a couple of years ago and said they were still not playing the machines. It's been 3/4 years so I think I would check the coin battery, anything below 2.8 volts you will need to change it.

Now I don't know from beans about Vision machines, but I think before you start switching boards around you should have a clear and key chip on hand for just in case..
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline deanwaters

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 06:14:54 PM »
FIXED!   Got a new main motherboard (with the green battery removed!).  Did the chip swap.  Put in the new board.  It's happy as a clam.

Thanks all!
Dean

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal