New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ BARCREST CODE 61 1  (Read 3940 times)

Offline slotmandave

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • slotmandave New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ BARCREST CODE 61 1
« on: October 11, 2015, 03:57:22 PM »
Last week I posted my problem looking for help but went away on vacation and when I came back I realized I posted the wrong trouble code what I have is a code 61 1 , I had this before but it went away now it is here to stay unless someone can help me?? Last time I took the barcreast unit out and slammed it back in and the problem went away but not this time so I am looking for any help as I am lost. THANKS
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 04:21:41 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ BARCREST CODE 61 1
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 04:34:37 PM »
Are you getting 61-1 at the reel glass or in the window on the top glass? If at the reel glass close the door and turn the J/P reset key and it should boot up.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 04:39:31 PM »
And check your battery/connections. Shouldn't just throw a 61-1 because it was turned off

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 04:44:07 PM »
It is at the reel glass, I tried the reset no luck there and battery looks good and has 3.6 volts?  Thanks any other ideas?

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 04:50:57 PM »
Remember, the door has to be shut and latched all the way for the optics to see each other before turning the key. There is a test for checking the optics but I can't remember it. Look at your wires at each door optic as sometimes they get snagged and broken.

the rockin elvis

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 01:56:06 AM »
A 61-1 should only appear after a 61 error and you've pressed and held the self-test button to advance it to 61-1.  Once on that code, you need to close and latch the door (and make sure the bill validator stacker door is closed and latched, too), and then turn and release the jackpot reset key.

If you've done that and the display does not change, it is likely that the machine is not seeing the door as closed.  That could be due to faulty door optics, or if the bill stacker door isn't closed.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
Re: IGT S+ BARCREST CODE 64 1
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 03:20:24 PM »
OK now I have a code 64 1  ??? Again I had this error before but it went away but it here to stay now? I get no lights at all on the barcreast unit where before I would have the digital and the light bulbs would light up, checked the fuse in the barcreast unit and it is good and it also shows the light in the 120 volt switch but that's it. Any body have any ideas on this? Thanks

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 04:33:03 PM »
64 indicates link down. Check your connections at the barcrest board located just above the hopper on back wall. Also unplug and reconnect all plugs on bottom power supply.

the rockin elvis

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 05:16:27 PM »
Still not working, I checked the connections and they look good but can't really test them as they are in the back of the machine, I was wondering if there is a battery in the barcreast unit? Not the one in the IGT MPU which I did check and is good.  Also should I by pass the connections to the barcreast unit in the back and hard wire it to be sure that is not the problem?  Any other ideas . THANKS 

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 08:21:21 PM »
the code is telling you the bottom cpu is not talking to the top box cpu.   the problem with the top box is the problem you described, however by SLAMMING the unit you may have moved the mating plug enough that the housing looks together ,but in reality it is not. that bracket that holds the plug in the cabinet is soft metal and bends real easy. I would recheck that connection, its hard to see .but it can be done, also check to see that one of the pins have not pushed back into the plug itself.   also monitor the small interface board mounted on the backwall (just beneath the reel assembly) there is some LEDS  that will flicker when the units are talking. don't bypass anything, or the machine will never work .

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline slotmandave

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 03:47:03 PM »
Still no go on the barcrest the pins look good ? I will try again to reset the connection box  but as you say it is a hard place to get to. Thanks for the info but is there an thing else I can try  if this fails?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal