New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Summit Wild Joker poker machine ????????  (Read 13341 times)

Offline wrldpc4all

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • wrldpc4all New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Summit Wild Joker poker machine ????????
« on: June 11, 2014, 09:28:39 PM »
I just got a Summit Coin LTD Wild Joker poker machine. It doesn't say the model but the serial #10197-V and I think it was made in 1985 from what the tag says. Can anyone tell me the model or any information about it. Also looking for a manual with a diagram. The hopper is not getting any power and I want to trace the line but need a diagram of the boards.

Any help in identifying the machine and finding the manual will be greatly appreciated                   
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:08:51 PM by wrldpc4all »

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: Summit Wild Joker poker machine ????????
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 03:26:36 AM »
Welcome to the site.
In my opinion the Summit Video Slot machines are the least know and liked of the slots.
Summit took retired Bally slot and refurbished them to make modern and updated machines.
Good luck
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline wrldpc4all

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
Is the hooper by Bally, can I use Bally parts in a Summit machine?  Is the Bally V-1000 series model compatible with this machine? My dad and I got almost everything to work but the hooper, so it has to be reset every time a jack pot hits. Is there any other machine I can swap out parts with. The hooper seems to work but does not get any power. My dad thinks its because a small board that connects to the hooper may be defective and needs to be replaced. But without a manual and a wiring diagram it is difficult to determan.

I was thinking I might just gut the machine and convert it to a modern poker machine but its rarity screams at me to bring it back to life. Though it's almost there if I can only fix the hooper.

Below are pictures of the parts that may have to be replaced
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 11:41:37 AM by wrldpc4all »

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 11:40:32 AM »
Post a good close up picture of the hopper and the hopper board.
We will see what we can see

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline wrldpc4all

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 11:45:25 AM »
I posted the pictures I really hope you can help. I'm so close to having this machine up and runing and not being able to do it is driving me nuts.

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 11:54:12 AM »
With out info on how it works you are going to have fun .
You can try shot gunning that board to see if it is the problem.
I would replace the transistor first.
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline wrldpc4all

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »
My dad doesn't understand what you mean by "shotgunning the board" Also where can we get another transistor

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 02:21:41 PM »

First reflow the solder on the pins of the connector on the board as that style likes to crack the solder joints on the board.You  have 1 transistor, 2 IC chips, 3 capacitors, 4 resistors on the board that I can see.
The transistor is the black chip standing on 3 wires on the bottom Rt of the picture.
The transistor is a electric switch and would be the first one I'd replace as they carry more load.
The 2 IC's are multiple transistors  in one package and lower power.
So I would replace the transistor first then both IC's, if you search the
part # on the transistor or IC's you can find them as I get a lot of the older
parts like those from eBay .
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline wrldpc4all

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 02:31:16 PM »
After downloading a Summit reel diagram and checking the board we found that the problem is the hooper control chip
I've uploaded the diagram with the defective part highlighted.

Does anyone know how I can acquire this chip or come up with an alternative solution

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 02:47:32 PM »
You could try to contact HMS Electronics.. It looks like the charge for phone support, but do have an email link.. I contacted them a while back using email, and got a response back fairly quick.. If you send them a picture of your board them might have parts or a replacement. Looks like mostly Summit slot, but you never know??

http://www.hms-electronics.com/slot_machines/summit%20systems%20slot%20machine%20parts.htm

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline wrldpc4all

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 03:26:01 PM »
Thanks for the info, I just emailed them with info and pic. So I'll let you know what happens

Offline wrldpc4all

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 03:49:52 PM »
 HMS Electronics. just emailed me and told me this is not a Summit machine which i do not understand because Summits logo is all over the machine and the boards inside

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 04:01:10 PM »
You could try Larry Weber at K-Lar in Vegas..  Nice guy and will talk to you. Phone number is 702-363-9998. They work on a bunch of the earlier video poker machines. I didn't see it listed on there web page but its worth a phone call.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 04:56:19 PM »
Not many components on the board. Could replace them all,  the transistor as mentioned and the IC's would be suspect. The one IC   looks like it may be awful warm running , not sure why if it was. The square black component is a rectifier  I believe , changes AC to DC and do go bad. Should have AC going in and check the two outputs for DC out.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:47:45 PM by Sunrise Side »

Offline wrldpc4all

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 05:01:32 PM »
Your right it is the IC's do you know where I can get a replacement?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2014, 05:20:58 PM »
Are the numbers faded away?

Offline wrldpc4all

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2014, 05:35:23 PM »
Theres 2 sets of numbers they are CD4047BE & RCAH445. I've been referencing the wiring diagrams for a Summit Systems reel slot machine. Do you think the hopper boards are compatible with the poker machine?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member

Offline wrldpc4all

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2014, 06:39:46 PM »
Thanks so much for finding the IC but my dad said that if he removes the old IC he's afraid it will damage the hopper board. Do you know of anyplace I can send the board to have that done. I will even buy the new IC and send it with the board. I've been calling around for the last 3 days looking for this board. More then half of the people I contacted sujested that I shouldn't even try to fix it because I have almost no chance of finding all the parts needed to conplete the restoreastion. My dad fixed all the issues with the machine (and there were to many to even list them all). We've almost given up hope till you found the IC for us. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU I cant say it enough i'm so very greatfull to all the people on this website that took time out of there day to help me. Now I've got a secound wind and if I can find someone to repair the board I'm going to contact all the people who told me to just junk the machine and say " %^&* you all it's fixed" Then I'm going to make a donation to this website because I would NEVER have done it without the help from the members of this site

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2014, 06:58:50 PM »
Send it to Larry Weber of K-Lar Co. as Gary mentioned here,

"You could try Larry Weber at K-Lar in Vegas..  Nice guy and will talk to you. Phone number is 702-363-9998. They work on a bunch of the earlier video poker machines. I didn't see it listed on there web page but its worth a phone call. Gary"

Larry repairs these boards. Call him and he will get you fixed up.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal