New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ - GAME / REEL PROMS 62-0 ERROR  (Read 6165 times)

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
IGT S+ - GAME / REEL PROMS 62-0 ERROR
« on: December 04, 2015, 10:47:40 AM »
I have an early S+ cpu that does not  have the jumpers for the Game and Reel proms - and I am getting a 62-0 error What are the jumpers for? Something to do with the type of eprom used?? picture 1 (with jumpers)  picture 2 (old cpu)     NEVER GOT ANSWER!!!! everything but the answer.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 01:50:53 AM by GOS »

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ - GAME / REEL PROMS 62-0 ERROR
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 10:53:04 AM »
I think that was for different size eprom,   one position was 256    the other was   512...     

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 10:55:33 AM »
that rings a bell - will give that a try - thanks jim

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 05:45:05 PM »
since the SP is a 512 and SS is a 64 - the 256 would be correct for the SP what would be the correct for the SS??

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 06:37:05 PM »
What frequency is the crystal?

Does the board without the jumpers have a 8912 sound chip or a smaller sound chip?
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 06:32:19 AM »
This is a 10mhz board with a 38912 sound Game is early S+ What size/speed eproms do i need?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 12:01:37 PM »
Barry,   never saw a board like that,  usually use a 512 for the SP chip and a 64 for the SS chip.   you do have some jumpers that are hard wired, E-12,  maybe that one corresponds to the E-13/E-14  jumper where as E-12 goes to pin 28 of the cmos chip and applies the battery voltage.  maybe E-13  corresponds to E-16/E-16 where as pin 1 goes to E13, jumped to either +5vdc or Address line 15  which goes to pin 28 of the cpu. maybe E-14 corresponds to E-17/E-18 where as pin 27 goes to E-14 and jumps to +5vdc or Address line 14 which goes to pin 27 on the cpu.   my book only shows a difference on the SP chip jumper,  one direction is 256. jumped the other direction  for 512,  shows nothing for the SS chip (64).

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 03:40:50 PM »
thanks jim - I have 2 of these boards and the are for the early s+ as they where in the wide tray - had chips in them with no labels - and dumb me - I didn't check them - never gave it a thought -  I will retry the 256 SP chip (sp731 for a start)  and assume the ss is still a 64.  During my trial and error I got a 62-0 which I believe was a SP1271 on a 512 that gave me that error.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 06:26:30 PM »
Barry,    I think these are later version boards rather than earlier made,  I think by the time these boards were made 256 was not obsolete, but not used as factory chips.   I looked through the boards I have, several are like that, they have the diodes near the  transformer going horz. instead of vertical, the boards with the vertical diodes have the jumpers for the different chips.

Jim 

Signature:

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 06:46:58 PM »
so the answer is?  still confused.  256 for the SP?   And if so - will most SP code fit on the 256 including the CLEAR?

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 07:46:48 PM »
game prom .. 27C512 (ram and set also)
reel prom .. 27C64

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 01:27:11 AM »
so Ohio Gaming you are saying that the board with no jumpers takes the 27c512?  and the board with jumpers allows for either the 256 or 512 depending on jumper?  so what is the purpose of the jumper for the reel prom (27c64 or ?)?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 07:53:31 AM »
I believe what Ken  is saying is, SP chip is a 512 chip and the SS chip is a 64 chip. the set and clear chips are also 512.   I believe the board you have is a newer version to the board with jumpers.   SO, a SP chip(27C512) and a SS chip (27C64)  should work on that board.  If not, then you could have a bad board.

Signature:

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 08:05:03 AM »
Correct Jim ...

If you use a 27C512 for the game prom and a 27C64 for reel prom they will work without any problem on any S+ board. Jim describes why the jumpers are there in reply 6 and I can't add any thing to that. I have never seen a 27C256 in an S+ board .. with or without jumpers. Difficult to determine what the thought process was when the engineers were designing these boards.

The boards with jumpers I have seen have always been in the same position as in the image you posted. However ...
When using a 27C512 for the game prom socket and the jumpers are not correct the displays on the machine will have nothing in the any of the display windows.
When using a 27C64 for the reel prom socket and the jumpers are not correct there will be a 62-1 displayed in the winner paid window.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 08:26:01 AM »
Maybe a light bulb is turning on .. I think the S model used 27C256 for the reel prom and maybe the reason for the jumpers .. no game prom is used in the S model.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 08:35:35 AM »
This is a S+ board not S

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 09:23:15 AM »
Take a look at the bin file. Is it 512 size or 256 size.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 09:48:18 AM »
Why are we talking bin file?  My question is the jumpers and 256 vs 512 Why are you asking bin sizes Lets stick with my question!!!

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 07:13:44 PM »
If the SP chip you are trying is a 512 and viewing the bin shows the bin could have fitted into a 256 then you can take that bin and program it onto a 256 and it should work on the older board.

Some of the 256 bins from the older boards were programmed onto 512 chips to go into the newer boards but the software remained the same.

That was done with some of the lower SP numbers.

Make a 256 with a bin file of 256 size and try it in a older boards and see if your 62 code goes away.

Or don't do any of the above.

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2015, 07:24:23 PM »
If the SP chip you are trying is a 512 and viewing the bin shows the bin could have fitted into a 256 then you can take that bin and program it onto a 256 and it should work on the older board.

Some of the 256 bins from the older boards were programmed onto 512 chips to go into the newer boards but the software remained the same.

That was done with some of the lower SP numbers.

Make a 256 with a bin file of 256 size and try it in a older boards and see if your 62 code goes away.

Or don't do any of the above.

:agreepost:  :I_agree_1:

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal