New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 question  (Read 11679 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 266
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S2000 question
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 10:46:33 AM »
Just to rule this out, did you try reseating the entire WBA unit? I had the "red error" on one of my machines and by releasing and reseating it, the problem went away when I shoved it back in. Just hold down on the metal "dowel" and pull the metal tab below it toward you and the entire unit should slide out.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 03:44:25 PM »
did you check the limits??   did you check the bill acceptor information in the accounting information??? did the bill unit cycle after the auto config ???does the bill unit run its purge cycle on power up??    here is a test you can run to see if the bill acceptor is good.   do this with the power to the machine on.

remove transport from machine, remove cash can from machine.  on the left side of the bill unit there are 8 switches, all should be off.  now turn switch 1-2-3 and 8 on,  all others off,  put back in machine, now turn switch 8  off (with the unit still in the machine and hooked up to the connector) the unit should cycle briefly. now you can insert bill into the unit, if the unit is good it will accept them and deposit them into the area where the cash can should be.  you should be able to run a bunch of bills through the unit, if it does this then the unit is good, that being said, this will not test what IDO the bill acceptor  is set for. that information is derived from the account information.  return all switches to the off position and reinstall the transport and cash can.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Clawsino

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Clawsino New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 05:48:32 PM »
did you check the limits??   did you check the bill acceptor information in the accounting information??? did the bill unit cycle after the auto config ???does the bill unit run its purge cycle on power up??    here is a test you can run to see if the bill acceptor is good.   do this with the power to the machine on.

remove transport from machine, remove cash can from machine.  on the left side of the bill unit there are 8 switches, all should be off.  now turn switch 1-2-3 and 8 on,  all others off,  put back in machine, now turn switch 8  off (with the unit still in the machine and hooked up to the connector) the unit should cycle briefly. now you can insert bill into the unit, if the unit is good it will accept them and deposit them into the area where the cash can should be.  you should be able to run a bunch of bills through the unit, if it does this then the unit is good, that being said, this will not test what IDO the bill acceptor  is set for. that information is derived from the account information.  return all switches to the off position and reinstall the transport and cash can.

Jim

I did check the limits and most of them were set to $1000 so that should be ok. The unit does cycle when I power up the machine and I did your test. I was able to put all my  American bills into and it accepted them no problem. The BV is also enabled in the settings. I checked my battery voltage again today and it's more specifically 2.76V. Is this a standard coin battery or is it something more specific?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 06:23:58 PM »
The coin battery definitely needs to be replaced. 2.76V is way too low. You will be chasing your tail with errors. If you want to replace in kind IE: soldier in a replacement it is a BR2330 3V lithium. You can also soldier in a coin battery holder like on computer mother boards and use a CR2032. In that way replacement is very easy. Just make sure you get the polarity correct. Positive is on the outside edge of the board.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 07:08:11 PM »
did you get the information from the account information?? this is critical, it will tell you if the unit is flashed for your machine, in your case it should say IDO24  V3.80  if its not the same then it won't come on line!

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2016, 07:12:42 PM »
did you get the information from the account information?? this is critical, it will tell you if the unit is flashed for your machine, in your case it should say IDO24  V3.80  if its not the same then it won't come on line!

Accounting information says WBA 12/13 024 V3.80-34. I'm still getting this meter disconnected issue too. could it be the battery voltage is too low?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2016, 07:26:34 PM »
the battery has to be replaced at some point, so you might as well do it now.  mouser electronics sells the battery holder  and battery,  the meter disconnected could be true,  most machines did have a set of meters, some had them located underneath the on'off switch, others were down on the side wall behind the cash can metal housing, if the meter cable is disconnected, then you get the prompt, some people disconnect them so they don't hear the clicking noise, but if you disconnect them you have to short two wires together to fool the machine, or use a factory jumper.

Signature:

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 08:14:26 PM »
Battery is still an issue you must change that, it will throw phantom errors that you will never find.
If you still have meters disconnected error I'm leaning toward a bad cabinet I/O card. Take a look at the information below provided by Foster. It shows what devices are controlled by part. Senet, Netplex, They are two different paths.
You are having Netplex-
printer problems and Senet-door I/O problems / Meter.
 Errors like these are the type of crap that goes on when the battery is low.
Change out the battery and then lets see what you got. If the meter disconnected still comes up and they are connected replace the cabinet I/O.

Here is a list for basic S2000
SENET:
  Door I/O cards 1 or 2 cards depending on Config
    All player buttons
    Comparator
    Coin in Optics
    Coin path solenoid either to hopper or drop bucket in stand
    Player Display 5-5-2 or 6-6-3 denom touch pad has its interface chips on the 6-6-3
    Display on left side of reels (4 line display or 9 line display)
    5 line light box
    Jumper in door harness to signal mpu it is an upright.

Cabinet I/O
    Hopper
    Bell
    Jackpot to credits reset switch (for W-2G purposes)
    Physical Accounting Meters
    Handle solenoid and switch    Candle
    Reel Back Light Controller
    Elvis jumper

Top Box
    Mini Progressive display 7-segment version

NETPLEX:
   Bill Acceptor
   Printer(s)  there is a provision for 2 but voucher/ticket printer always is printer 2
   VFD
   Spectrum Progressive display
   Bonus device
   Aux Dot Matrix Display
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2016, 09:57:27 PM »
Ok, thanks a lot for your help guys. I'm going to see if I can get a coin battery holder after work tomorrow and start by changing the battery and take it from there. I want to get this thing going and then convert it back to coins. I guess I will lose the multi-denomination if I do that tho right? I'd like to get the printer going as well, but it looks like its missing its power supply. Jim I will probably have to hit you up for some parts in the near future, once I figure out what I need.

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2016, 10:38:33 PM »
UPDATE!! So I cleaned the BV quite good and was looking at the candle and there was no light. I started playing with the bulbs and it lit up. Once i closed the door the machine was good to go again, and now even the BV works! I'm so excited! Thanks again guys, and jim you'll hear from me soon to get this thing coined again.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2016, 10:54:49 PM »
I want to get this thing going and then convert it back to coins. I guess I will lose the multi-denomination if I do that tho right?

You can keep multi-denom with coin. But you probably don't want quarters with those denoms of $1,$2,$5 and $10 currently on the machine. It would be a PITA.

BTW .. You can get a WBA head and updated firmware for CAN bills if you wanted. I am not sure of the latest version but I think it is possible to accept some of the poly bills. I don't have any poly bills to test.

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 06:13:14 PM »
I want to get this thing going and then convert it back to coins. I guess I will lose the multi-denomination if I do that tho right?

You can keep multi-denom with coin. But you probably don't want quarters with those denoms of $1,$2,$5 and $10 currently on the machine. It would be a PITA.

BTW .. You can get a WBA head and updated firmware for CAN bills if you wanted. I am not sure of the latest version but I think it is possible to accept some of the poly bills. I don't have any poly bills to test.

So your saying that if I changed it to 0.05, 0.25, 0.50, $1 and ran it on quarters I could still keep the multi denomination? Playing at 50cents would be like betting 2 quarters per credit? I would also love to change the BV to accept Canadian poly bills. That would be deluxe! Is there anyone on here that has done that on an s2000?

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2016, 07:42:00 PM »
Plugged the machine back in today and got the meters disconnected again. I'm getting no lights on the candle, even when the door is open. Going to work on changing the battery this weekend, hopefully that is the issue

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 08:50:49 PM »
Seems to be intermittent so I'm thinking its gotta be the battery. I left it plugged in for awhile and tried the door periodically and eventually the candle light came on and I was able to play again.

Offline brianfink

• Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2016, 08:23:02 AM »
With the meter disconnected error have you tried reseating the cabinet I/O card that sits on the side of the MPU card cage (turn power off)? As for the new Canadian bills I think WBA can only accept some of them. You would have to update to a UBA to accept all new bills.

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2016, 08:35:07 PM »
I'll give that a try next time. Seems to be and intermittent error. If I leave the machine plugged in and on for awhile eventually the candle will start flashing and then I open and close the door and I'm good to go. Any ideas on why my ticket printer isnt working? It looked as if it wasnt connected to power, but the buttons light up and it will feed the ticket if I press the button. When I try to cash out it goes to hand pay tho

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2016, 10:02:18 PM »
Sounds like your limits are set for Handpay only. That's no biggie. If printer feeds a ticket, then it should be an easy change to get it to print a ticket.

FIRST off, we need the machine to be working 100% before we start "fixing" anything else. Have you reseated that door I/O? That takes about 5 seconds to do...the I/O card looks like this and is located on the inside of the main door...

Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Clawsino

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2016, 10:36:51 PM »
Ya I've done that.Machine is currently up and running. I can put American bills into it and play. Cashout goes to hand pay tho. Printer looks to be on and has paper in it

Offline brianfink

• Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2016, 06:51:40 AM »
If your limits are all OK, and you are not getting a printer error, I would go to (7 key chip), key chip config 2, printer, enable/disable, if printer is disabled, you will need a key 45 or 17 to turn the printer on.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2016, 08:45:04 AM »
if your printer is plugged in and you can get  it to advance a ticket, you should be able to get it to  print a demo ticket. if you can do this then your printer is enabled, you have a different problem as to why it doesn't print out a ticket.

as for the candle and machine  not coming on immediately, you might have a power supply problem, if the fluorescent lamps come on then the +25vdc is good, probably the 13vdc or the +5 power on signal is not there until the power supply is on for a while. all this can be verified with a meter. the two voltages can be monitored up on the power distribution board in the top box, the 5 vdc signal can be measured at the plug from the power supply that plugs into the motherboard.

Jim 

Signature:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal