New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Sound toggle switch?  (Read 4321 times)

Offline mvco

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Sound toggle switch?
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2018, 05:01:59 PM »
Wow, this is interesting.  Everything has been replaced.  As for the dip switches, the board with the higher numbered SP chip would ignore the dip switches.  Only the older SP chips used the dip switches.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2018, 05:09:46 PM »
Actually, with SP1137 the dipswitch is active and it controls several things. Dipswitch position #3 sets reel sounds on or off.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2018, 05:23:09 PM »
SP1137 has a sound test, it is selected when you have pressed the white TEST button and stepped to the output tests and have the number "50" displayed in the Winner Paid digital display. If you can get sound by doing the diagnostic sound test then that could indicate your hardware is ok (or mostly ok), just something goofy with the software settings maybe.

When the instructions say to press the self test button it is referring to the white TEST button. I'm not fluent enough in S+ to tell you how to do the sound tests but the instructions are in the image below. Maybe someone here can help with that if you need it. I think you just press the white TEST button (aka self test button) until the number "50" is shown in the Winner Paid display. Then turn the jackpot reset key to select a sound, and press the Spin button to hear the sound.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:41:46 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2018, 05:27:18 PM »
...Update on the sound issue:

Basically still no sound. I have bought a new chassis which included a new MPU and motherboard, power and complete wiring harnesses.  There is no sound in either old boards or new boards combination. I have used contact cleaner on the volume pots on both MPU boards....

.....I also have a new wire harness for the door. I’m thinking of running this to rule out the possibility of faulty wires.....

When you say you have replaced all the wiring does this include the wires from the speaker to the motherboard, or at least made sure the speaker harness connector is making contact with the audio connector on the motherboard? I agree, run the new door wiring harness, especially if it contains the speaker wires.

Also, on both mpu boards have you tried flipping dipswitch #3 on and off a few times to ensure it is working, then setting it ON to enable reel sounds? (probably not the problem but I'm running out of ideas)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 03:11:52 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline Talarspeed

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Talarspeed New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2018, 02:54:24 AM »
...Update on the sound issue:

Basically still no sound. I have bought a new chassis which included a new MPU and motherboard, power and complete wiring harnesses.  There is no sound in either old boards or new boards combination. I have used contact cleaner on the volume pots on both MPU boards....

.....I also have a new wire harness for the door. I’m thinking of running this to rule out the possibility of faulty wires.....

When you say you have replaced all the wiring does this include the wires from the speaker to the motherboard, or at least made sure the speaker harness connector is making contact with the audio connector on the motherboard? I agree, run the new door wiring harness, especially if it contains the speaker wires.

Also, on both mpu boards have you tried flipping dipswitch #3 on and off a few times to ensure it is working, then setting it ON to enable reel sounds? (probably not the problem but I'm running out of ideas)

I have the wiring harness- just haven't run it yet out of laziness. Trying to find a quicker fix than disconnecting everything at the door and then rewiring. I know it won't be difficult, just looking at other obvious quick fixes. (I honestly will end up doing this because someone mentioned that I could limit my 3200 errors by cleaning the coin optics; I will probably combine these tasks.)

But you got me thinking . . .  I'm going to check the wiring (from the speaker) at the molex. Going to check the pins and the plug at the MPU. Gonna check for looseness and clean with contact cleaner. 

I have flipped the dipswitch several times thinking that it might help.

Offline Talarspeed

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2018, 05:32:41 AM »
SP1137 has a sound test, it is selected when you have pressed the white TEST button and stepped to the output tests and have the number "50" displayed in the Winner Paid digital display. If you can get sound by doing the diagnostic sound test then that could indicate your hardware is ok (or mostly ok), just something goofy with the software settings maybe.

When the instructions say to press the self test button it is referring to the white TEST button. I'm not fluent enough in S+ to tell you how to do the sound tests but the instructions are in the image below. Maybe someone here can help with that if you need it. I think you just press the white TEST button (aka self test button) until the number "50" is shown in the Winner Paid display. Then turn the jackpot reset key to select a sound, and press the Spin button to hear the sound.

I'm definitely doing something wrong . . .

I have been hitting the white button until I get "2" in the Coins Played.  The Winner Paid starts off with "00".  I keep turning the Jackpot key and cycle through the numbers as shown on the test chart. When I get to "46", I turn the Jackpot key again and the Winner Paid starts over again at "00".  I never see the option with "50".  My intention is to hit "Spin Reels" if I get to 50 to see the options I would have.

What am I doing wrong? If this is confusing I can make a video and post on Youtube.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2018, 05:48:19 AM »
Press white button 5 times to get to 50 (may be 6x depending on sp)  Spin button makes it ding like hitting the white button on optics board or inserting a coin.

Offline Talarspeed

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2018, 06:26:25 AM »
Press white button 5 times to get to 50 (may be 6x depending on sp)  Spin button makes it ding like hitting the white button on optics board or inserting a coin.

Thank you- this got me to the sound test. Hitting the Spin reels- still no sound.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2018, 08:27:18 AM »
If you hit the white button twice do you get a 2 in WP window and a 1 in credits window?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2018, 09:03:33 AM »
Thank you- this got me to the sound test. Hitting the Spin reels- still no sound.
I think doing the sound test in the self test menus should always work to make sound, even if the dipswitch had sounds set to off or other software settings (if there are any) had the sound muted. So that makes me think you have a hardware problem that's keeping you from getting sound. Since you've replaced the speaker, the mpu and motherboard then the wiring itself needs to be verified. Unless I've missed something the sound originates in the mpu board, goes into the motherboard where the mpu plugs in, travels over the motherboard traces and then goes from a motherboard connector to the speaker. So I'd check the speaker wiring from the motherboard to the speaker.

....I'm definitely doing something wrong . . .

I have been hitting the white button until I get "2" in the Coins Played.  The Winner Paid starts off with "00".  I keep turning the Jackpot key and cycle through the numbers as shown on the test chart. When I get to "46", I turn the Jackpot key again and the Winner Paid starts over again at "00".  I never see the option with "50".  My intention is to hit "Spin Reels" if I get to 50 to see the options I would have.

What am I doing wrong?
You're learning new stuff, and it has some frustrations, hang in there!   :odie: :wave:

The IGT SP documents can be confusing, they don't always contain every instructional step you need. I think the output test step#2 is a group of tests numbered up to 46. The sound test is a separate test not part of that group, so you have to step past step#2 and then get to the sound test which is 50. I see that Mark got you going on this, he is very familiar with the S+.

Offline Talarspeed

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2018, 09:06:25 AM »
If you hit the white button twice do you get a 2 in WP window and a 1 in credits window?

Hitting the white button twice from normal game play (after opening the door) gives "5_ _1" in Winner Paid and "0" in Credits.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2018, 09:14:18 AM »
Ok no sound options in software then.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2018, 10:29:25 AM »
A couple of drawings showing the wiring harness connector locations, thought they might be handy. Over the years IGT changed some of the S+ design, like moving the power switch to different locations and where the mpu & motherboards were located. This is the cabinet connector drawings for S+ with the mpu on the leftside wall in bottom of machine. In the drawings the "J/P XXX" terminology is IGT's way of naming both connectors in each connector junction - i.e, J/P 207 = connector jack 207 mates with connector plug 207.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 05:39:03 PM by rokgpsman »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal