New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Barcrest Phoenix Gold  (Read 10957 times)

Offline scratchee35

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Barcrest Phoenix Gold
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 06:49:13 AM »
i was not able to work on it yesterday and probably cant today either....work sometimes gets in the way of my slots

here is what i had last...the machine acts just like it did before i sent it away...ive cleared the machine 8 times, reseated the green board many times, unplugged the fuse at the top..tried to autoconfig netplex...basically, im trying to redo exactly what bill had done when he received my board...it was not working correctly in his machine when he first got it, and after swapping boards, unplugging the fuse, clearing the machine, etc, my board worked in his machine

my next move either tonight or tomorrow, is, i will swap out an enhanced board from a different machine and see if that will make any difference...i doubt it will but im really getting irritated at this...it has to be something silly...as the machine works great..it talks, spins, plays music, everything except for the bonus round center and amount won and the 7 segment led's on the right and left....they work, as i can get them to light up in the test mode

i really appreciate any help you or anyone else can give...this will be a very sweet machine for my collection if/when i get it up n running...otherwise, its gonna be parted out...i have a normal sized round top that is the same color as the base that i can make use of the machine again so i wont be out of total money 

thanks!!!

Steve

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 07:06:41 AM »
Have you checked all the plugs/pins in the harness between the bonus game backplane and the lower cabinet motherboard? Checked for faulty wires in the harness? Pulled the motherboard out to see if it has anything wrong with it or stuck behind it? Removed the varta battery and U16 from the MPU?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 07:09:26 AM »
And confirmed with the guy that tested it that you have the same software set in your game that he does? If all else fails you might check to see if you can get your hands on a replacement set of MPU software, SB, SG and VS chip

Offline scratchee35

• scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.scratchee35 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 07:29:50 AM »
i swapped enhanced boards..did a complete 2 chip clear *ivc224 and 45* on the replacement board...exact same issues...

i have not confirmed the software match, i had thought about it but forgot to ask...ill see if he can look this afternoon...

i have 2 completely new harnesses on the top, there are only 2 upstairs...the lower power supply feeds the upper power supply by molex connector where the top and bottom meet in the corner...from the top power supply, it goes to the distritubion board...a harness from the distro board to the bonus board...i have replaced both power supplies

i have not removed the varta battery from the board...i have not been brave enough to do this with any of my enhanced boards that ive had now or in the past...ive not removed the motherboard because the machine works except for the bonus lights...

ive unplugged and replugged every molex connector on the motherboard..everything seems to be tight and locked onto the board...

very frustrating!!

please keep suggesting...i really dont want to have to part this thing out

thanks!!!

Steve

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 08:15:50 AM »
I really believe it's an issue in the lower cabinet as your board worked in his machine. Him having to clear it to get it working isn't a surprise or unusual, the machine new something was different. You might also check that your board is the same as his. If they were made in different production years the electronics on them could be different

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 01:08:19 PM »
we have a difference in software...here is what i have...sb101097...sg000577...vs11nx5...

the working machine has...sb101100...sg000378 and vs011gx1

not sure what differences there are as my listing does not show either one of the sb chips in it..

looking for software now to atleast install and possibly correct my issues

if i get the software but it doesnt fix the issue, do you think it would be a safe bet to swap top boxes with a different machine and do it that way to test the new bottom?

thanks!!!

Steve

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2016, 01:24:27 PM »
There maybe something to that.  I have listing for Phoenix Gold -Game Denom 5.00 (may be multi-denom)  SB101100  SG000390 DSV00132  Version -VS011GX1  You may just have the low denom chip-will delve into it and see. This is when it was installed at Hard Rock in 6/29/2007 and updated in 01//29/2008

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2016, 02:18:44 PM »
Hard to say for sure because it's an unusual problem and you've tried almost everything else. Sounds like we're all likely to learn something on this one, but I think you'll get it running

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2016, 02:41:26 PM »
it has a multi denom touch pad installed for $5 and $10..it worked until i did the clear and just havent wasted my time resetting the pad backup in the programming yet..ill do that once i get the top running...  my sb chip is 2005 and the sg's are 2007...dont know if that will make any difference or not...

am looking  to see if i can get the sb10111 and sg chips..i have everything else....

waiting...i hate waiting!!! lol

thanks!!!

S

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2016, 06:07:05 PM »
I would get rid of that NX new jersey chip for the GX version. Don't know about your machine but in Visions it takes 7 minutes to boot and the GX only 2 minutes.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline TODSZX

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • TODSZX New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2016, 07:45:13 PM »
Hi Steve,

Here's the photo of the chips in my Phoenix Gold:

Todd

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2016, 07:53:39 PM »
thanks todd for the pictures...it seems that my software is not right...3 ppl are telling me that your sb and sg are correct...mine is wrong...i do not have the software that  i need...i have the version chip, which i will swap out when im able to get the others

does anyone have a listing for what my sb chip is for? possibly another barcrest which would be a sister game to the phoenix gold?

im willing to pay top dollar, well, a matter of speaking, for the sb and sg software...if someone has it, please pm me

ill keep everyone posted as to the software status is

thanks!!!

Steve

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2016, 08:07:39 PM »
Your SB is for 3cBAP TDD Phoenix Gold  and has progressive support, that SB was Cancelled though (never seen worder that way before). SG is for that game Type, Yes it is a NJ Version Chip and I would think the SB is a NJ Specific one (common to have this), but not wrong one for that theme, now if it is supported by the newer SG's I can't tell you as IGT no longer has support for the Barcrest

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2016, 08:19:30 PM »
thank you for this info....it does makes sence...thats why all of the nudges up and down and payouts are correct...i think i would probably still be in better shape if i had all the correct software on the board that we know is a working combination, that will atleast rule out another possibility of this screwed up machine

push come to shove, if i cant get the software, ill still beable to swap bottoms to see if there might be some other issues with wire or motherboard in the current bottom...i really hate to do that but...

thanks again for all this info and ideas!!!

waiting for software now

Steve

Offline TODSZX

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2016, 07:07:28 PM »
Hey Steve,

The top section on my Phoenix Gold went out again and here's what I discovered and how I got it working again.
The first time was the top 2 wire connections in the main power supply behind the reels. they were burnt.
Cleaned them with fine sand paper and a dab of anti oxidizing grease and was fixed.

This time I found another connector under the reel section. this plug was marked "J3".
It was burnt like the first one.
Same fix. fine sand paper and anti oxidizing grease.

She's running with lights on......Yay.

I hope this fixes yours too.

See attached photos. Last photo shows another burnt plug but there weren't any connector for it.
Maybe we should keep a fire extinguisher handy........lol.
Later,

Todd

Offline TODSZX

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2016, 07:18:37 PM »
Here's some wiring photos that might help.
I was able to get into the top section and did some cleaning.

Found a 10 amp fuse in upper section and (2) 15 amp fuses in lower section.

Any thing else you might need Steve, just yell.
Later,

Todd

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2016, 08:33:06 PM »
great pictures todd...thanks...i just looked at my bottom power supply again..i see nothing that indicates any arcing or burning...i looked at the top power supply again also...the new wire harness that i had made look great...nothing that indicates an issue...im looking for "j3" but not sure where that is...i think its on the power distribution board? if so, thats in my uppper box because of the upper power supply also

i have a friend who is pretty sure that the software *sb and sg* are wrong in mine...you and bill *my friend who tested my green board i his machine* have the same sb and sg chips...unfortunately he is unable to get me the software due to a glitch in his new computer and op system

im still hoping that someone will atleast have sg so that i might be able to test with them instead of scrounging around for a different sb, but hell...at this point, ill try any!!!

ill look again at the wire and plugs and the j3...hopefully i missed something the first times of looking

ill keep you posted!!

thanks!!!

Steve

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2016, 04:55:18 AM »
The plug with the burn mark is 12vdc and 24vdc. Red 12+ red/black 12-, orange 24+ and orange/black 24-. Check your voltages there. Usually the first plug on the right has the supplied power to distribute to the rest inline. Someone may have plugged the supply line into the wrong position.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline scratchee35

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2016, 08:05:10 PM »
more bad news...i have replace both sg chips with 378, the version with the gx1 and i still have the same problem...no change at all...im still looking for the sb chip ...once i have that, i think i can rule out a enhanced board and software issue...

im confused about the last comment from therockinelvis....could i have that top distro box plugged in wrong?  i have one plug going to my power distro...its coming from the upper power supply...which is fed from the lower power supply...the upper goes to my distro board...from there there is one line for the fan and the other is for the actual bonus board its self...will it make a differnce where that plug is plugged into on the distro board? its just a normal 4 pin plug that will only fit in a certain way

wow..im sure that makes no sence at all....

any help on the plug?

thanks!!!

S

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2016, 08:16:50 PM »
If it fits you're good as long as there's power to the dist board and that socket. Check it with a meter

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal