New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Southern Slots  (Read 21777 times)

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Southern Slots
« on: October 14, 2014, 10:33:31 AM »
Just a question has anyone ordered anything recently from Dave or Chris Southern Slots?
I have placed and recieved many orders from them in the past with great service and no issues.
Last month I place three orders for a couple hundred bucks and the site says the orders were processed but after repeated attempts to contact them I get no answers to my email, no shipping information and no product.

Has anyone else had issues with them lately? I feel like it's Glenn all over again.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Southern Slots
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 10:47:04 AM »
I have not ordered from them in a while.  One of them posted not too long ago that they added new stuff to the site.  Keep us posted on your dealings with them.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline idylewild1

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • samronslots.com
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 11:37:43 AM »
I ordered a BB2 dongle adapter from their website and paid with paypal. Not five minutes after the order and paying I get an email informing me of an order status change to "awaiting fulfillment". If you don't have the product why take my money ??? Have not heard anything since. Granted it is a small amount of money but this is not the way to run a business or at least my business !

Offline Haywired

• Formerly Triplediamond
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Haywired New User barely matters.Haywired New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 11:44:51 AM »
I have had good dealings with them, but its been awhile since I bought anything. Received an email last week on a big sale that was going to happen, but nothing new has been listed on their site .....also sent him an email about some parts 4 or so days ago and haven't heard a thing.  :Scratch-Head:   
Eric

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 01:24:33 PM »
Good luck with this group.  They take your money and don't deliver or just send f__ked up parts.  Then it's a bitch trying to get them to make good on the sale.  Lots of excuses and BS in their email responses.  Only way is to threaten them with paypal dispute to get your money back. One time I actually had paypal reverse the sale so I could get my money back.

Buyer beware.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 01:44:25 PM »
I could be wrong but I thought they bought Glenn out. Maybe he gave them lessons.

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 01:51:58 PM »
Glenn... I'd bet my left TSETSE.. :yes: :no:

A little birdy told me long ago that *Dave's middle name was Glenn, Southernslots addy is a virtual address, Glenn used to ship from Jackson MS, Dave ships from Jackson MS with the virtual addy as a return address., wasn't too hard to piece together really.. :sherlock:

That being said, I have never been screwed over by Glenn/Dave/Chris/?, I just expect it to take some time to get what was purchased.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 02:50:26 PM by Harvs »

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 01:56:26 PM »
Have to say I bought from both and always got my stuff.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 11:53:45 PM »
Death by a thousand cuts. Based on the history of what I've read, I wouldn't take the risk with them.

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline idesign

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 06:24:29 AM »
Buy a big ticket item from them, then site back and wait, and wait, and wait......when it shows up it 's a piece of crap.  So you send it back, and wait, and wait, and wait.  No email response, when you finally hear back it's more bullshit.  Have to threaten him with a paypal dispute claim to finally get a refund.

BTW, the only way to contact this Dave (Glenn) guy is email.. The phone number for them just rings, no voice mail for that number.  I'm sure it's that way on purpose given their history.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Thegambler327 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 07:25:54 AM »
Up until now I've always gotten my order's very quickly and was always extremely happy with Dave and southern slots. Ordered a glass kit over a month ago and still haven't received it. I even emailed Dave heard back from him almost  right away said it was shipped even was gonna get me a tracking number. That was a week ago and no kit and no response.

Offline Joeylc

• Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
  • In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 09:16:08 AM »
Just passing on a email we got......   I know nothing....  :arrowthruhead: :arrowthruhead: :arrowthruhead:

from <consult+midrivers com>
to <Joey+newlifegames com>
<Thu, 16 Oct 2014 10:25:00 -0500>

FYI - I checked today on google to see if anyone else had problems with southern slots. That is how I found your web site and discussion forum. I ordered slots stands from these guys and they were supposed to ship 2 weeks ago. I emailed Dave and a Chris had his phone and said that Dave had a heart attack and was going in for surgery and Chris was answering in his absence . That was on October 5th. and Chris said my order was to be shipped the next day, but that never happened. Not sure if I will ever get anything now and not sure if Dave is even functioning. Just wanted others to know what I heard. My name is Rod Johnson....
"Sell one game, two more shall take its place!"
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 07:52:28 PM »
Thank you for passing this along Joey!  Now I guess the next question is what do we do now? Is there actually a way of getting ahold  of southern slots?  Is our stuff actually shipped?  Do we just get the refunds from PayPal now? I mean I hate to be the one do this because I feel bad that he had a heart attack but at the same time I need the parts for a customer of mine. And I already have lost a bunch of money from a different guy that's not really on nlg

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 08:00:16 PM »
After looking at this thread I agree there is a monkey in the wrench.  I did not get anything from the last "wave" .  Heart attacks are serious but who really knows what the truth is with this clan- :Scratch-Head: .   I would think and -Hope that all get their orders.  If so I would also think a reduced refund would be in order for the delay and in-convienence.  A thought. 

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 08:03:52 PM »
I hope all goes well with Dave. This may be the explanation, prior to my last orders he always responded to email requests.
I am also in a quandary of where to go from here. Some of my order is for customers, other parts are just spares for myself so I can wait. My wife tells me there is a time limit to make Pay Pal disputes.
Anybody have a phone number or have any info on how to reach Chris or Dave.

Thanks
Rich 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 06:53:02 PM by qbert »
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Lizzo54

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Lizzo54 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2014, 08:18:02 PM »
Heart problems are no laughing matters.  However, i still never received part of my order or any type of restitution from last november so these games have been going on for way longer than this past heart attack.

Oh and Ron Johnson, isn't that the name of the stereo salesman who pickups and bangs Stacie from Fast Times at Ridgemont High at the beginning of the movie?

Offline Thegambler327

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 08:29:12 PM »
I guess my thing is that I ordered September 18th got a email on September 25th from Dave saying that it was shipped and he even shipped a eprom separately and I haven't received either. So it was either lost or never shipped.  I don't see how there's any way something can take that long to be delivered.

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2014, 08:40:27 PM »
My orders were placed Sept 26, 27, and 29th. They all moved to status of shipped on Sept 30. That's the last info I got until Oct 7 when I got the automated email to rate my products I ordered. (What product?)

Offline Harvs

• Think!, While it's still legal...
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!Harvs Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2014, 08:53:10 PM »
WHERE ART THOU? Remember?

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=23427.0

(Hope Dave's alright IF he had a heart attack as the mysterious "MY NAME IS Rod Johnson" stated.)

Would that make his nickname "DICK DICK"? Rod..., Johnson... If this is all BS, sombody was laughing while making up that name.. Sorry for throwing ya out there, ROD JOHNSON.. Ha

Bet his middle name is PETER
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 09:09:54 PM by Harvs »

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2014, 08:55:28 PM »
On a completely different subject can anyone give me some ideas on how to stonewall customers until it's to late for them to file a claim and get their money back on stuff I haven't shipped and never will?

In all seriousness, it sounds like you guys are getting screwed/scammed and are holding on to hope like a Cathilic nun holds on to her virginity. If it was me I'd be all over PayPal or my credit card company for money back and find the parts somewhere else

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal