New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need a S2000 Refresher Course..  (Read 6540 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Need a S2000 Refresher Course..
« on: February 01, 2016, 02:37:47 PM »
Picked up a few S2000 machines, and it's been a few years since I had to do a Key & Clear on them.. I use to have a print out of the procedure, but can't find it. The battery's were totally dead on the MPU's. So I replaced the coin battery's, the green battery's had been removed from the boards.. After reinstalling the MPU, the ram error alarm sounded, turned the reset key 4 times, then held the white MPU button in for 3-5 seconds.. Now here's my problem.. Display says to close door, but when closed nothing else happens? I first thought was optics, but when the same thing happen on the second machine I changed my mind.. I was wondering since these machines battery's were totally dead, do I need to do a clear or Key, or worse a new MPU?  :Scratch-Head:

Thanks, Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Need a S2000 Refresher Course..
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 02:45:09 PM »
Unlikely you failed at the ram or key procedure. The 50x series boards are prone to corrosion on the door trace. If the alarm noise or the door open message is displayed with the door closed are reasons to believe it is a board problem.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 03:07:26 PM »
Well I have not tried to Clear or Key the machines yet. I just changed the dead coin battery's and tried to fire them up... 
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 03:15:34 PM »
Did the alarm noise sound or the door open message stay displayed with the door closed? If so then I would believe that there is a board issue with or without completing a ram or key operation.

Offline Denny

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Denny New User barely matters.Denny New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • www.designhse.wix.com/designhouse
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 03:21:24 PM »
You may want to try a clear and key.  Sounds like you are not getting past "Close Door" or getting to "Call Attendant"
Here is sequence for clear
S2000 RAM CLEAR_KEY SETUP Revised.pdf  in the S2000 forum.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 03:32:02 PM »
Did the alarm noise sound or the door open message stay displayed with the door closed? If so then I would believe that there is a board issue with or without completing a ram or key operation.
Sorry.. I'm not getting past the close door message. That's staying in the display. I even tried opening and closing the door and latch a few times to see if any error messages were stacked up..
And remember...

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 03:39:32 PM »
Do you have a know working board to try?

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 03:44:24 PM »
My money is on bad boards from varta corrosion.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 04:38:25 PM »
I have found my old programming cheat sheets. I also found 3 spare boards. Ones marked door open error, the other two are clean but no message on condition. I hopefully bough good spares and never needed them. The green varta battery's were cut off these machines boards when I got them. They were put away working but I did find a very small amount of acid on the boards. They were given a vinagar bath and cleaned with a tooth brush. Blown off with my compressor, then air dried for 24 hrs before testing. Looks like I'm in the market for a few more boards.. Anyone?
And remember...

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 05:21:11 PM »
I have 6 bad boards myself. I have been holding them hoping an easy fix is found. Place a WTB in classified or check with Steve (BUYBEST)

the rockin elvis

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 05:50:38 PM »
I have 6 bad boards myself. I have been holding them hoping an easy fix is found. Place a WTB in classified or check with Steve (BUYBEST)
You lost me.. Steve who?
And remember...

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 06:17:18 PM »
His name on here is BUYBEST

the rockin elvis

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 06:27:01 PM »
His name on here is BUYBEST

:duh: :duh:   Thanks...   :hail:
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 06:38:39 PM »
You may want to try a clear and key.  Sounds like you are not getting past "Close Door" or getting to "Call Attendant"
Here is sequence for clear
S2000 RAM CLEAR_KEY SETUP Revised.pdf  in the S2000 forum.

Hey Denny.. Could you copy and paste a link to the Revised pdf you mentioned above? For some reason when I do it, I end right back here at this post?
Gary
And remember...

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 06:45:18 PM »
click Forum Topics. Scroll down to S2000 and Vision and click. scroll down in "How To Guide" to "Key chip and Clear". I doubt clearing will help you. You will just have more to do once you replace the board.

the rockin elvis

Offline brianfink

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • brianfink New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 06:47:13 PM »
If you don't have a board that you know is good you might try bypassing the door optics, that way you would know sore all of those boards are really bad. But also check the belly door switch first, and there is a plug behind reel 1 that has 2 wires red/green that I have found unplugged on a couple of machines before.   

Offline Denny

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 06:55:05 PM »
Yeah, just follow what Elvis posted and go to the forum topics for S2000.  Also, what boards do you have 502 or 504 ?  I will have to see what I have around.  I will be posting some S2000 for sale shortly, but will check to see if I have other good boards.  Some say use 224 clear chip, I have always used a 97 and then a 45 key, but I guess a 224 clear will work too.  Let me know what boards you have?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 07:45:09 PM »
Denny, I believe they were all 502 boards, but is be interested in an 504 boards too.
And remember...

Offline Denny

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 08:40:08 PM »
PM sent

Offline Denny

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 07:00:01 PM »
OK Gary, as in my PM, I found a few 504 boards.  They checked out here OK I soldered a battery button holder on one and will send it to you along with a few screws and a sheet showing how to run a clear and setup.  Put in a new battery and try it out and see if it works, if it does keep it !   If not let me know and we will go from there.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal