New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Adding Games To My G23  (Read 726 times)

Offline TheEyeInTheSky

• You didn't pay me! Check the cameras!
  • Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • TheEyeInTheSky New User has no influence.
  • Now hiring cocktail waitresses!
Adding Games To My G23
« on: January 18, 2024, 04:02:00 AM »
Hi Everybody,
This is my first post to NLG and it's actually kinda exciting.  :propeller:
I've just come into ownership of an IGT G23.
It's a great machine!
I just need to upgrade it a bit.
One of the things I need to upgrade are the games.
It only has a few video slots.
I believe 14, but I'm away from it right now.
I want it to have all of the games in my list (so long so not sharing it in this post), but I don't know how to do that or where to even start.
What do I need to do?
Please advise.
Thanks.
“On NLG, everybody’s gotta watch everybody else. Since the guests are looking to beat the forum, the members are watching the guests. The members are watching the other members. The contributing members are watching the members. The contributing members are watching the other contributing members. The moderators are watching the contributing members. The moderators are watching the other moderators. The admins are watching the moderators. And I am watching you all.”

Offline sccarlso

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Adding Games To My G23
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 02:47:58 PM »
You can share the game titles you're looking for.

But if you're just starting, there is an up front cost unfortunately.  Do as much reading of the FAQ's and how to's here in NLG!

1.  To make any changes to the machine, add games, modify settings, etc.   You need an ekey7 USB dongle key.  About $300, ones for sale are posted in the classifieds fairly often.
2.  Does your machine have "show bios" chips.    If not, then any game you want to add, you'll have to also get the matching USB license dongle and plug it in when you enable the game or it won't allow it to be used.   

If you can get the show bios chips.  Available on ebay.   And swap them out in the brainbox (CPU).   You'll need that ekey7, and likely an OS loader, and loaders for each game you want to add.
But with the show bios chips, then you won't need license dongles again.    Read up on initial setup on an AVP, loading it from scratch, and how to load games.   There's youtube videos for all of that.

Without the ekey7, you can't do a thing.  And without show bios chips, you'll need the license dongle for each game you want to load.  If you do have show bios, then all you need is the ekey7, and you just need the game loaders on a USB key to add additional games.  Which is relatively easy.

Or you can even take the easy way.  If you know what family your AVP is.   Fam14 is most common, but there is Fam20.  You can buy an entire brainbox, with show bios chips installed, and even an SSD with the OS and a bunch of games already loaded.   You'll still need the ekey and a diag key (those are cheap, the  ekey7 is expensive).    But you can then do almost anything.   If you bought a premade brainbox for your machine and had the ekey7 and diag key.  You can reset your G23 after putting a new preloaded brainbox in, enable the games you want that are on it, and you're done!   Then you can add any other games inidivdually with just a usb key with the game, and the ekey7 from then on.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 02:50:35 PM »
I'd check with RB here first before heading to Ebay for show BIOS.

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 83
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 03:03:25 PM »
https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=164  Ron's Profile

My guess is that with 14 games on it you already have show boots. Still, Ron is the person to contact for most of your AVP needs

Welcome to the site,
Wayne

Offline RobinAK

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • RobinAK New User barely matters.RobinAK New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2024, 07:23:22 AM »
Yup Ron is the man! Contact him for bios chips, games, diagnostic key and he may even have an E key.

Offline TheEyeInTheSky

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2024, 01:08:06 AM »
Thank you all for your replies!

I would've never thought that the answer to my technical question would be "Talk to Ron"... but it turns out that, yes, that was the answer. :propeller: Ron helped me get what I needed to customize my game library and have it run Game King 8.3R.

I did not need to worry about SHOW BIOS apparently, but I did need to buy an EKEY000007 and a diagnostic key, although I don't remember the exact name of it.
“On NLG, everybody’s gotta watch everybody else. Since the guests are looking to beat the forum, the members are watching the guests. The members are watching the other members. The contributing members are watching the members. The contributing members are watching the other contributing members. The moderators are watching the contributing members. The moderators are watching the other moderators. The admins are watching the moderators. And I am watching you all.”

Offline RobinAK

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2024, 09:00:24 AM »
Thank you all for your replies!

I would've never thought that the answer to my technical question would be "Talk to Ron"... but it turns out that, yes, that was the answer. :propeller: Ron helped me get what I needed to customize my game library and have it run Game King 8.3R.

I did not need to worry about SHOW BIOS apparently, but I did need to buy an EKEY000007 and a diagnostic key, although I don't remember the exact name of it.

Glad to hear you got what you needed. Ron is a great guy! FYI on my G23 I don't run GK 8.3R. What I do is install the individual poker games that I want along with all my slot games. The GK package takes up a lot and reduces how many slot games you can have. I'd rather have more slot games installed than a crap load of poker games. But to do this you would have to wipe the machine and start from scratch.   

Offline TheEyeInTheSky

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2024, 10:30:59 AM »
Yah, I was told the Game King package really hogs up the NVRAM… to which I said “I have no clue what that means”. I just agreed and went along with it. I have 3 3-reel slot games and maybe 8 or so video slots installed and NVRAM sits at 64%. Sounds like a good percentage to me.

Offline sccarlso

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2024, 10:40:39 AM »
Yup Ron is the man! Contact him for bios chips, games, diagnostic key and he may even have an E key.

:1:  to Ron before eBay!  Great guy, trusted, helpful, and ships quick! 

Offline RobinAK

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2024, 07:38:52 AM »
Yah, I was told the Game King package really hogs up the NVRAM… to which I said “I have no clue what that means”. I just agreed and went along with it. I have 3 3-reel slot games and maybe 8 or so video slots installed and NVRAM sits at 64%. Sounds like a good percentage to me.

64% is good. You could easily add more games. Do you have MLD monitor? Some games require MLD monitor.

Offline TheEyeInTheSky

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2024, 07:01:59 PM »

:1:  to Ron before eBay!  Great guy, trusted, helpful, and ships quick! 

Yay! I needed to buy a part, so I went to eBay, found the part, bought it, and then found out that Ron was the seller! LOL I had no idea! Could'a just emailed him.

64% is good. You could easily add more games. Do you have MLD monitor? Some games require MLD monitor.

Okay, nice! Yes, I have the MLD monitor. It's good for the most part, but it absolutely sucks for Roulette. Does anybody else have this problem where you have to find the perfect spot to press? Certain areas seem very difficult to press a button. Is the MLD model not really made for Roulette?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2024, 07:19:33 PM »
Have you tried calibrating your touchscreen?

Offline TheEyeInTheSky

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2024, 06:45:38 PM »
Have you tried calibrating your touchscreen?

THAT WAS THE PROBLEM! Now the Roulette game is super precise after I calibrated it! Just had to turn the key a few times. I can press any button I want… straight up, corner, whatever, and all the buttons like undo, clear all, start, etc. all work perfectly! Even pressing the arrows on the main menu to change denominations works great now! THANK YOU TILT!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2024, 07:01:00 PM »
You're welcome!  It's pretty important to have it calibrated good when you do the bottle shoot bonus round on Western stars too.  Those bottles are pretty close together and if it's off you'll touch one bottle and shoot another  :24:.  Glad that worked out for you and it's working like it should  :applause:

Offline TheEyeInTheSky

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2024, 11:40:34 PM »
You're welcome!  It's pretty important to have it calibrated good when you do the bottle shoot bonus round on Western stars too.  Those bottles are pretty close together and if it's off you'll touch one bottle and shoot another  :24:.  Glad that worked out for you and it's working like it should  :applause:

Yikes! Hope you don't have big fingers!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal