New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 question  (Read 11676 times)

Offline Clawsino

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Clawsino New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S2000 question
« on: January 19, 2016, 08:46:43 PM »
Hey guys, just got my first S2000 machine, I've had several S+ machines before this and know quite a bit about the S+ but am new to the S2000. My machine is currently running coinless, I'm curious what it would take to get this thing to take coins again. I know the obvious ones, hopper, coin comparitor, coin slot, but is there anything else I would need? Any settings I would have to change? Also when I turn the machine on and the door is closed it looks as if its ready to go, the bill acceptor however is flashing the little ambulance icon. I made sure the cash door was closed, pulled out the BV and tried cleaning, reseating the cash box and it still flashes the ambulance. Any ideas? All help is appreciated. Thanks

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S2000 question
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 09:21:54 PM »
Nothing other than the things you mentioned to make it a coin machine and a key chip to change it from coinless. (Also a coin chute)
As far as the blue ambulance, could be the limits are not set correctly or you may have too many credits on the machine.
Check the bill limit setting under machine options.
Note if there are any credits on the machine you will not be able to change the limits but you can see what they are set at. Cash must be at $0.00 to be able to set the limits.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 09:18:06 AM »
Credit are at 0 and because its coinless there is no way to play without the bv working. How can I set the limits on it?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 09:44:31 AM »
Good point. OK so you said you just got this machine. Did the bill validator ever work since you owned it?
What P/N validator is it. I take it cash box is seated cash door is closed and no errors are listed on the vfd.
Still need to check the bill limit. If it is set to $0 it will not accept bills. A little history on the machine would help IE ebay, Craig's list or dealer purchased.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 09:50:33 AM »
open door, press button on CPU board once, machine should now be in the diagnostic mode, the cash out and service button should be lit, the spin reels should be lit and the bet max should be lit. you should see the first menu item in the display " account information"  press the bet 1 button to get to the next menu, press it again, you should now see "machine options"  now press the spin button to get into that menu, now us the bet 1 button to scroll down through the options,  when you get to "limits" use the spin to select , now use the bet 1 to select which you want to change, hopper limit, jackpot limit, bill limit, and credit limit.  when you pick the one you want hit the spin button that should give you a underscore line which is moveable using the service button, move it to the digit you want to change, now use the bet 1 to advance the digit to where you want it.  play around with these and you will get the hang of it.  when you are finished press the bet max button three times and it will return you back to the game. 

to put coin back onto the machine you will need the following:  coin head and coin comp. bracket and two long screws, coin comp assembly:  which has the following :coin comp 13 vdc, coin optics (for the coin you want to use,) four plastic holders, solenoid assembly, and the harness to connect to the machine, coin comp and solenoid. the coin chute that attaches to the metal frame ( or there is a type that is attached to the coin comp assembly)  hopper ,set to the denomination you want , possibly a hopper mounting plate which has the bracket attached to it and  two special screws to attach the hopper plug to the bracket, probably will have to remove the blank plate where the coins are dispensed, and you will need a coin tray if all you have is a flat plate. you will also need a key chip  and a clear chip,  the clear is nice to have but not necessary to  key machine.     I have all these parts available.

Hope this Helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 10:45:07 AM »
The machine was purchased from Craigslist locally. The previous owner got it as a trade and had never used it. I'm assuming he couldn't get it to work either. The bv itself is a wba 12/13 I beleive. I will check when I get home and try out Jims suggestions and report back. Thanks for the help

Offline jonm287

• Reputation Power: 12
  • jonm287 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 10:50:25 AM »
Just out of curiosity, have you tried inserting a bill to see if it pulls? Sometimes those sentry bezels glitch and get stuck flashing just the ambulance when the BV is working fine.

Also, does the machine say it's a WBA 12?  Go into accounting->program version accounting and scroll through, 2 or 3 times to where it'll show you the BV information.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 11:20:48 AM »
forgot this, go to the I/O test  #4    4.3    auto config netplex devices,   run this, this will show if the device is installed and the bill unit should cycle when this is run.   also,  since your in another country, you have to be sure what currency it is programmed for!

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 05:58:26 PM »
forgot this, go to the I/O test  #4    4.3    auto config netplex devices,   run this, this will show if the device is installed and the bill unit should cycle when this is run.   also,  since your in another country, you have to be sure what currency it is programmed for!

Ok so I did this and its telling me that the printer is not responding but the bill acceptor is installed. When I turned on the machine this time it was flashing "meter disconnected, call attendant" on the display, and now the red slashed circle icon is lit on the bv display as well.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 08:14:35 PM »
Did you try lifting and lowering the door latch a few times?
Give it about five seconds up  then five seconds down. Do this a number of times and see if anything changes.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 08:50:39 PM »
Did you check the voltage of the coin battery it should be 2.9V or higher.
Can you post a picture of the game itself? It's not a progressive is it?
Also snap a picture of the MPU board so we can take a look.
Thanks
Rich

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 09:58:48 PM »
I tried the latch thing and got no change. Here is a few pictures of the machine. I'll check battery voltage in a few mins.

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 10:47:58 PM »
So it looks like theres 2 batteries on this board? The one coin battery was 2.8V and the other big green one was 2.1V. Could the green one be dying? It says 3.6V on it.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 05:43:18 AM »
The larger green varta battery should be removed. It is not needed for home use and it will leak alkali ruining small traces on the board that are near it's location. The symptoms of damage will be the door switch will not work. If you notice leakage has been happening already you should carefully remove it and clean the area with a mild vinegar and water solution.
Do you have any evidence that the door optics are working? IE: does the VFD flash when you lift and lower the handle? You can also confirm operation in section 4.1.3 'processor input test'. Toggle to main door and at that point when you close the door and put the door handle down the VFD should show alternating zeros and ones. ( get to this test area the same way you did the auto configure netplex)
The door uses the same optics as your S+ machines.
Other things to check:
Check for bent pins on the MPU plug and the I/O cards on the door and the cabinet.
Reseat all connections to the backplane board.
You should probably think about purchasing a clear 224 and a key 45 chip. ( other chip numbers will work but these are the latest). You will need them at some point.
Hope this helps.
Rich

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 08:20:39 AM »
If I remove the battery do I replace it with anything? It hasn't started leaking yet but the voltage is quite low. My door switch is still working, most of the time the display flashes when I open and close

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 08:31:35 AM »
Since you have never worked on a S-2000,  lets start over. with the door open, when you turn on the machine what lights are visible on the cpu board?  did you try and do the  door optics test as was suggested?  this is important, just like an S+, if this doesn't work your machine will not work.  there is also a cash can switch that has to be bypassed , just like the S+.  your battery voltage(coin battery)  is ok for now,  actually the machine will boot up with no coin battery installed. you can get into the machine tests and test alot of items, but the machine will never go beyond the initialization step. 

Just saw your post:  don't remove the green battery for now, lets get the machine working first.  the door optic has to work ALL the time, so when you are in that test wiggle the door and see what happens , if the signal drops out you have to correct this before you do anything!, it has adjustments just like the S+, on some machines there is a belly door switch (upper left hand corner ) it should be bypassed as well.   

Jim 

Signature:

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 08:54:32 AM »
Jim,
Based on the info he gave it looks like the door switch is working correctly. I agree remove varta battery after we get it up.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 09:10:25 AM »
I was concerned when he said " it works most of the time"   it has to work all the time.

Signature:

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 09:58:58 AM »
What I meant was when I was opening closing trying to clear the error it seemed to work when I waited 5 seconds, but when I opened and closed immediately it didn't seem to do anything on the display

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 10:40:53 AM »
The one coin battery was 2.8V....

I would STRONGLY suggest replacing this battery. We've seen wacky, false errors at 2.86v. I realize it's borderline, but why chase your tail?
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal