New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Can't Get Dedicated Graphics Card To Work on G23  (Read 4886 times)

Offline Matt411

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Matt411 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Can't Get Dedicated Graphics Card To Work on G23
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2023, 03:00:54 PM »
So I got a replacement brainbox with E4690 card already installed from Chris's place but the puzzle still continues. My VGA to DVI adapter wasn't making the MLD games work or even display on games that are either video or MLD - even after fresh wipe of everything. Also my GK menu was all glitched and stuff where it's not supposed to be.

I bought a DVI to VGA cable on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X41K6NF?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

but when I plug MLD into bottom dvi port on graphics card and top monitor on top - it shows both screens initially but then upon boot the MLD just turns off and the boot image with AVP sound goes to top monitor and game loads up top with nothing on MLD.

Now I try putting MLD cable in top of the graphics card and other monitor on the bottom - it works but the MLD and graphics don't look right. Everything is very pixelated - and it is even pixelated when I boot to the diagnostic menu. I auto adjusted both monitors on the MLD and didn't fix anything. It's like the resolution is lower or something. Did I get the wrong cable and can someone point me to a cable that will work? Also why isn't the MLD being recognized on the bottom DVI port on the graphics card like it's supposed to? This is driving me nuts.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2023, 04:03:34 PM »
I see the wrong DVI connector. Should be a dual link DVI-I 24+5.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2023, 04:15:18 PM »
Thanks will try and update. Impossible to find on Amazon for some reason.  Funny cause the adapter I got is the correct connection but it wasn't liking the adapter.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 352
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2023, 04:26:24 PM »
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline RodneyK

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • RodneyK New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2023, 05:51:33 PM »
It’s the cable as RB has said. Mine was pixelated until I bough5 the correct cable. MLD goes in the top port.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2023, 06:17:29 PM »
MLD goes in bottom port.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2023, 06:36:34 PM »
 :agreepost:

That's the way mine is.  The MLD video cable is black on goes on the bottom, the upper screen cable is white and goes on the upper connector.

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2023, 08:11:33 PM »
Yea I was told the bottom for MLD as well. What's weird is the photo below is the monitor vga cable with the correct VGA TO DVI adapter going to the graphics card, but it doesn't like the adapter as the screen looks like this - the slots load normally - but they don't load MLD and menu is messed up. This setup only works on bottom port of graphics card. But If I use the cable in the photo above (which I now know is incorrect), it only works in the top port and the MLD works but it's pixelated and screen is way less vibrant. I hope the cable solves everything.

Also.. UPDATE on the 2 other graphics cards in the second image below... one was the original E4690 from Ellary Gaming they shipped with my MLD monitor kit, and another ATI 3650 512mb from ebay (red card) which I read ppl using + working. I plopped both cards in the new CPU and they still didn't work - no image from either monitor, from either port, so I think that confirms I did get 2 non-working cards. The E4690 that came with the new cpu does work (at least displays an image until I get the correct cable) My luck. This makes me wonder if the PCI slot on my original CPU wasn't bad after all...

I did notice the red 3650 card fan spinning when plugged in, so it had power, just no video from the ports, unless there's more than 1 version of the 3650 and I got the wrong one..

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2023, 08:15:13 PM »
Thanks will try and update. Impossible to find on Amazon for some reason.  Funny cause the adapter I got is the correct connection but it wasn't liking the adapter.
You may as well try that adapter again now that you have a different box and GPU.

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2023, 08:26:16 PM »
The adapter gives me the screen in the photo I posted above, plugged into the bottom port - and also games are not MLD for some reason with it. Also it's VERY touchy, and has to be wiggled just right to even show an image. This is not the cause of the graphics card cause the other cable plugs fine (but is the wrong cable for optimal image).  Nothing shows if plugged into top port with adapter. Hope this cable solves everything. Why they would make an MLD monitor VGA is beyond me, would be way easier if DVI to DVI.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2023, 08:31:20 PM »
I couldn't tell you if the red video card would work or not.  I have two MPUs (660s) for my machine and they both have E4690 video cards. 

Offline millionaire2k

• Reputation Power: 22
  • millionaire2k New User barely matters.millionaire2k New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2023, 09:49:20 PM »
The adapter gives me the screen in the photo I posted above, plugged into the bottom port - and also games are not MLD for some reason with it. Also it's VERY touchy, and has to be wiggled just right to even show an image. This is not the cause of the graphics card cause the other cable plugs fine (but is the wrong cable for optimal image).  Nothing shows if plugged into top port with adapter. Hope this cable solves everything. Why they would make an MLD monitor VGA is beyond me, would be way easier if DVI to DVI.

Do games show in MLD when plugged into the MB?

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2023, 09:55:12 PM »
Yes. They also show mld with the wrong dvi to vga cable I got from Amazon but only plugged into top dvi port on graphics card... but that way causes the pixelation and dimmer screen I posted a photo of above.

If I plug that wrong Amazon cable in bottom dvi on graphics card.. it boots up showing both screen but then mld monitor goes black and main game loads on the top monitor.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2023, 03:00:38 AM »
I haven’t looked, but do these monitors have any kind of an auto-detect or reset button or menu options that might help with this?  I remember on my 044 Game King, Wells-Gardner LCD monitors had an auto-detect function that would fix weird issues with resolution or bad image position.  I also agree on scrapping the adapter. 

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline RodneyK

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • RodneyK New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2023, 09:03:41 AM »
Hmmm. I guess G23s are different then? Every G20 I have and SMLDs the MLD goes in the top port (black cable) and the top monitor (tan cable)goes in the bottom port.

Plus, Arcade Matt said: "Now I try putting MLD cable in top of the graphics card and other monitor on the bottom - it works but the MLD and graphics don't look right. Everything is very pixelated"

The pixelated image is from the improper cable. IMHO It seems like if he uses the top port for MLD and gets the right cable he should be good. So far it seems it is the closest he has come to getting it working.

But, there are many very experienced people saying MLD goes in the bottom, hard to disregard that.

Offline Matt411

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2023, 09:38:59 AM »
The MLD has an auto button on the back for each monitor, tried that, doesn't fix any of the weird graphic issues.

In response to Rodney, yea I'm not sure... but what is weird that even with the wrong amazon cable I got, if I plug into the bottom, it boots showing both screens, but then the MLD goes black and game goes to top monitor. The wrong amazon cable only works in the top port but causes the pixelation. I've never really heard of 2 identical dvi ports having different attributes unless this card was specifically designed for IGT machines. At least to my knowledge on any PC, if you have a graphics card with 2 DVI ports, doesn't matter where you plug the monitor into unless I'm mistaken.

Also NOTE I Just found out: The ATI 3650 graphics card some people are using I found out is only compatible with AVP 2.5 brainbox, hence why it had power to the fan but wasn't outputting any images when I tried as mine is 3.0. Good to know.

When I find the time, I'm going to try the e4690 I got with the new CPU and see if it works in my original cpu to confirm if the PCI slot was indeed good after all.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Slotman New User barely matters.Slotman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2023, 09:56:44 AM »
Hmmm. I guess G23s are different then? Every G20 I have and SMLDs the MLD goes in the top port (black cable) and the top monitor (tan cable)goes in the bottom port.

Plus, Arcade Matt said: "Now I try putting MLD cable in top of the graphics card and other monitor on the bottom - it works but the MLD and graphics don't look right. Everything is very pixelated"

The pixelated image is from the improper cable. IMHO It seems like if he uses the top port for MLD and gets the right cable he should be good. So far it seems it is the closest he has come to getting it working.

But, there are many very experienced people saying MLD goes in the bottom, hard to disregard that.

Out of 6 MLD's I know top of the card was for bottom and bottom was for top.  I have to agree with you.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2023, 10:13:33 AM »

Out of 6 MLD's I know top of the card was for bottom and bottom was for top.  I have to agree with you.

G20 or G23?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2023, 11:00:32 AM »
Both G23s I have had (625 MPU and 660 MPU) use bottom port of GPU for MLD.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 411
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2023, 12:02:40 PM »

So....You then post a photo showing the two cables side-by-side?  :Crazy: :Tongue_Out:
Fix the bloody picture Rodney!  :fryingpan: just kiddin'
I fixed it for you.  :cool_thumb_up:

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal