New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Triple Bell Odds Changer  (Read 441 times)

Offline pinball777

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • pinball777 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Triple Bell Odds Changer
« on: December 28, 2023, 05:48:55 PM »
I just picked up a Bally Triple Bell, it was free except for the workout of taking it up a flight of stairs to get it outside and down a flight of stairs to get it to my truck. It needs a lot of minor work especially cleaning.  I started with the Odds Changer and it looks like one of wiper arms is missing and none of the wipers have contact pads on them, as you can see in the picture. Can anyone provide me a picture of what it’s suppose to like? I’m figuring I’ll have to make new wiper arms unless some knows where I can buy them.  I’ll post more pictures of the restoration once I really get into it.
      Thanks in advance for any help or advice

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally Triple Bell Odds Changer
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2023, 09:47:26 PM »
A well calculated repair and partial replacement could be possible. A donor step unit would be needed.
Plus extreme precision and well applied soldering techniques.
Might be a solution if all other options are unavailable.

Offline pinball777

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2023, 04:37:43 PM »
Thanks for the fast response, my biggest hurdle is figuring out what pad/row the broken wiper arm is suppose to sit on, a picture of a complete unit would be a huge help. I'm sure I could manufacture a part if I can't find a replacement and I have a good picture to work from.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2023, 09:01:24 PM »
Post a photo of the machine and any identification on the machine.
ID plate, hand written identification etc.
Wolftalk, has a database of most machines that contains schematics and unit diagrams.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2023, 01:28:14 PM »
I have schematics for triple bell and a very simple manual that has no unit details. 

the schematic shows a "rotary odds disc" and an "odds arm contact plate".  If you don't have the paperwork, I'll try and get it cleaned up and uploaded to https://bingo.cdyn.com/slots/ next week.

the rotary odds disc has a a few fingers that are all connected together controlling lights, and a couple more sets of fingers in the 120V circuit controlling the pay out units.

the odds arm contact plate circuits are mostly between the reel wipers and payout counter controlling the payout relays.

does the machine have labels on the parts?  If not, can you take a lot of high resolution images with good lighting that shows the wire colors attached to the contact plate(s) and either stick on a cloud drive/filesharing site or email to slotpics@cdyn.com.

the wipers may be factory.  The pacific pinball museum has a few flasher slots that nobody seems to want to buy off them ... not sure if there's any bally's but I'll take a look on monday.  I don't know if parts from a flasher slot would be useful for triple bell tho.

the worst case is you'll need to document the wiring on the back of the contact plate (which rivets are attached to the wire lugs) and the wire lug wiring.  From that it's usually pretty straightforward to figure out the wipers from the schematic.

Offline pinball777

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2023, 11:38:12 AM »
Thanks for the replies and the information, I was lucky and there was a schematic inside the machine and its fairly legible. it doesn't show any mechanical drawings but at least I can tell what color the wires should be which will help when I start tracing the circuits. I included a few more pictures and as you can see this machine had a rough life but for me the fun is bringing it back from the dead. The front door coin mechanisms show how badly it was maintained. The only hand written number I saw inside was 101 and there was 1 small tag on the backdoor. I also included a couple pictures of the Odds changer before I pulled it from the machine. sorry about the picture's, I must be doing something wrong, it seems any picture that was taken in portrait rotates and displays in landscape.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 03:12:21 PM by pinball777 »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal