New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Affordable (?) Healthcare???  (Read 2341 times)

Offline 89chevyman

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • 89chevyman New User barely matters.89chevyman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Affordable (?) Healthcare???
« on: February 04, 2015, 08:53:46 PM »
Sorry, I had to vent someplace,  may as well be here (my wife is tired of hearing about it). This RANT has to do with my daughter, her family and the United States of Obama Government. Through 2 long years, and a pregnancy in between, my daughter studied her ass off to become a Certified Licensed Registered Nurse :applause: :applause: .  During which my wife and I gained a few new gray hairs. Anyway, she got hired at the hospital she was ex-terning at (12 hour shifts, three days a week). Now she is making what she is really worth. Here's the problem I have. During all this time, they couldn't afford health insurance (even the Obamacare kind, it was over $1200 a month) so they got slammed with tax penalties this year ($1,500). Next, to add insult to injury, she started to sign up for family health coverage under her new job and read that if her spouse had insurance offered at HIS work and declined it, she would be charged an additional $100 a paycheck to have him on hers(its the "OBAMA LAW"). If she didn't agree to this, she would be terminated (hell, she just started). So he now has to get insurance at his work, fork out money they don't have, plus she has to pay for insurance that covers herself and the 2 kids (plus one on its way) and once again, fork out money for insurance. Two people paying for two insurance policies when one could cover the entire family. THIS HELPS THE ECONOMY, HOW?  THIS IS AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE? ??? ? WTF. For who? ??? ?I guess this is where the Obama Administration is getting the money to pay for healthcare for all the "Entitled" people out there that sit on their asses and don't earn a dime and are given, literally, everything. My daughter, I'm proud to say, did things the right way, without cheating the Government out of a dime. She had to worked during her schooling. She and her husband raised our 1 and 2 year old grandkids. He worked long hours and got promoted to parts manager(still works long hours, as does she now). Where the HELL does this Government get off fining people that do things right? ??? ? When they got married, they had already started buying their house, wasn't pregnant and both were working. NO WELFARE,  NO ACCESS, NO FREEBIES.  More than I can say for most 20 year olds today.
  Anyway, thanks for reading or not reading. Thank GOD we still have a choice (so far) of reading or listening to a fellow American speak out against our Governments idiotic ideals. If things continue as they are my fellow Americans, WE will not have doctors or nurses to care for us any longer, fewer are wanting to work hard to achieve their goals. Our lives will no longer be protected by the police, as they are becoming fearful of being persecuted for doing the job they were hired to do. They will no longer have a desire to put their lives on the line for "assholes" that condemn them. The assholes would rather loot and riot and get more FREE shit, then blame the police for not protecting their property. The Brown Shirts will be doing that soon enough.  WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!! WE ARE LOSING GROUND DAILY!!!!!!This is NOT the America I grew up on.
  Sorry, had to put that last part in.

Note: LIBS, these are the facts, even an idiot can see whats going on or can you????

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: Affordable (?) Healthcare???
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 09:14:51 PM »
First off, huge CONGRATS to your daughter for sticking it out and becoming an RN! That's no small feat, and is certainly commendable!!!  :applause: :applause:

The thing about the $100/month additional due to her husband having healthcare options is NEWS to me! So now we are being penalized, basically, for not paying for dual healthcare??? Complete and utter BS...I'm pretty sure that was never mentioned as the WONDERCARE program was shoved down our throats! Basically, it's "So if you can't afford healthcare, here's your shitty WONDERCARE program options (which no one NEEDING insurance can even afford). Should you have other access to other healthcare (I.e have a job that offers benefits), no matter how shitty the coverage is (and regardless of wether you can AFFORD the said healthcare benefits), and you opt to DECLINE said shitty healthcare benefits program, you will now be either penalized at tax time and/or your spouse/household will be mandated to "donate" $100/month to the "program", which I'm sure is for those that cannot AFFORD healthcare....lol!)...

This is nice...program for the under insured, which is payed for by the insured! Sounds sustainable to me!  :duh: :banghead: :duh: :banghead: It's the perfect Obama runaround...
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline 89chevyman

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • 89chevyman New User barely matters.89chevyman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 11:20:57 PM »
Here's another kicker, if you both work in the same place, you both have to have separate health insurance . One cannot cover both of you. Once again, if you decline said insurance, one of you gets the $100 a paycheck penalty.  I'm so glad that OUR Government knows how to boost the economy and make healthcare soooooo affordable. Just a bunch of A-holes. My own healthcare at my work went from $240 a paycheck(bi-weekly) to get this $$340. I've broke it down and after taxes, health, dental, vision, etc. I am now making a whopping $4.55 an hour for a 32-36 hour (was 40, but cut because of the economy). If McDonalds starts paying $15-17 an hour and be a burger watcher (they don't flip burgers anymore, automated) I'm packing it in.  My pay most certainly didn't go up(as the Government said it would to cover any increases)and I don't get any FN subsidy. I've worked for the same company 26 years and I haven't seen a raise in 10(at the top of my level pay scale). And the countries economy has recovered??? In what country are they talking about, most certainly not in this one. :banghead: :banghead:

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 07:48:35 AM »
we are very happy with the heath care we got thur Obama wife was paying 945 a month just for her    ,she  have better coverage, with 2500 deductible  for 315 a month  , with 945  she had a 5000 deductible , when we moved to va from nj our blue cross  went from 950 a month for both  to 1300 a month  in 3 years time it was 1777 a month , my pills were a 1000 a year  thur blue cross and  80 bucks a month each  for that plan a year , now we go to drug store and I pay cash and get same pills for around 140 bucks a year  , , I can remember bitching  in 1970  when we paid  $35 for  4 of us to be  covered

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 08:31:22 AM »
I don't understand one part, my wife and I work at the same power plant and we're on the same policy with no penalties. We've switched from her staff ins to my union ins and back because of better options from year to year, but haven't paid any penalties for not each having our own policy. We pay 5% of the policy cost based on her income versus 7.5% based on mine. Our state doesn't have it's own obamapool so maybe that's the difference. Her sister has obomacare and pays 165/mo for better coverage than we get and ours is a good Blue Cross plan, but so is hers, just better. On the other hand, I know of several people that are a lot younger and can't afford the plans which seem to be more expensive the younger you get

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 10:35:27 AM »
One things for sure, everyone's mileage varies with it, that's for sure! Now I'm gonna have to go check it out myself!  :sherlock:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal