New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: First Konami need possibly simple help?  (Read 3500 times)

Offline Samm329

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Samm329 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
First Konami need possibly simple help?
« on: December 10, 2018, 01:12:23 PM »
Hello guys,

So I am not exactly new to the whole slot machine games, but I am new to Konami. I have a Konami 1.5 Wild Magic, I bought it will a bad screen, it was flickering really bad and just on its way out. I was playing the game with credits on the machine with the bad screen in it, and then hit cash out... well the ticket didn't print and it required a hand pay on the ticket, no big deal... well now I have checked my cash box and head, and I have even reset the machine, but it will not accept any cash, it goes in, and comes back out. Is there a setting page I have to check in the unit or anything like that?

Thanks
Sam

Offline Samm329

• NLG
Re: First Konami need possibly simple help?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 08:07:24 PM »
To any future readers that may need help. I opened the door and turned the reset key; I went to diagnostics and enabled the bill validator, put in a $1.00 and it came back with an error that the magnetic strip was bad. I swapped out the wba 12 for a wba13 I had on hand and the machine worked!

Offline Mortal_One

• Mortal Gaming
  • Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Mortal_One New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Mortal Gaming
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 08:15:25 PM »
To anyone that may need help with Konami K2V's I will help you through what ever trouble you are having.

Some of the common problems a Konami will face are listed below.

Boot Up Problems.

1. Nothing But a Black Screen upon power up.
Take your ROM riser card off the logic board and double check your ROM placement, the number one reason you would get a black screen or nothing when you power up is if these ROM chips are not seated properly in the sockets. Often you'll find that a pin or two gets bent when pushing them down into their sockets since they are not zero insertion force.

Boot Up Errors,

1. Like deadbeef which will say something like CF1 or CF2 checksum mismatch will either be a blue screen or orange screen depending on the error.

The biggest reason this occurs is because you may be using a K2V machine that has a CF card not of the right format for example someone copies the OEM card to a replacement of similar size but wrong format like a Bally's 128Mb CF card with a Konami CF image on it, with the exception of RAM clear other cards won't work unless they are of the same format type. To fix this just restore you image of the Konami CF onto a Konami CF card and reboot it will now load with no issues. If you have a standalone or linked progressive CF installed in CF2 slot on your logic board you will need to make sure the progressive image you are using has the same format as well or you'll get the dreaded blue or orange screen error.

Game mismatch errors upon boot up

1. The reason this occurs is because of the previous stored values on the CF from another K2V machine to fix this there are various RAM clear cards different versions that you can boot up with to reset those stored values to match what is needed by your machine. Simply get the right RAM clear version and choose the save existing settings option which is done by pressing the Max Bet button to proceed with RAM clear and then pressing the Max Bet button again to preserve settings so that you can verify paytable and demoninations to save and boot normal.

There are lots of problems you can have if you get a game with no settings, like bill validator issues, TITO printers, credit meter settings to prevent from having to load cash all of the time and sometimes people get these games with the wrong MEI bill validator installed in them for example it's an IGT model when it needs to be an RS-232 of specific make model. These are programmed with a PM handheld and inserted into the USB type printer port head connector.

These will need to be updated with the PM tool with the lastest firmware to support reading the latest currency. To get around this use another K2V machine to load the credits and setup a QuickStrike Standalone Progressive with certain values to keep the machine fed with credits randomly. This way you never have to reload and can play as long as you like.

Transfer wins to credit meter are one of the things you want to enable under the common game menu in the KMS program.

Let me know if any new owner needs help getting these configured and running the way you'd like including changing the play lines from say 20 to 30 or more depending on the game options available for your installed theme. I will help to the extent I can and am able, if I don't have an answer I will do simulations on my machines to help figure you issues out.

Let me know..

Also if you know of anyone that has the following games I'm looking to trade for let me know. I need help as well..

Treasure Voyage Multiple Lines 4-5-5-5-4[/size]Egyptian Sunset Multiple Lines 4-5-5-5-4Fortunes AblazeLegion WarriorLago Di AmoreSparkling NightlifeDreams of Rio

Thanks,

Justin

Offline Xorkcir

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Xorkcir New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 12:27:30 PM »
I’m having boot up problems with a K2v 2.0 upright. It takes 7 to 10 or more tries to bring up the game. Most of the time the screen shows vertical colored lines. When the game does boot up I can turn it off and on and it will boot right up . If it sits off for an hour or more it takes a few tries to boot up the game. Could this be a power supply problem? Can I buy a compaciter kit or a new power supply somewhere? Thanks

Offline Xorkcir

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 01:35:56 PM »
Thank you for your great information. Looking for a motherboard for Konami k2v 2.0. Anyone have one for sale?

Offline Samm329

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 07:02:29 PM »
I’m having boot up problems with a K2v 2.0 upright. It takes 7 to 10 or more tries to bring up the game. Most of the time the screen shows vertical colored lines. When the game does boot up I can turn it off and on and it will boot right up . If it sits off for an hour or more it takes a few tries to boot up the game. Could this be a power supply problem? Can I buy a compaciter kit or a new power supply somewhere? Thanks

Sound like you have some bad cap problems going on. I know a guy you can get the screen from if you need it on me.

Offline Xorkcir

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 07:11:23 PM »
I found a mother board. Still looking for any complete games for a k2v 2.0. (Chips and rom card) Anyone have any for sale? Let me know the titles you have. Thanks Xorkcir

Offline Mortal_One

• Mortal Gaming
  • Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • Mortal_One New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Mortal Gaming
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 02:21:21 AM »
PM me and I will see if I have something you like.

Thanks Buddy,

Justin

Offline Xorkcir

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 10:30:24 AM »
Thanks for responding so quickly. My favorites are
  Mayan Chief
  Electrifying Riches
  Diamond Quest
  African Diamond
  Rawhide
I would be open to just about anything. Just ready for a new came. Do you have the glass and bottom plastic pieces to? What kind of price are game sets and what is usually included? Games would be for a k2v 2.0 upright K2v platform. I have a Vibrant 7s game (Chips and rom card) advantage 5 platform. It will not work in my machine. Do you know anyone looking for one?
 Roxanne

Offline choochoobg

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • choochoobg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2023, 02:07:27 AM »
hi, I have a konami slot machine its an advantage+ M5R. here are a few questions? first ,are you knowlegable in this machine? if so, what do the model numbers men, "KG12.0 URS". also im having a few errors that keep me from playing. those are coin error, main door open and it says  call attendant on little screen. Any suggestions would be greatly appreiciated. Thank you in advance.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal