New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Fortune Coin  (Read 1267 times)

Offline kf2k3

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • kf2k3 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Fortune Coin
« on: November 08, 2023, 09:34:36 PM »
Good evening!

My first slot machine.  A fortune 1 video reel.  I know next to nothing about these things.  Is this a model from 1975?

Monitor powers on, but the coin slot does not work.  Is there a way to bypass this for the machine to spin?  No buttons, just an arm.  Also, the hopper is not running.  Is there a way to test this out?

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
Re: Fortune Coin
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 06:02:39 AM »
You are fortunate that the graphics and computer appear to be working. Unfortunately the expert on these machines passed away several years ago. Your machine should have a simple coin mechanism with a micro switch that you can flick with your finger to simulate a coin dropping.
These did not have a lock on the lever so you can usually pull the handle regardless of whether you have credits or not. That isn’t a problem.
Post a picture of the inside of the machine and one of the inside of the door. Let’s first verify that there is a coin mechanism in there at all.
The hopper will not run if you cannot get credits to play a spin…and win something.
Member Badbaud might have a few pointers based on your pics.
There is little or no technical information on these.

Offline kf2k3

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 08:26:42 AM »
Thanks for the reply!  Attached are some pictures.  When I flick the micro switch, it shows "4th coin accepted" on the monitor, but it goes away when I release it.  The coin does fall into the hopper, though.

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 06:42:07 PM »
What happens when you pull the lever?
Can you bypass the switch and simulate the lever being pulled? Just want to make sure it’s not something as simple as a faulty switch.
I have one of these and I can’t get it to play either but my game graphics don’t work either.

Offline kf2k3

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 06:54:42 PM »
Nothing happens when I crank the arm.

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2023, 06:12:30 AM »
I hate to say this, but these machines do not have a generic reset button that is going to make it spring to life.
Your options are to try some basic troubleshooting on your own or call a tech to check some of the basic components.
There are no schematics to speak of and chances of finding someone who can tell you what is wrong by looking at pictures is slim.
This machine has 3 layers of circuit boards as well as a component-heavy power supplyin the lower box.
I suggest you, or a tech, check the switch on the arm (shown in your middle picture) to verify that the switch works. Besides the hopper, it is the only moving part and it might have worn out.
Pull the hopper and check all connections and look for a hopper reset button ( mine does not have one but you can hope).
After that, its component and continuity checking on the circuit boards.

Beyond that, only you can decide how much you want to invest in a 45 year old machine.

Keep us posted .

Chris

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2023, 08:18:03 AM »
kf2k3,

Just curious.  Was this the machine listed in Vegas for $20.00?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2023, 08:42:39 AM »
The easiest way to clear a Fortune 1 is to remove the 5101 RAM chip and short it's legs on some bare metal for about 3 minutes then plug it back in.
This is assuming the chip was in a socket.
If someone is interested in posting it in the downloads section I have scanned an entire F1 Seminar manual to PDF.
It shows all of the internal wiring diagrams and troubleshooting points chip by chip.

klar.slotrepair@gmail.com me please if you are a NLG tech.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline kf2k3

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2023, 06:53:55 PM »

Update - I'm able to spin.  The coin gets stuck in the drop, and I have to open the "door" for it to go into the hopper.  One of the spins I won, but the hopper did not come on.

https://www.veed.io/view/b0adabf9-9ae7-425a-8cca-d68e45dcabfc?panel=share
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 07:54:52 PM by kf2k3 »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2023, 06:54:00 PM »
give me your email address at klar.slotrepair@gmail.com please

Offline kf2k3

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2023, 07:56:17 AM »
Update - I cannot get the hopper to work.  Nothing comes on when I win after a spin.  I tried to spin the hopper manually, but something is locking it.  I read there is a brake somewhere, but I cannot find it (There's something on the top that you can press, but that didn't do anything).

I've attached additional pictures.

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2023, 01:57:58 PM »
kf2k3,

I have attached a photo of yours showing the brake location.  There should be a white/yellow nylon hook in just below location of the red arrow in the photo.  You should be able to lift that and rotate the hopper motor by hand. Also, if you look at the bottom side of the hopper there will be a flat metal bar attached to the nylon hook that you can just depress and rotate the motor by hand (That is actually the proper way to do it) :Tongue_Out:.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 02:30:12 PM by 63mini »

Offline kf2k3

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2023, 07:56:55 PM »
Thanks!  I was able to manually rotate it by hand.  I went ahead and "lifted up the brake", won a spin, but the motor did not come on.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2023, 10:53:16 PM »
Check for pushed in pins on both the hopper plugs.

Offline kf2k3

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2023, 06:50:34 AM »
Forgive my ignorance, but where are those located?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2023, 11:00:56 AM »
The metal pins on the back of the hopper and the pins on the plug the hopper plugs into.

Offline kf2k3

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2023, 07:27:10 AM »
The connections looks good.  Although the male plug side on the Hopper is loose.  But I verified the connections are good by pressing the male plug securely into the socket.  The wheel does not rotate when I win, but when I press up on the Roller on the hopper, a clicking/bell sound is heard, same sound as if I flick the switch by the coin drop.  This proves to me that the Hopper is getting some kind of power.

Offline kf2k3

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2023, 07:46:48 AM »
Anyone have insight on the attached picture with motherboard and boards?  I cannot find anything with 3 boards as the F1 and IGT Draw Poker documentation manuals show just a single board.

Thanks.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2023, 02:40:06 PM »
That is a original Fortune Coin slot that used 3 boards and all TTL chips. No MCU, no RAM.

Offline kf2k3

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2023, 07:02:35 AM »
Thanks.  Also, mystery solved on the age of this machine.  When I removed some kind of battery, I found a piece of paper stamped with "Received March 4, 1981"

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal