New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT AVP G23 Machine ID Setting  (Read 254 times)

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
IGT AVP G23 Machine ID Setting
« on: February 07, 2024, 06:45:54 AM »
How can I set the machine ID on the Cabinet Identification Setup page?
I'd like to change the ID number to a "1" ,so I can make it a "client" to a progressive server unit.

You cant see it in the picture below but the option to set the machine ID is disabled.
It's like as if it's "greyed out"?
I tried wiping out the SSD and re-installing the OS so I could get to these screens....but the button to set machine ID stays on "Not Set" - won't change.
Is there something else I need to turn on to get those to work?

Click on photo below to enlarge if needed...>>>
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 05:54:33 PM by Stayouttadabunker »
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT AVP G23 Machine ID Setting
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 05:59:48 PM »
:fuel_on_fire:  :pos_computer:   

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline sccarlso

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 01:25:17 PM »
When I do the triple wipe with diag, NVRAM, SafeStorage, and SSD it will let me set the machine ID and Asset number.  But then it's locked unless you triple wipe again...

But..should be noted when I setup the GB server, the machine and asset ID of the server was already locked to 1.  So both the server and clients machine ID and asset ID were both set to 1, yet it still worked for me.  Not sure why but it did.  The "client ID" on the game machine was set on 2 though.  Perhaps because there's no IPC/UC or WAP involved, so the bonus server only cared about the client ID?

Now if I do a bonus server, it always is 1, and my other machine gets set at 2.  Just because the PSR said so.  lol

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2024, 01:48:46 PM »
Exactly, I could only change "client ID" on the GB machine as you've done...and it worked for me that way.
As a test, I'd like to triple-wipe again...but I hate to fix something thats not broke yet.... :rotfl:
Glad I only have one game loaded...the guys that have full hard drives would NEVER attempt this....lol
I do have a 3rd AVP machine I'd like to connect, to test/see if changing the client ID affects things.

Thanks for your input!
I wish I could set this Topic to "semi-solved".  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline sccarlso

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 02:45:03 PM »
So on the same page! 

My SMLD machine is already loaded and I often have it on tall box games, so adding/enabling games isn't a big deal.

And I "had" my std screen machine all loaded with about 60 games and good.   Even with forced progressive tables for several titles.

But...I really wanted to do a clean load with the latest OS I could find.  So I wiped.   But I'm not reconfiguring a full game set on it until the bonus server stuff is all good.
Repeating that setup for all those titles, especially for the forced progressives is a real pain.  Especially when you have several, and only a few titles will tell you on the progressive tilt exactly what game is doing it!  I had a few that did actually list the game on the tilt, but they all don't do that.   So you spend a ton of time hunting for that one that isn't set.   I should have documented it all, Doh!  So that's what I'm doing when I restore it.  Have a list of all getting loaded, and exactly which have forced progressives that need to be set so it won't be as much of a pain anymore if I need to do it.  lol

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal